Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Agree!!! I was thinking about the same things watching Bashar Momin the other day...Its like as if all the girls of the drama world have taken a contract of jhelofying the bad boys and ultimately changing them into good ones with their holier than thou attitudes...Very realistic...NOT!

Exactly. There is nothing realistic about that. And, those type of plots promote unrealistic expectations. I doubt the show will go the way we'd like, but for once to show the bad boy not "changing" because of the girl and getting her would be nice.
amrapali_dubey thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Was feroze in drama "bikhra mera naseeb "?
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: amrapali_dubey

Was feroze in drama "bikhra mera naseeb "?

Feroze only acted in 3 drama's so far.
Chup Raho
Gul E Rana & that show on ARY.
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

I am bad at explaining but I'll try.

Adeel & Bashar are definitely very different people at their core, but yet I feel the show trying to re-create a Bashar in Adeel, despite their fundamental differences. Bashar had a painful childhood & was forced to grow up at a very young age. Thus he was very harsh with people whereas Adeel seems to have more of a dysfunctional family rather than tormented childhood. Bashar was forced to become arrogant because of the big lesson he learnt in his life quite unlike Adeel who just enjoys the chase & the idea of people worshipping him. Despite these kind of differences, Adeel has a similar kind of arrogance, & attitude like Bashar. He's not as classy though, haha.

What I find most similar or see traces of BM in this show is the little incidents between the leads. In both instances, Rudaba & Rana came to live in the male lead's house after loosing their fathers. We got the first hint of Bashar's attraction towards Rudaba when she kinda shrugged his hand off, which is similar in the show. Then Buland's entry which piqued Bashar's jealousy, similar here with Maria's brother who showed interest in Rana causing Adeel to get jealous & speed things up. Bashar used manipulation to get married to Rudaba by staging the drama of that night when she hugged him & even Adeel got married similarly (though of course Adeel's actions were unintentional). The way Adeel complements Rana about little things or just lights up around Rana was pretty similar to the way Bashar looked at Rudaba initially.

I can see why many might not see the similarities, because the female leads in both the shows react quite differently to the way they were treated. Rudaba was more of an adjustable kind of person, whereas Rana is not. And also Bashar used more of his brain to manipulate Rudaba & family, unlike Adeel who simply enjoys teasing Rana rather than really engaging in big games to get what he wants.

I hope I made sense.

You explained it perfectly.

BM, I actually did not watch every episode, but I do know what happened and the way you pointed the main points out, I can, definitely, see where you are coming from.

Bashar was forced by circumstances to become the way he was and Adeel is just an downright chavunistic human being.

However, I felt like there were times when Rudabas patience was tested to the extreme and she did want to do something about it. Her only solution was going to her brother for help, but her brother was too blinded by his wife to see his sisters misery, So in a way, yes Rudaba was a quiet girl who just accepted whatever way life lead her, but at times she did try to fight but because she failed every time, she just never bothered too do so.

Rana and Adeel are going to end up together in the end, but i do think there will be a redemption track before that. In BM, there was nothing of that sorts IMO.

But nicely said.

Edited by ..Zainab.. - 8 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

As much as Adeel annoys me, I personally find Rana equally annoying because in the first few episodes, you see her preaching about women's rights etc but when the same situation happened to her, she did nothing. At least, Rudaba never claimed to be one who couldn't stand injustice. She was pretty much meek & took a step back whenever she saw trouble. Quite unlike the 'strong woman' Rana is supposed to be. She did not even try to speak out against Adeel without worrying about how others would react to what she revealed. There is nothing great about her taunting Adeel or just shrugging him off after marriage. She already has given him the power over her by silently agreeing to his condition of marriage once.

Also I find Adeel as much a beast as Bashar. Both have similar views about how women should behave - that she should be mute & follow her husband's command silently. Bashar at least lived his life kinda selflessly for his sisters by making sure they were happy & had all the resources they wanted. (I am not justifying Bashar here) Adeel, on the other hand, doesn't seem to show any love for anyone in the family, not even his father who he uses simply to get Rana to do whatever he wants. Also, Bashar loved Rudaba. It was obvious from the very initial episodes, quite unlike Adeel for whom Rana is just a challenge he wants to win. I found Bashar more humane that way, though I don't deny that he was a beast.
Edited by prc_fan1 - 8 years ago
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@prc_fan1

Rana definitely isnt the doing the most she possibly could, to fight Adeel. One thing I failed to understand was why she didnt tell her mother the truth? Why she stood quiet and numb? Exactly, what was the point of that? She just degraded herself and her position in her mothers eyes immensely. When I call her strong, I don't mean a legitimate feminist who is ready to fight for herself whenever needed, what I mean is she does 'try' to give him equal shit back. Yes, she has remained silent in many situations/occasions where she could have said something in return but she didnt. I concur with you here completely, for her silence sometimes irks me. As the episodes went along my questions were answered...Gul-e-Rana is a strong girl who will raise her voice only when she feels like she needs to put her foot down but there were a few things in a couple of episodes that were not in line with her character.With Adeel blackmailing her for marriage, we witnessed a 'strong' girl falling prey to an evil man because she could not seek a way out.

However, as I saw the next episode, when Adeel tells his father that she did want to marry him but said no because of the financial status; my aforementioned questions were answered. She couldnt share anything with her Taya or her mother cause she felt indebted towards her Taya, for all that he has done for them. She did not want to disrespect him in that sense by telling him what kind of an asshole his son really is. Rana's mother is weak and sick, so piling her up with problems wouldnt do anyone good. But I do agree, that if they are going to show the heroine as a girl who cannot muster up courage than she should not be portrayed as a strong girl.

Now coming to Adeel, like I mentioned before, he is just a downright chauvinistic male who thinks a male can never do wrong and a female is always wrong. Adeel does not give Rana's family any respect and treats them like servants and they arent allowed to perform any changes in the house, but at the same time he doesnt make the similar remarks he does to his phupos.

TBH, my thoughts are all over the place, just like episodes because they are too fast paced. LOL exactly why i stopped thinking thinking about it and am just enjoying the show for entertainment.😆

Edited by ..Zainab.. - 8 years ago
576281 thumbnail
@prc_fan1: Try messing with Rana's breakfast and you will see what she is all about...Rana is all about protecting her rights over her breakfast...Adeel learned his lessons real quick and now see he stopped messing with her breakfast and started finding other lighter subjects like forcefully marrying her and threatening her people (like that poor Ashar...)...
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yeah I am just going to sit back & watch the show until I feel like I can't watch anymore. Let's see whats in store ahead. This kind of genre is hardly realistic anyway.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I do think both Adeel and Rana are stubborn like I mentioned in another posts here. Both are competing with eachother, Rana does something WRONG like taking sleeping pill for example and Adeel follows her and do something even worst.
But I do LOVE Rana attitude of giving it back to Adeel.

About not telling her Mom about the issue I can understand why she didn't. Her mother isn't very understanding of her or care to lesson to her problems. The people who she tries to vent out her frustrating to... Adeel ends up stopping her from talking to them. Like Gulab Khan & Ashar.

Adeel in the novel was much worst and harsher to Rana while Adeel in the show isn't shown that bad.
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

As much as Adeel annoys me, I personally find Rana equally annoying because in the first few episodes, you see her preaching about women's rights etc but when the same situation happened to her, she did nothing. At least, Rudaba never claimed to be one who couldn't stand injustice. She was pretty much meek & took a step back whenever she saw trouble. Quite unlike the 'strong woman' Rana is supposed to be. She did not even try to speak out against Adeel without worrying about how others would react to what she revealed. There is nothing great about her taunting Adeel or just shrugging him off after marriage. She already has given him the power over her by silently agreeing to his condition of marriage once.

Also I find Adeel as much a beast as Bashar. Both have similar views about how women should behave - that she should be mute & follow her husband's command silently. Bashar at least lived his life kinda selflessly for his sisters by making sure they were happy & had all the resources they wanted. (I am not justifying Bashar here) Adeel, on the other hand, doesn't seem to show any love for anyone in the family, not even his father who he uses simply to get Rana to do whatever he wants. Also, Bashar loved Rudaba. It was obvious from the very initial episodes, quite unlike Adeel for whom Rana is just a challenge he wants to win. I found Bashar more humane that way, though I don't deny that he was a beast.

Yes so far they didn't give us any justification on why Adeel is behaving so but if I remember correctly, neither did they give any justification for Bashar's terrible behavior in the initial episodes ...His back story first surfaced when he was at the point where he was asked to bring Rudaba home and start his married life which is around 19th or so episode...no? So don't be surprised if they come up with a sad story for Adeel as well...like his mom ignoring him as a child and building a career for herself etc...They always have to put the whole blame on some female, be it a mom or a wife or even the neighbor but somehow these men are NEVER a reason for their own bad behaviors...I somehow hate it when they come up with such stories like they did for Bashar...So according to him, its perfectly fine for the orphaned children like him to go around and wreck havoc in other people's lives?

Bashar as a story is terrible and made me quite uncomfortable all through...There was not a single minute where I watched without being conflicted and questioning myself as to why I am watching such a thing...Its only because of the brilliant performance put forth by the actor...Otherwise, Bashar's every action in the movie was puke worthy...including his coming around and suddenly putting Rudaba on a pedestal...

GER on the other hand, is a much easier watch with Adeel behaving like a fool and Rana at least trying to give it back to him...I too agree that her character has been inconsistent in terms of fighting back for her rights but I do see her at least trying every now and then...
Edited by cricketfan1 - 8 years ago