SKR writer's f/back to my query.

adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi All,
Realizing, the writer of the show, is open to feed back , I have sent this mail to him reg two aspects, which I found are shown to be deviating from the renditions we saw till now.

Have received a reply from him. , which I'am copying here., as I wanted to share with you all , if interested.

I understand, the answer may not be very satisfying , to whom a deviation is a deviation, unless, they stick to original / well known texts...but I personally find nothing wrong in looking at events from a different perspective ( as the show is been doing till date ), especially when they are helping one to understand and appreciate the epic more.

However, am' happy that the writer does respond to the queries, and is a man of strong convictions irrespective of likes or dis likes...which is the aspect I appreciate in every writer.

This post is just to pass on the info., request to pls refrain from bashing and comparisons.

-----------------------

On 12 Dec 2015 15:20, "uma sudhir" wrote:
Hello Sir,

Been watching the show Siya Ke Ram from the beginning, quite impressed with the fresh perspective that is being rolled out on the epic Ramayana.

However, there are quite a few audience, who are finding the character portrayal of Raja Dasharath in the show, to be quite displeasing and derogatory, compared to the Dasharath we know as per Valmiki Ramayana or several other popular renditions.
Also, to an extent, Kaikeyi's characterisation. To my observation, it is not going well with the audience, the twist, that has been bought forward in the tale, making her insecure and plotting , a typical soap villain.

As of date, these two aspects of the show, are becoming a black mark, to an otherwise thought provoking rendition.

If you can take a little while, out of your precious time, to clarify on both the above points., it would be highly rewarding. It will help us in enjoying the show, to our utmost satisfaction.

Thanks & Regards,

Uma.
To
  • uma sudhir

Message body

Dear Ms Uma Sudhir

Thank you for taking the trouble to write to me

There are more than 300 Ramayanas. What is prominent are the versions where everyone is perfect and this is a product of Bhakti tradition

However of we analyse Valmiki Ramayan we can find that due to the curse and due to the words Dasarath gave to Kaikeyi and her father Dasarath is an insecure character. Kaikeyi indeed plots to throw Ram out.

Just think for a moment if these big character flaws are not there the entire Ramayana would not have happened.

Valmiki has exploited it to full

Later day Ramayana are Bhakti Ramayanas and so most events like Ram having Sister etc are hidden or not given importance

Unless we explore the territories thay after Valmiki no one has explored this will become just a modern rehash of the old Ramanand Sagar Ramayan

Some scenes may be jarring because usual shows have not shown them

Regards

-------------------------------------

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago