Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@mnx, Tks for sharing the article.
IMO, it would be very helpful and educative to general audience, when they are showing a story we do not know in general, they can just mention the source relevant to same, at the end of the episode.

It can with reference to a folk tale, ancient plays, various re tellings wrt different regions., etc., etc.,

They are free to present these stories with creative liberties, within the dots, it will not restrict them, but it will only help the audience to know more, and the amount of research that underwent.

Like the Shanta story, what they have shown - the basis I understand is from "Ramopakhyan" of Vasishta's MB.

They have indeed done some deviations in terms of creative liberty, for in they wanted to bring forth guilt ridden Dasharatha, and some mutual mis understandings between the King and the Queen., Rama bridging the gap created, interspersing with theory of Jabali.

Though for the deviation, I liked this particular track, to utmost extent, as it brought forward the personality of Rama, so excellently and with crystal clarity.

----------

Currently ,Rama - Lakshmana, fighting with Mareech and Subahu., I earnestly wish they leave the killing till Viswamitra enters, and takes them under his tutelage., becoz, that is how, the chronology of events take place. Viswamitra plays a very important part in educating Ram - Lakshman, in teaching the duo the divyastras.

So, as long as the due credit is given to respective characters, following the basic chronology of events, make the presentation subtle and logical, with no un necessary drama, mushiness, I 'am ready to watch and appreciate same.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@adi mareecha cant be killed. He is needed later. If they kill mareecha the whole story is lost. I hope they just drum them up today and leave them. Later the real fight happens protecting Vishwamitra's yajna. That anyways has to be shown. Vishwamitra's role in Ramayana is of high priority.
adi2512 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@adi mareecha cant be killed. He is needed later. If they kill mareecha the whole story is lost. I hope they just drum them up today and leave them. Later the real fight happens protecting Vishwamitra's yajna. That anyways has to be shown. Vishwamitra's role in Ramayana is of high priority.

Yeah...agree.

Later, Mareecha is the one who takes the shape of the golden deer , right ?

Now, I have a small doubt reg this...this is the text from Griffith's translation of VR...wrt Rama fighting Mareech, Subahu...

---------
Then soon as those accursed two
Who showered down blood be spied,
Thus to his brother brave and true
Spoke Rma lotus-eyed:
'Now, Lakshman, thou these fiends shalt see,
Man-eaters, foul of mind,
Before my mortal weapon flee
Like clouds before the wind.'
He spoke. An arrow, swift as thought,
Upon his bow he pressed,
And smote, to utmost fury wrought,
Mricha on the breast.
Deep in his flesh the weapon lay
Winged by the mystic spell,

And, hurled a hundred leagues away,
In ocean's flood he fell.
Then Rma, when he saw the foe
Convulsed and mad with pain
'Neath the chill-pointed weapon's blow,
To Lakshman spoke again:
'See, Lakshman, see! this mortal dart
That strikes a numbing chill,
Hath struck him senseless with the smart,
But left him breathing still.
But these who love the evil way,
And drink the blood they spill,
Rejoicing holy rites to stay,
Fierce plagues, my hand shall kill.'
He seized another shaft, the best,
Aglow with living flame;
It struck Suvhu on the chest,
And dead to earth he came.
Again a dart, the Wind-God's own,
Upon his string he laid,
And all the demons were o'erthrown,

The saints no more afraid.
When thus the fiends were slain in fight,

Disturbers of each holy rite,
Due honour by the saints was paid
To Rma for his wondrous aid:

------------------

In this, it is mentioned 'the fiends were slain'.

which means killed right ?

Then how Mareech takes the shape of golden deer later ?
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
No adi. The line says " but breathing still". So Mareecha survives and he knows Ram. Actually Mareecha doesn't want to be a golden deer to cheat Ram. He know what will happen to him. But Ravan forces him. Mareecha knows he will die even when he decides to take the shape of the golden deer.
Editz_island thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Correctly said👍🏼
Tfs
Edited by -Athu- - 8 years ago
adi2512 thumbnail
Tks...for the clarification, Shruthi,,,

I got confused with the word 'slain'.
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Creative liberty is OK to an extent till it maintains the soul. On alternative narratives I wana say give d source of s story and mythlogy open to interpretation wov ?? The interpretion part should be just and no extreme creative liberty should be taken.
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Meena mytho is open to interpretation. As long as the soul is intact I don't think any complaint will fly. What Devdutt Patnaik told is true. SP Mahabharath was a huge success. And the large part of the success can be owed to the way they presented Krishna. And the soul of the epic was kept intact. Even in SKR we can only expect that.

Yes success of MB was in the way they presented Krishna. As in his interaction with the audience right from the promos. The seekh in relation to the events in the story were also well done.
Like in BR chopra's MB t was samay who did the narration here it was Krishna himself It gave a divine connection to it.
Tht kind of a connection seems to be missing in SKR. there are seekhs to be learnt but that the audience has to interpret & see. They have been showing the story very normally like any other story. they have approached it differently than other mythos. Though the simple approach is also looking good. But still i have not got the feel that im watching god on screen like the way i felt while watching SRJ as krishna or mohit as Shiv. I am able to see SKR Ram as more human than god
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
TThnx for sharing dear...
About shiv's daughter very few know...
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well said. And I am loving the show so much. Jai Shri Ram.