Views

Users

Frequent Posters

appukrish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Arshi, Shruti, Ramya..nice thoughts on marriage etc..my two cents on the topic

Marriage is a choice - agree.
Another true thing is the saying marriages are made in heaven. Who you marry is pre destined just like your birth, death etc.. you may pray as much as you want but you will still get who ever God decides. Whether it's Shiva or Someone else and this is true for the husband also. We are not divinized humans to know and choose the right lufe partner.
Couples are destined to complement each other and grow together in the journey of life. True marriage is when both accept the other half for who they are, realize that this is what is meant to be and help each other achieve the true goal of human life and the material goals that are part of life.
Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: appukrish

Another true thing is the saying marriages are made in heaven. Who you marry is pre destined just like your birth, death etc.. you may pray as much as you want but you will still get who ever God decides. Whether it's Shiva or Someone else and this is true for the husband also. We are not divinized humans to know and choose the right lufe partner.
Couples are destined to complement each other and grow together in the journey of life. True marriage is when both accept the other half for who they are, realize that this is what is meant to be and help each other achieve the true goal of human life and the material goals that are part of life.

Beautifully said Aparna, while kismet has a lot to do with who you marry, but marriage, even when you are in love with your husband, is not simple. It requires you to work together emotionally throughout life.

But it's also true that marriages go wrong, and life becomes unbearable together. So, it's a chance we take and give our 100% in it, if it works, we find bliss and happiness, but if it doesn't, life is stormy.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: appukrish

Agreed to an extent. I feel that the destiny of a person is fixed by the karma of the soul. Still god actually gives us option to choose at the right time. Thats what is conscience.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Aparna you have the power with you to change your destiny with karma is my take. U cannot erase the past Karma's, but of course you can chart a new path, if you base your karma on the direction set by God. For me at every juncture 2 choices are given. And results varies based on the path taken. If we tune ourselves to the frequency of the God, our inner voice the path will give us inner bliss despite the struggles is my take.
Rather than putting everything on destiny, I would prefer to do action. Because that's what BG tells. Do Karma in the direction set by me, trusting me. Don't bother about results. As a person though I believe in prayer, I don't believe in prayer without action. You cant blame destiny for everything. Life gives you choices and the one who makes best use of it will succeed. Yaa you need God's grace to understand the right choice.
I had heard a story about great grammarian Panini. When he went to Gurukul, the guru told him he had no education line in his palm. The boy redrew the line with a knife and with his hardwork became one of the renowned grammarian
And even Goddess Parvati was the reincarnation of Sati had to walk a hard path to get Shiv as her husband. So everything not pre destined. If you have the will power certain destinies can be changed.
Also sorrow create different reactions in different people. If someone near and dear to you dies, you can sit mourn, blame the destiny, you can also be Raja Ram Mohan Roy who stopped the practice of Sati after seeing his SIL brutally getting burned because of the regressive practice.
Same is the case with marriage. It is still a choice. If it was pre-destined everytime then we wouldn't have seen this many divorces. Because the sacred bond, the bonds of saath janam cannot be broken like that. If it is getting broken then it is a fact that either the wrong choice was made, or the inner voice was ignored which told this is not the destined one.
One more thing nothing shows the importance of choice in our life than the famous scene in Mahabharath. I still get goosebumps whenever I watch it. I still feel my mind lost in prayer when I see it. I have seen " n" number of times. Read it even more. But still the scene is etched in my mind like anything. The scene where Krishna offers Arjun 2 choices. On one side his entire army will be there and on other side he will be there but without weapon. And the beauty is that even when army was at his disposal, Arjun choose Krishna. And God came as his charioteer to hold the direction of his battle. To a true devotee God always test. He or she is always given the choice of following his path or choosing his power. Because the best is always for that devotee who passes the test that is put in front of him or her.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Awesome. Once again our wavelength matches.
I didn't know about panini. Thanks for the info.

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Aparna you have the power with you to change your destiny with karma is my take. U cannot erase the past Karma's, but of course you can chart a new path, if you base your karma on the direction set by God. For me at every juncture 2 choices are given. And results varies based on the path taken. If we tune ourselves to the frequency of the God, our inner voice the path will give us inner bliss despite the struggles is my take.

Rather than putting everything on destiny, I would prefer to do action. Because that's what BG tells. Do Karma in the direction set by me, trusting me. Don't bother about results. As a person though I believe in prayer, I don't believe in prayer without action. You cant blame destiny for everything. Life gives you choices and the one who makes best use of it will succeed. Yaa you need God's grace to understand the right choice.
I had heard a story about great grammarian Panini. When he went to Gurukul, the guru told him he had no education line in his palm. The boy redrew the line with a knife and with his hardwork became one of the renowned grammarian
And even Goddess Parvati was the reincarnation of Sati had to walk a hard path to get Shiv as her husband. So everything not pre destined. If you have the will power certain destinies can be changed.
Also sorrow create different reactions in different people. If someone near and dear to you dies, you can sit mourn, blame the destiny, you can also be Raja Ram Mohan Roy who stopped the practice of Sati after seeing his SIL brutally getting burned because of the regressive practice.
Same is the case with marriage. It is still a choice. If it was pre-destined everytime then we wouldn't have seen this many divorces. Because the sacred bond, the bonds of saath janam cannot be broken like that. If it is getting broken then it is a fact that either the wrong choice was made, or the inner voice was ignored which told this is not the destined one.
One more thing nothing shows the importance of choice in our life than the famous scene in Mahabharath. I still get goosebumps whenever I watch it. I still feel my mind lost in prayer when I see it. I have seen " n" number of times. Read it even more. But still the scene is etched in my mind like anything. The scene where Krishna offers Arjun 2 choices. On one side his entire army will be there and on other side he will be there but without weapon. And the beauty is that even when army was at his disposal, Arjun choose Krishna. And God came as his charioteer to hold the direction of his battle. To a true devotee God always test. He or she is always given the choice of following his path or choosing his power. Because the best is always for that devotee who passes the test that is put in front of him or her.

👍🏼

Word Count: 1