Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Beautiful post on a beautiful episode.

The Ram - Kekeyi scene and Vashisht - Dasharath convo are the best.

Feeling sad for Kekeyi's state of mind that did not allow her to admire Ram's concern for her and Dasharath's love for Ram which is not allowing him to understand his mistake.
Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: b2011

Beautiful post on a beautiful episode.

The Ram - Kekeyi scene and Vashisht - Dasharath convo are the best.

Feeling sad for Kekeyi's state of mind that did not allow her to admire Ram's concern for her and Dasharath's love for Ram which is not allowing him to understand his mistake.

Sad, but human. We can find this in our lives also so often. I am sure divine opportunity would've waited outside our doors too, and in our anger we must've shut it off,...
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: adi2512

I'am currently reading " Ramayana " retold by C. RajaGopalachari -

I understand, his rendition is a combination of Valmiki Ramayana as well as Kamban., for his text gives both their POV's for a particular sequence.

What he says about Sumitra , to quote from his text -

Quote -

In the Ramayana, Sumitra is a woman of few words and mature wisdom and great tact and infinite courage, full of faith, in whom 'hope shines like a fame when it has gone out in all others.' The tradition is that Sumitra knew Rama's divinity and the purpose of his incarnation and that this enabled her not only to comfort Kausalya but to see a holy ministration in Lakshmana's sharing Rama's exile.

- Unquote

CV's have thus showed us that Sumitra is able to have a glimpse of Rama as Vishnu avatar.

Wow!
Do share like this ,whenever u find some relevanceπŸ˜ƒ
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
A perfect analysis of the episode. A very nice episode to end the week.
Loved it. The conversation between Raja Dashratha and Guru Vashishtha was the best.
Also as you said Manish Wadhwa ji was a treat to watch.

And not to forget the precap!!!!
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: adi2512

I'am currently reading " Ramayana " retold by C. RajaGopalachari -

I understand, his rendition is a combination of Valmiki Ramayana as well as Kamban., for his text gives both their POV's for a particular sequence.

What he says about Sumitra , to quote from his text -

Quote -

In the Ramayana, Sumitra is a woman of few words and mature wisdom and great tact and infinite courage, full of faith, in whom 'hope shines like a fame when it has gone out in all others.' The tradition is that Sumitra knew Rama's divinity and the purpose of his incarnation and that this enabled her not only to comfort Kausalya but to see a holy ministration in Lakshmana's sharing Rama's exile.

- Unquote

CV's have thus showed us that Sumitra is able to have a glimpse of Rama as Vishnu avatar.

Thanks for sharing this.
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
A lovely read. πŸ‘
Didn't get the part where Vishwamitra introduced himself...Sita told the meaning of his name...and then she said aapko hi ...ka pehle gyan prapt hua na. What knowledge was she talking about?

When Vishwamitra was talking about the Parakrami, I wondered if he was foretelling Ram's entry into the world outside of Ayodhya.
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chicksoup

A lovely read. πŸ‘

Didn't get the part where Vishwamitra introduced himself...Sita told the meaning of his name...and then she said aapko hi ...ka pehle gyan prapt hua na. What knowledge was she talking about?

When Vishwamitra was talking about the Parakrami, I wondered if he was foretelling Ram's entry into the world outside of Ayodhya.

Gyan of 'Gayatri Mantra' 😊
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@ramya Shiva like husband I told for a woman if she is deciding to get married. If she wants identity post marriage she should choose a man like Shiva. And woman need not need marriage for identity. She can have identity without marriage. Marriage is a choice not a neccesity
Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@ramya Shiva like husband I told for a woman if she is deciding to get married. If she wants identity post marriage she should choose a man like Shiva. And woman need not need marriage for identity. She can have identity without marriage. Marriage is a choice not a neccesity

True Shruti, marriage is a choice, but you are also right in saying that a supportive husband makes it easier for a woman to have her identity, as she has someone who will be her strength.

A husband who is unsupportive of his wife, will add on to her struggle, and make it that much more difficult.

Speaking from my personal experience, a shiva type Jeevan saathi actually added wings to my flight!
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@bold: πŸ‘πŸΌ

Word Count: 1