Users

Frequent Posters

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Ofcourse hes not in love
i think we all know that :P
the story is about how he transforms into a good person and then he will fall in love with her

Everyone knows he doesn't love her yet. But he is only obsessed with her now, he doesn't see her as a person right now and is treating her like a showpiece.
That is only because she ignored him
Midnightsorrow thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

The comparison is interesting, even if I don't necessarily agree with it...Bashar is a true beast...Adeel, even with all his shenanigans, is far from being a beast...For one, if it was Bashar in Adeel's place, by now Rana would've either been dead or forcefully humbled...:(

Also BM is a very matured,disturbing, adult type of drama whereas GER is just another candyfloss version of 'beauty and the beast'...

So they are fundamentally two dramas from two different genres which basically draw their inspiration from 'beauty and the beast'(which most of the desi dramas do, these days)

Same here I don't see any similarities between BM and GER. Bashar was a bigger physico and the real beast.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

That is only because she ignored him

Yes, I can see he's just trying to compete with her. It will tone down only when one of them ends it. I will like to see Adeel taking care of her while she's ill, want to see a soft, tender side of him.
amrapali_dubey thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
But then if he doesn't love her or care for her then y was he concerned when he saw her upset?
If rana was a just a showpiece for him then y wud he consider muneera n hamna as his responsibility..

He has a huge ego I agree..n he wants rana to be only his..but somewhere there is a space for rana in his heart
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
He's still yet to understand "love" He does "like" her but I don't know about "love" yet. I think it's her reaction towards him that is causing him to behave like this. He's a frustrated soul he never come across a girl like her who is giving it back to him rather than be submitted of charm & throwing themselves on him. That's the reason why he choose her as his wife too.
26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

Just caught up with this show to see what the hype was about.
And I find this show trying to copy Bashar Momin at many points, but IMO it fails, because fundamentally, Bashar & Adeel are very different. I really enjoyed Bashar & Rudaba's love story, but I don't think I am quite enjoying Adeel & Rana's story.
Also BM had more engaging & interesting characters apart from the leads. So yeah I prefer BM over this show any day. I am probably in the minority, or maybe the only one who is watching this show hoping that Rana & Adeel won't end up together. I am pretty sure that won't happen though & Rana would probably end up loving Adeel.

Finally, another person who doesn't want them to end up together. I am so sick of the good girl changing the bad boy trope. I'm all in for Adeel's character evolving, but why does Rana have to be the one to change him? Why can't he be the reason to change? Why does the girl always have to be the reason for a bad boy to turn good? Why can't Adeel have a journey like Salar?

Peer e Kamil has ruined me for the bad boy evolutions.
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 26javey

Finally, another person who doesn't want them to end up together. I am so sick of the good girl changing the bad boy trope. I'm all in for Adeel's character evolving, but why does Rana have to be the one to change him? Why can't he be the reason to change? Why does the girl always have to be the reason for a bad boy to turn good? Why can't Adeel have a journey like Salar?

Peer e Kamil has ruined me for the bad boy evolutions.

Agree!!! I was thinking about the same things watching Bashar Momin the other day...Its like as if all the girls of the drama world have taken a contract of jhelofying the bad boys and ultimately changing them into good ones with their holier than thou attitudes...Very realistic...NOT!
26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

He's the one of the protagonists from Peer e Kamil, a novel by Umera Ahmed.
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
In all shows it's the something. It's the female lead responsibility to change the guy.
The way the drama is going and the way Rana is giving it back to Adeel It doesn't look like she is going to change him maybe he will have a change of behavior himself. For the argument between them to end one of them will have to chill and I hope that will be Adeel. I hope atleast.

I know the novel story of this show but I still am watching and viewing it differently.