Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amrapali_dubey thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Echofades

It's not really leaving him but more like she is going to go away for awhile to get some peace.

y wud adeel let her go?
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Zainab..

Can i say firstly that i love your username?! 😆

Exactly, its just kinda impossible for Adeel to digest that Rana isnt in one of his fans and crazy about his looks. Rana, on the other hand, cant understand why so many girls like him?

Talaaq for Adeel is actually more crucial then it is for Rana, which refreshing to watch. This time the guy would be more shattered than the girl.

Thank you! It's the truth. I LOVE TV. 😆

You know it's funny you say that. Because Adeel has so many delusions about himself helped no doubt by his family and thrones of girls around him. For Rana on the other hand, she has never received the kind of attention Zulfi and Adeel are showering on her and it's clearly unnerving to her. That scene where she wonders why Adeel is hung up on her is hilarious because her confusion is so apparent.

As far as talaaq goes, I was so happy to hear her say that because for once, a lead in a show didn't feel like it was her majboori or zimedaari to put up with a forced marriage. Her interactions with that poor lady who was abused by her husband made it apparent too. She doesn't think marriage is a done deal especially if it has no love or respect in it. Adeel's view of marriage is quite the opposite. Such a pleasant change indeed.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: amrapali_dubey

y wud adeel let her go?

Maybe Adeel wasn't at home when she left?
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Don't be sorry, you said it better than i could.

Exactly what i have been trying to say. I get that its portraying a bad issue to society but what people are failing to comprehend is that its more like an awareness then a straight up message or lesson. There have been various shows that have given great lessons but nothing has changed so why not try spreading awareness instead.

That being said, i feel like Maria and Laila are symbolizing the actual reality that happens, how girls are ready to loose all respect and dignity for money. In Laila's case i feel like she does not care as much as Maria does its more of her mothers pressures that causes her to react the way she does. If I recall correctly there was a scene where Laila was on her phone and her mom snatched out of her hand, yelling at her that she isn't focusing on her goal. Laila's response was one of irritation that it was not that important.

Adeel is not in love with Rana yet, Lust maybe, obsession yes because its 'one thing' he is constantly failing to achieve. Rana has become a mission for Adeel to fulfill otherwise, his chavunistic male ego will be hurt.

But like Rana said "Allah puchay ga" Karma..my love is headed Adeel's way.

Lastly, Rana might not be doing much but her constant verbal fight against Adeel is doing more than we can imagine.

I think Adeel too can sense that Laila isn't as into him as is only following her mom's orders. Which is why he has singled out Maria for his plans and schemes. That's why he sought her out to convince her that he was a victim of this marriage so her loyalties lie with him. So that she doesn't sway from her one-sided crush on him. Again, as I pointed out earlier, Maria will be dissuaded and get to get over him when Adeel wants her to, not when she does.

I loved what you said there and it is an apt description of what is going on here. Although I do think that the reason Adeel has chosen her a little different but more about that in a separate post.

As for karma, I can't wait to see it happen but before that, I'd love to see more of this gray-shaded Adeel and fierce Rana. The tension and the spark are what's keeping me hooked!
Couch_Potato thumbnail

@Couch potato...

One more thing, I agree the love story wont begin until Adeel begins to change IMO. Until he doesnt fall on his face, there won't be a change in any of their attitudes especially Ranas.

Additionally, I dont think Rana is going to accept him UNTIL He begins to show his regret and remorse.

Actually I slightly disagree. I think Rana will begin to see Adeel's better side slowly. He may be a possessive-obsessive maniac to her, but he is exceptionally nice to her mother and sister. And I do think he has some, very minute mind you, but some redeeming qualities and it will be those that would offer Rana some hope of seeing a better Adeel someday. It would also be those things that would someday make her question whether Adeel ever truly did or does love her or is she just a zid of his.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

I agree if Adeel was an Ashar or a perfect kind of guy. He wouldn't have any story. He would just be a boring character and going by the title it's about Gul E Rana and her Journey with Adeel as a very imporant part of the story too. The maker have done a good job so far with both Adeel and Rana character.

I like woman like Rana, she is strong & feisty and not the helpless type. Even after she was forcefully married she vent out her frustration and didn't remain helpless like other typical soap heroine which makes her different.

I'm loving the show so far and both the characters are so well-etched.

Also, I hope Rana continues to remain different. I don't want this to turn into another sappy melodramatic show where the social norms and the idea of farz over weigh her ideals and opinions.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

I love how fast placed this drama is but they can slow down a tiny bit! I wanted to see more from there wedding.

I think they skipped the wedding to get to the meat of the story which is their interactions and I can appreciate that. The wedding proceedings would have seemed hallow and empty with a clearly upset Rana and a gloating Adeel. Also it would have made no sense why her intuitive mother or sister couldn't figure out or ask her what was wrong or even her taya. Also I would have felt a little cheated if I had seen a gorgeous bride Rana and a handsome Adeel scowling at each other and looking miserable.

The marriage episode especially was a huge turn off. 🤢

That BM scene put me off the whole show
im glad this one isnt as extreme
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: amrapali_dubey

Im gonna get so depressed when gul e rana ends...I'm addicted to adeel n rana...Jaldi jaldi se cute love story start kr do writers plz..

I think we will get plenty of shots of them in their bridal wear next episode. After all, if she did take sleeping pills or even if she is just sleeping - either way, Adeel would try to get her to wake up.

Ah, DeD, how I wish we had a few more episodes of that with as much detail to Wali and Farah as we had for the rest of the couples.

I'll be on a look out for a new show when this ends and I don't think I'll find one that quickly. Yeh wala itni mushkil se mila mujhe. But I honestly don't want their love story to start anytime soon. I want gradual realisations and changes and character growth. For once, I want a properly evolved script and no sudden character changes. And once it gets all lovey dovey and cute, I'll probably lose interest. It's the tension that keeps me hooked.
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Does anyone know how many episodes this show has?