For they shall bring about ruin and destruction

Wow, the two kingdoms, both had parallel destinies

Blessed with daughters, one bartered her

And the other strengthened her

One took the path of enlightenment

And the other practiced deception

One is blessed with peace and progress

The other faces rife and turmoil

Till now, the destinies of Mithila and Ayodhya seemed to be following parallel paths

And today, they seem to be following very divergent routes

One seems to be elevating to liberalisation

And the other seems to be on a downslide

And the reasons for this are as old as ever and as new- pride, ego, ambition, dishonesty in relationships versus truth, courage, honesty and respect

A beautiful episode, where we saw the gender barrier being broken in Mithila

But the biggest take away for me were the 4 pillar guru Vishwamitra talked about

1. Vachan paalan - keeping your word and fulfilling your promise

2. Swa- dharma - self dharma

3. Raj Dharma - Kings dharma ( our professional dharma )

4. Tyaag - selflessness

What beautiful and valueable lessons of life - for these 4 mantras are eternal - even today, they will enrich our lives

According to guru Vashihstha one of these pillars has broken, I felt all four have been shaken, and are in risk of falling

Aur kya, grusha Kapur's break down scene was touching, as was her deception of Dashratha disgusting

So, I must give aaj ki acting queen ka crown Grusha ko

Sumitra seeing Rama as Vishnu Avtar was also a beautiful scene

Very 9/10 episode, very inspiring!

Edited by Arshics - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
There is striking contrast between Mithila & Ayodhya scenes.
Mithila seems happy & full of life. Ayodhya has some or other worry, which makes atmosphere gloomy at times.
May be its' because King Janak's attitude. He is Raja & Rishi. So has a very different approach compared to Dashrath, who gets carried away in moha.
I like Sumitra's attitude. She is quite balanced & understanding. That's why her prayers were acknowledged, she got Divine darshan.

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: mnx12

There is striking contrast between Mithila & Ayodhya scenes.
Mithila seems happy & full of life. Ayodhya has some or other worry, which makes atmosphere gloomy at times.
May be its' because King Janak's attitude. He is Raja & Rishi. So has a very different approach compared to Dashrath, who gets carried away in moha.
I like Sumitra's attitude. She is quite balanced & understanding. That's why her prayers were acknowledged, she got Divine darshan.

In the end, it's all about the attitude isn't it?

When we talk about karma - it doesn't just mean our actions, it means our actions as driven by our intentions, which are manipulated by our thoughts

So karma is the action that results from our body, mind and soul. That is why we get karmon ka phal - is such a significant statement

King Janaks decision to send Sita to gurukul is his action- the body , driven by his intention- his mind or brain - to inspire others to follow him, is driven by his heart or soul - his love for his praja and his daughter

Raja Dashratha's decision to send shanta way is his action, driven by his intention - to have sons which is manipulated by his heart which wants to maintain his dynastic rule

Both of them will get the fruits of the combined effect of their action, intention and thoughts - and the foundation of thought is our attitude or character!

That's why when karma is translated as our actions, it's a very one dimensional outlook
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Arshics: Nicely pointed the divergence in the two kingdom. One thing its guru vashisth and not vishwamitra. Now I know why vishwamitra took only Ram and lakshman with him and not bharath. CVs created the space for the reasoning. Yet to wait to judge about it.
Coming back to episode, sumitra's view of Ram in vishnu form from sivalingam was a beauty.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@Arshics: Nicely pointed the divergence in the two kingdom. One thing its guru vashisth and not vishwamitra. Now I know why vishwamitra took only Ram and lakshman with him and not bharath. CVs created the space for the reasoning. Yet to wait to judge about it.

Coming back to episode, sumitra's view of Ram in vishnu form from sivalingam was a beauty.

Sorry my bad, corrected the name of guru Vashihstha
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Arshics very good post. You are back to writing those poetic lines. And yes yesterday's epi demanded one. You have covered more or less all points. I will just put my points on the 4 pillars
And I agree to you. Guru Vashist clearly explained the 4 pillars of Raghukul to Ram and told one pillar is broken.
Yes when 1 pillar brokes, other 3 becomes unsteady. And to make them steady once again someone has to take the pain. To put it back once again. Because what we dont realize is that each of our actions sends out a serious of reaction. Some positive, some negative. As a person we will not be able to know what kind of reactions has happened for our actions. That's why BG says do action in the direction set by God. Understand the direction he is setting for you. Because when we think about result we miss the direction that God has set. Because our view is unidimensional when we look at the result. But God is giving direction understanding the complex web of reactions, the result of which may not be immediately seen, but time will prove to you, you have walked in the right direction.

Yesterday we saw 2 very important actions. One by Kaikeyi with a definite purpose. She has put on a mask and she is waiting for the time to get back at Dasrath. She thinks her plan is definite. She will have the final laugh. She will be the victor. The destructive force in full form whose eye is on the result and doing the actions expecting them to deliver the result.

On the other hand we saw another woman Sumitra. Who also knew everything that has happened. And she took the step which is in her control to avoid damage. But her mind is at unrest. She dont know whether she has done adequate. She stands as the protective force of Raghuvansh. She also holds a mask as she is also not telling anyone what she knows. But she is seeking assurance that her family will be protected. Her step is in the right direction. And I would say Sumitra getting the divine darshan is the proof that she is in the right direction. Lord Vishnu or Ram needs her as a means to ensure the protection of dharma. That scene was a beauty, showing how blessed Sumitra is. How much love and karuna is inside her for God to give her such a darshan and assure her safety of her family.
Sumitra did action without thinking about result. And giving darshan to her God blessed her action telling her she has done it in the right direction.

And that is how Raghukul is gonna be balanced or saved from the wrath of destruction. She is the guiding voice and most probably Sita and Urmila will join her.
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Arshi You desccribed the episode so nicely.
Wonderful!!!!

The 4 pillars which he talked about the Mithila scenes everything was just perfect.

As you said "An inspiring episode" it is.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: NEIRAlover

Arshi You desccribed the episode so nicely.

Wonderful!!!!

The 4 pillars which he talked about the Mithila scenes everything was just perfect.

As you said "An inspiring episode" it is.

I love the lesson integrated into the show. It's really well written
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice thred, winds of change are flowing and the story is about to go beyond the palaces.there is danger lurking, terror is spreding, and something wicked this way comes.
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Fabulous post dear...

Raja janak's attitude towards his people and his attitude towards his daughters learning and all these leads to prosper kingdom...
While dasrath love for rama is leading his kingdom towards danger...it's his attitude that's leading his kingdom towards gloomy...