reams thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
๐Ÿ˜ƒ http://www.deccanchronicle.com/151220/entertainment-tvmusic/article/i-love-watching-period-dramas-ashish-sharmaG
Edited by reams - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
tfs ๐Ÿ˜Š

I love watching period dramas: Ashish Sharma

Ashish Sharma of Rangrasiya fame has been winning hearts with his role as Ram in Siya Ke Ram. In a chat with DC, the actor tells us more about what goes into bringing out the character.

Since Ram is a central figure in Hindu mythology, what are you most careful about while portraying him?
The Ramayana is an extremely significant part of our culture and there is no room for mistakes. As for playing Ram, I ensure that my conduct doesn't disrespect the faith that comes along with the role.

How long does it take to get into your look?
It takes almost 45 minutes " the costume needs to be draped in a certain order; even the teeka needs to be placed perfectly; the hair needs to be done in a specific way.

I am the kind who is always on time while shooting. I realise that nothing should go wrong. It takes more time but the effort is reflected on screen.

Have you always been interested in mythology?
I have grown up with my grandparents and they always told mythological stories to me and my siblings, so yes I've always been interested. And yes, I am really happy that I am representing our culture through.

What do you find most interesting about mythological shows?
The characters are larger than life and yet, everything we think or do or want to do is in some way derived from our own mythology and history. We, as people, base our entire lifestyle based on mythology.

As a viewer, what kind of shows interest you the most?
I love period dramas " be it romance or philosophy. I love watching Game of Thrones, Rome and Spartacus from the period dramas genre. Among thrillers, I also like Fargo and Sherlock Holmes.

Would you like to play a character like Rudra (from Rangrasiya) again?
I think I have been blessed to play a variety of roles. I have experimented and done different things. I would do the role only if it has something new to offer. I wouldn't want to repeat myself.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely IV as usual
It's pleasure reading his IV's always๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nice interview...
Thanks for sharing dear...