Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NAUCholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: niyati13

just started to watch this show and got hooked to it..

but must say..ria is such n annoying character..I haven't seen kids talking to their mother like this..the actress is good though..hope she works on her diction
her voice isn't clear at times
Its clear that she is gonna fall for Adi and he is just using her..didn't expect adi to be negative but he isπŸ˜•
Jogi is the most believable character..hope he stands with Ria..
And Jassi..she is sweet, innocent..I don't mind her winning..but her reasons to win dont match with her mom's reasoning..surprisingly both dont know each other's good intentions..trying to make ur child confident and being supportive is good..but y be pushy..and then y try to shield her. suri's talking to the coach regarding swimming was totally wrong

Totally agree. And even I think Ria will fall in Aditya's trap. But ultimately we'll have either Simran or Jogi saving her.
Jassi's character has improved. And so does Diana's acting. Earlier it her acting that good but now it's good. And the character Jassi- well surely she is been portrayed as THE HERO of the show, but Suri's repeated interferance kind of spoils the feel. Like it would be more better if she gets inspired by Suri's words, but ultimately fights it out on her own. I didn't like Suri meeting the coach at all.
The coach is BANG ON, and totally the star.⭐️
And JOGI- Damn! His character is one place that clearly puts Season 2 ahead of Season 1. Right from the start, I love Jogi's character. He is realistic, good at heart, definately not the bhola-bhaala baccha, but is really entertaining. And Anuj is doing a great job with the character. His acting is really good, and his accent, dialogue delivery totally suits Jogi's character. Jogi is one reason to watch the show definately.⭐️ Earlier he wasn't given much importance, but now that he is given enough screen space and role, he is really Killing it and Rocking it, and the show has become better⭐️ Because season 2 earlier lacked that comic relief and 'kids thing'- because it early showed just the Nikki-Suri bond. But now the kids are given importance, so it is really nice.
Ria - well Bhavika acts very well right from the beginning. But the character Ria is a bit over. Yes Simran too is annoying but Ria surely overdoes it. I just wish she comes to know what would have happened to her that Party wala night, if Jogi wouldn't have come to save her- so that thoda udd na band kareπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by NAUCholic - 8 years ago
NAUCholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: rohity

The way this show is going looks too boring

Jogi, riya & aditya are more talented than Jassi.. But these serial makers want to add nonsense and drama and will make jassi win the Student of the year

This is so wrong

I want either jogi or riya to win student of the year.. I seriously dnt want a loser like Jassi to win such a big title.. Showmakers are setting a wrong example if they will make a loser like Jassi to win SOTY title..

See even I'm not exactly favouring the makers to zabardasti make Jassi the winner( but bit obvious, the way the promo was shot).
But yes. A person who tops the board(10th std) is definitely not a loser for sure. πŸ˜†
However idiotic she is- the thing is- she tops the place which matters 'the most' in real world, PRACTICALLY. ACADEMICS. Lets all face it, but it is the bitter truth of the world. I may/maynot think so. But it is not about opinion. It is a hard hitting fact.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
So yeah, she is definately not a loser.
And not against anyone, but I don't get this thing of calling others "losers". I mean what is the criteria of labelling others losers? And who are the people to judge and call others losers. πŸ₯±
Anyway Sorry if I have hurt any sentiments, but it is just that I don't get this calling people 'loser' thing.πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
rohity1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NAUCholic

See even I'm not exactly favouring the makers to zabardasti make Jassi the winner( but bit obvious, the way the promo was shot).
But yes. A person who tops the board(10th std) is definitely not a loser for sure. πŸ˜†
However idiotic she is- the thing is- she tops the place which matters 'the most' in real world, PRACTICALLY. ACADEMICS. Lets all face it, but it is the bitter truth of the world. I may/maynot think so. But it is not about opinion. It is a hard hitting fact.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
So yeah, she is definately not a loser.
And not against anyone, but I don't get this thing of calling others "losers". I mean what is the criteria of labelling others losers? And who are the people to judge and call others losers. πŸ₯±
Anyway Sorry if I have hurt any sentiments, but it is just that I don't get this calling people 'loser' thing.πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

The way Jassi is behaving in SOTY title is quality of a loser bro.. it is not a quality of winner

Let's assume they are showing Jassi as a kid who has topped 10th Board but do u think a student who has topped 10th Board will behave like this? She is definitely not a winner material for SOTY

Well enough said, I was 10th & 12th topper in my school. I won so many Olympiads during my school time. I was head boy of school in 10th... I was fastest sprinter in my class.. we use to have athletic competition... I still remember when I won 5 Gold Medals (3 in race, 1 long jump & 1 high jump).. I was so confident kid in a school... I dint see even a single kid in my entire school who was like Jassi... show is wrong in many parts... character of Jassi is seriously a big set back for the show... We all have seen character like Jogi, Riya, Aditya, Ankita, Dolly in our school life but I bet even you would have never seen a character like Jassi in your entire school life... How can a kid studying in 11th class behave like this?? I have just started hating this show after seeing Jassi's character

I don't mind if makers want to portray a kid like Jassi as winner of SOTY title but at least they need to show some sense... Why to show Jassi as a loser in SOTY competition.. they themselves r trying to show Jassi as loser... Whenever new competition gets announced, she goes into her own virtual life the same way Taare zameen par kid use to do...

Don't you think a guy like Jogi deserves to win this title.. He is confident.. He is performing.. He doesn't behave like a loser...
Edited by rohity1 - 8 years ago
NAUCholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: rohity1

The way Jassi is behaving in SOTY title is quality of a loser bro.. it is not a quality of winner

Let's assume they are showing Jassi as a kid who has topped 10th Board but do u think a student who has topped 10th Board will behave like this? She is definitely not a winner material for SOTY

Well enough said, I was 10th & 12th topper in my school. I won so many Olympiads during my school time. I was head boy of school in 10th... I was fastest sprinter in my class.. we use to have athletic competition... I still remember when I won 5 Gold Medals (3 in race, 1 long jump & 1 high jump).. I was so confident kid in a school... I dint see even a single kid in my entire school who was like Jassi... show is wrong in many parts... character of Jassi is seriously a big set back for the show... We all have seen character like Jogi, Riya, Aditya, Ankita, Dolly in our school life but I bet even you would have never seen a character like Jassi in your entire school life... How can a kid studying in 11th class behave like this?? I have just started hating this show after seeing Jassi's character

I don't mind if makers want to portray a kid like Jassi as winner of SOTY title but at least they need to show some sense... Why to show Jassi as a loser in SOTY competition.. they themselves r trying to show Jassi as loser... Whenever new competition gets announced, she goes into her own virtual life the same way Taare zameen par kid use to do...

Don't you think a guy like Jogi deserves to win this title.. He is confident.. He is performing.. He doesn't behave like a loser...

Well you might be an all rounder cool kid, but you can't expect the entire topper population to be like youπŸ˜† As far as I have seen, like in my school, college and in general, there is part of students who belong to the 'always topping' category. And yeah- some of them are rarely seen in sports events. They just show up in some debate like events and quizzes. Not stereotyping, but just a general thing that is noted. That is why I have written "some" and not "all of them".
What my problem is the 'loser' tagπŸ˜† I know Jassi's character is more on the unrealistic side. But I definitely do not think she is like Ishan Awasthy(TZP waala). Jassi is definitely not dyslexic- and the zone she goes into is poles apart from the zones that Ishan goes intoπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And Bro. I'm not a Jassi supporter or shizz- even fact I literally watch the show for Jogi. But I couldn't digest the loser tag given to her. No one is a loser really. I mean- the thing is- who dafuq are we to label others 'losers'πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜› And the basic fact is- going by simple defination and logic- a person who effin tops the board is not a loser. Period. You might not consider or acknowledge that- but a greater share of the population that comprises of average students like us would never accept the fact that a topper would be a 'loser'. Anything but 'loser', seriously.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Yes- she is idiotic, crybaby, stupid- but not a loser definitely. And what exactly did she do in the SOTY that is so drastic to be labelled a loser? Like, maybe she is a person who has always stayed out of sports and dance and shizz - there are plenty of people like that in the world - then does it make them all too be losers?πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And for the thing that "you'll never find a person like her in real life". Well everyone has that friend who is an introvert. Many of us have that awkward classmate, Many knows a person who panics and gets hyper for every effin reason. πŸ˜† We don't label them losers for thatπŸ˜† I can't even call Jassi the awkward one- because she is quite friendly to her classmates -even when some of them are repeatedly taunting herπŸ˜† She is just this person who panics amd gets hyper a lot. And such people do exist in the real world. A lot.πŸ˜†
And when we are talking about being realistic- Ankita, according to me is an unrealistic one. Where do we have students in school who are 24/7 behind a student(even if she/he is of not harm and literally has nothing to do with these Ankita-like students) ? And the acid wala thing- even when Jassi didn't do anything. Lol. She's the one being like the evil Saas or evil Bhabhi in Saas Bahu shizz.πŸ˜†
You can very well hate Jassi, that's totally your choiceπŸ˜† Even I don't like her. πŸ˜† But your logic of labelling someone loser for something like this is what I don't get.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† We , in our school, usually uses the word loser to taunt the losing team in the interhouse matches, specially when our team ends up on the winning sides, that too in a fun and casual way. And that taunting and making fun of, to a limit. Not after that. πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
And about Jassi winning- yaar ab jo obvious bandi(Ria/Aditya/Ankita) ko jeetaoge toh show dekhne mein konsa mazza ayega. However cliched it is, aakhir underdog ki story hi chalti haiπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† #HardHittingFact2πŸ˜›
Even I want Jogi to win, but it is obvious that CVs will make Jassi winπŸ˜› But the SOTY track is giving plenty screenspace to Jogi, which is actually doing good for the show- and I'm happy with it.

P.S - I don't even get why there are speculations on who is the SOTY when it was plain obvious in the promo.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† The sudden collection of the full year's fees wala track was introduced just for this SOTY track.πŸ˜†
Also, I didn't want to bring in, personal incidents and shizz. You started it. So I had to bring in them, in an attempt to prove my point.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜›
alinasaif thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 3serialfan40

Riya is annoying, and I think its ok for Jassi to win for a change.

Riya is an entitled good for nothing is more arrogance than substance, She lies and cheats all the time, she just wants to have a good time, no confidence, arrogance is not confidence, it is the opposite. Apple does not fall far from the tree. The mom is not confident, never was and now so is the daughter.

Personally I love Ria and am quite sad to see that the CVs deliberately ruin such a good character for portraying stereotypes. As for Simran, I like her waaayyy more than Suri.
alinasaif thumbnail

Originally posted by: NAUCholic

I think for the student of the year, Jassi is clearly gonna win it. The way the promo was shot, it is plain obvious- that scholarship wala part. I think even Ria will work hard- so Simran will agree to stop invading in her privacy anyway, like for the efforts she put of sorts.

And as for the couple part- I love Jogi-Ria wayyy too much to think of any other pairing for them. Jogi - Ria all the way❀️
I don't like Aditya, but daalna hi hai toh Jassi - Aditya theek hai :P But Jogiii - Riaaa ❀️

Haha, after seeing some of their scenes, I have to admit Jogi and Ria are starting to appeal to me too...😳

Its quite sad that the CVs succumb to stereotypes. I would like to see Ria win because if Jassi does it is way to unrealistic. Literally I love all characters except Jassi and Suri. Jassi is not a girl of today and if anything she is not a good role model. In order to make Jassi seem good, the CVs try to make Ria look bad, which is unfair and stupid. Ria could have been made into someone we could look up to. Suri on the other hand s everything a mother shouldn't be. I'm sorry but the amount of pressure she puts on her child is disgusting. She should let her try and is she fails she should console. She should let Jassi win and lose on her own merit, not her force. Plus, she is such a pushy wife. For instance, I understand that she wants her children to study in big and new schools, but does she have to push her husband for something he clearly cannot afford. You can't tell me this is the only good school in Delhi. There must be other school that have such opportunities at lower costs. She is stubborn and dumb in the worst possible way.

Jogi and Ria and the Guptas are so much better. The Gupta's take time out to explain and encourage their daughter in the right way and motivate her in a way that is healthy for her. Jogi and Ria are realistic and supportive. Obviously Ria wants to win the competition. She has to think about her future too. That's not being arrogant, thats being independent.
alinasaif thumbnail

Originally posted by: bookworm2

i am posting after a long interval.there are not many good shows nowadays. this is one of the very few which is worth watching - hate all those supernatural story lines in almost every show.

I like everyone in this show, of course Jogi and Kulvinder are my favorites.
I have one gripe though, please Jassi you dont have to have that confused, constipated, worried look all the time. There is a difference between being innocent and appearing to be on the verge of tears . And also please i think everyone is getting tired of hearing jassi all the time giving us her mom's tidbits. It is now pretty much established what your moms role is in your life. It is kind of getting annoying to see her being pushed and cajoled at every single step. Rather CVs, you can show her working hard to achieve her goals.

CVs a small request - please tone down Suki's eagerness to see her daughter successful. she is coming across more like a overly pushy mom.

These were my two cents no offence meant to anyone.

I totally agree with everything you said. My rant about the same thing is answered in the comment aboveπŸ˜†
NAUCholic thumbnail

Originally posted by: alinasaif

Haha, after seeing some of their scenes, I have to admit Jogi and Ria are starting to appeal to me too...😳

Its quite sad that the CVs succumb to stereotypes. I would like to see Ria win because if Jassi does it is way to unrealistic. Literally I love all characters except Jassi and Suri. Jassi is not a girl of today and if anything she is not a good role model. In order to make Jassi seem good, the CVs try to make Ria look bad, which is unfair and stupid. Ria could have been made into someone we could look up to. Suri on the other hand s everything a mother shouldn't be. I'm sorry but the amount of pressure she puts on her child is disgusting. She should let her try and is she fails she should console. She should let Jassi win and lose on her own merit, not her force. Plus, she is such a pushy wife. For instance, I understand that she wants her children to study in big and new schools, but does she have to push her husband for something he clearly cannot afford. You can't tell me this is the only good school in Delhi. There must be other school that have such opportunities at lower costs. She is stubborn and dumb in the worst possible way.

Jogi and Ria and the Guptas are so much better. The Gupta's take time out to explain and encourage their daughter in the right way and motivate her in a way that is healthy for her. Jogi and Ria are realistic and supportive. Obviously Ria wants to win the competition. She has to think about her future too. That's not being arrogant, thats being independent.

Ria is one character I really used to love in the beginning. It was like she is one of us. And Bhavika's acting is reallly good, though she is a newcomer. Jassi's character was HIGHLY OVERDONE, in the beginning. And so did Diana's acting. Jogi- well, he is always the star, and so is Anuj's acting. BANG ON⭐️😳
But now, I can feel that Diana's acting has really improved, and Jassi's character as bit. But the main problem in Suri's interference spoils the feel totally. I mean, it would have been wayyy better if Jassi fights is out on her own, for winning tje scholarship. Suri meeting the coach was pointless 🀒
Though Bhavika's acting is still bang on, Ria's character is turning a bit annoying and arrogant day by day.
And the only culprits for this is the CVs. They are making Ria the stereotypical arrogant cool kid- when earlier she was just a bindaas realistic schoolkid.
And the CVs have destroyed the reason why Ria wants to win. Like it is just to keep her mom out of her business. It is never shown that she wants to win it for 'herself' or for any good purpose. Everytime she says she wants to win the SOTY title, a sentence that follows is that- "Mujhe Momsie ko jeet ke dikhana hai ki mai unn losers Jassi, Jogi se better hu. Jeetna toh mujhe hi hai". That is more on the arrogant and overconfident side.
It would have been better if Ria's reason for winning SOTY was - "showing the world that being good in academics is not mandatory. You just need that right jazbaa. There are other things than topping in studies. " for the acceptance from her momsie- that she isn't just another spoilt kid, she is always written off that she is a spoilt one, this is her chance to prove to the world that she has got it in her to win it- yeah- that would have been a lot better. That would leave a great impression on the viewers.
But now, her reasons are just for the wrong reasons- at least from the context of the show- because after all its Parvarrish showπŸ˜† They won't definitely preach children winning contests to keep out parents from invading their 'privacy' and do whatever they want.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Not in Parvarrish for sureπŸ˜†
It is all the CVs fault. They are just sticking to the cliched path and stereotypes. But have to commend Bhavika and Anuj's acting. They are literally SMASHING.⭐️
And Ankitaaa- uff! She is the most unrealistic thing in the show right now. She was bearable in the beginning, but now, her character is more like the evil jobless bhabhi in the saas-bahu shizz, who have no other jobs other than messing up others' business.🀒 Even Aditya is following the same path now.🀒

And then comes Jogiii❀️ I won't say much for him. He was amazing then, he is amazing now. Clearly one place where Season 2 is ahead of Season 1. Joginder Khurrana⭐️
The Guptas are also good- Raj is amazing. Simran poked her nose a bit too much earlier, but still that was realistic. Aajkal she is really cool- the stern mom role suits her really well.
I also like Kulvinder's character. He is kinda innocentπŸ˜†
Suri is annoying. She early came across as the loud but cool Punjabi mom. But now she is getting too nosey and interfering.
And Raj and Kulvinder's friendly banter is also cool and really good.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ‘
lizzie1765 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Ankita and aditya suit each other . 🀣🀣The rest SOTY track is dragging to much pls cvs end this πŸ€”track
rohity1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: alinasaif

Exactly my words

and NAUCholic bro answer is in this post itself

Jassi is kind of kid that no parent wants their kid to be
Suri is kind of mother that shouldn't exist in reality..

This season of parvarish is setting wrong example.. I am hating Suri as mother and Jassi as a kid

Riya & Riya's mom role is very much realistic and there is nothing wrong in it.. But Suri as a mother is STRICT NO... Aisi maa hone lagi toh fir bachhe ho gaye paas :D