Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amrapali_dubey thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Echofades

Adeel have ego issue which is bigger than his love. He is falling for Rana, he is slowly understanding her better than anyone else. I'm looking forward to the Islamabad track the most which have a long way to go and then Adeel accident track. I fell the last episode might be the "Musoon kitna acha ho ya" part. I think not sure.

have u read the novel?..or can u tell who has read the novel..i guess im asking this question 4th or the 5th time but im really curious to know
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^No I didn't read it but I got some information for it. Will send you a Summary soon.
.Intoxicated. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

^No I didn't read it but I got some information for it. Will send you a Summary soon.

if u do then plz send me also..
amrapali_dubey thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

thanks a lot...plz do asap...im eagerly waiting for it..thanks again
Couch_Potato thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Nope. My name is Kashish. Not a regular on Pakistani Forum. Used to be here for DeD and now for GeR.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: amrapali_dubey

then how can adeel see...maybe coz he has become very close to rana...n now can read asher's eyes...now rana has become the center of adeel's world...he cant think beyond rana...he is so much into her now..he doesnt miss any chance to ineract with her talk to her tease her n makes all possible attempts so that rana agrees to what he says...he doesnt wanna lose her...the word talaaq was something which dint affect rana at all but it brought a hurricane in adeel's heart when rana sais that she thinks that wont b able to keep this relation for long..

Usually, and this I say based on RL experiences, a guy can read another guy's intentions or emotions for a girl better than she can. It's the same thing here. Besides let's not forget, Adeel is extremely intuitive, possessive and conscious about the way any guy looks or interacts with Rana. It would be easy for him to see what we as viewers have already figured out from Ashar's body language that he has feelings for Rana.

Rana has never seen any guy with that thought in mind. She is soo caught up in her own world that until someone blatantly tells her - like Adeel did or behaves oddly with her - like Zafri did, she wouldn't be able to figure out anyone's feelings for her.

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

Nope. My name is Kashish. Not a regular on Pakistani Forum. Used to be here for DeD and now for GeR.

Oh sorry you have the same username😛
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Zainab..

@Bold you are absolutely correct! And it isnt love, not from Rana's side the least. She was forced, she knows it, we know it. Exactly why we all agreed upon that it should not be an easy ride for Adeel into Rana's heart. She needs to make him work for it.

There are so many traits Adeel is going to have to change about himself in order for it work with Rana. One and the most is how he treats her like a object and he owns her. Regardless of the fact that it does not work completely since Rana denies or answers him back in most matters.

Loads of people in the last thread stated how they want a redemption track for Adeel likewise of Ashar's. His regret, his remorse and anguish were very visible and meaningful.

I, completely, understand where your coming from, but by showing as such men, it's almost like an awareness that these kind of men are real and a girl needs to be aware. Rana being the strong woman telling society regardless of being forced against her will, she is not going to stop fighting till redemption and regret is felt immensely.

GOSH, Meri Zaat Zarra-E-Benishan, was literally the best show ever. I will never get over that one.

I was going to reply to the original post but ..Zainab.. you said almost everything I wanted to say.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions about this show right now is that it's an instant love story of opposites attract. Which is not entirely the case here. It is currently NOT a love story. In fact the one thing I can say for sure about the show is that it is a tale of an arrogant man's breakdown, transformation and redemption. This is essentially the story of Adeel's rise and fall and rise again.

The catalyst for this transformation is Gul-e-Rana. Thus the title of the show.

I have seen bits and pieces of many shows in the past three years. And I can't remember one of them that hasn't left me feeling cheated or wronged. Most of the time I think, this isn't fair. Digest Writer, Humsafar and even to a certain slight extent, Dayar-e-Dil. The way the women are treated in shows in general and in marriages in particular leave much to be desired. Do I think this show is different? No. Will it leave me disappointed? Yes. Yet I can respect one thing that the show is doing and it's doing it obviously.

It's showing us what is wrong with Adeel's behavior through Gul-e-Rana's reactions and actions. She is shown as having a mind of her own and a strong personality, she is shown as fighting and battling with the constant disrespect and abuse.

We also have other kinds of relationships in the show to compare again - a happy healthy relationship of her parents, a silent, suffocating relationship between Adeel's father and step-mother, a vocally abusive one with Ashar's parents and a psychologically abusive one that is Adeel and Rana's.

If there was nothing wrong with Adeel's character, if he was an Ashar - there would be no story. This show isn't promoting abuse, isn't showing Rana putting up with Adeel's behaviour, and it is not showing us Laila or Maria throwing themselves at Adeel knowing his true nature - they're shown doing it for his money. This show is one woman's fight to not give in, to not give up, and bring an arrogant egoistic man down to his knees or atleast teach him a lesson or two - eventually. Yes, there is a love story but everything we have seen so far in the show is in no ways romantic nor done out of love or affection. Love is still a long way away. Adeel needs to learn to respect people before that and Rana's journey to reforming Adeel is just beginning.

Sorry for the long rant, but your discussions really got me thinking.
Couch_Potato thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Oh sorry you have the same username😛

No issues. 😊
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Couch_Potato

Adeel is emotionally invested in Rana in his quest to get her to be invested in him. The things he says and does are constantly to get a reaction from her, any reaction. On the other hand, the most she feels for him is disgust and at times just plain indifference. Something he can't come to terms with. No wonder talaaq seemed like a favourable and obvious outcome to Rana but to Adeel, it was almost unimaginable.

Can i say firstly that i love your username?! 😆

Exactly, its just kinda impossible for Adeel to digest that Rana isnt in one of his fans and crazy about his looks. Rana, on the other hand, cant understand why so many girls like him?

Talaaq for Adeel is actually more crucial then it is for Rana, which refreshing to watch. This time the guy would be more shattered than the girl.