Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
That was a really intense Ayodhya scene
Between Dashratha and kekeyi

Today's episode in Mithila laid the foundation for the swayamvar

And why the lifting of dhanush has to become a pre-condition

It also talked about marriage being eternal - Janam Janam ka saath

And before we could breathe,

Ironically, we saw the breakdown of what was hitherto considered a perfectly romantic marriage

Yes, kekeyi and Dashratha

The many reasons that I could think of for this fight were

1. Dashratha's immense love for Rama

2. His own arrogance, which he doesn't like being challenged

3. His lack of realisation that childbirth is primarily a mothers contribution

5. His supreme ego, which hurt the heart and mind of someone as strong wilted as kekeyi

Just as Dashratha conveniently reinterpreted his promise, kekeyi was no less of an egoist

She matched him, taunt for taunt, accusation for accusation and insult for insult

See how quickly maryada flies out of the window, and how easily raghuvanshi reet is misinterpreted

Just to prove a point

Sadly, in their effort to win the battle, they both are ready to lose the war!

Dashratha couldn't see how flawed his argument was, and how devastated kekeyi was by it

A very dramatic episode
Edited by Arshics - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great going, CVs! Keep butchering Dashrath's character more and more. πŸ‘πŸ€¬
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Great going, CVs! Keep butchering Dashrath's character more and more. πŸ‘πŸ€¬

You know when I was growing up, as a child, I was pretty much like Sita in my questioning of everything .

I was also less respectful and mindful of maryada, so got shushshed up a lot!

All these questions that kekeyi asked him, all the anger that Kaushalya carried against him - were all mine too, to be honest I did not like the fact that he had 3 wives, as I was born in a monogamous society, I did not like his putreshti yagya, as I was battling gender bias myself.

So I too did not find Dashratha very positive. Anyway In Ramayana, Rama is the revered one, the one who we worship and admire, Dashratha was never above blame in Rama's vanvas, even if we try to make kekeyi and Manthara the real villains of the piece.

What Dashratha did, when he was ruling, or when the story was written, was probably the justified course of action then, today, there is no way we can view these actions positively or indulgently

Please understand, in this day and age, anyone who thinks and acts like Dashratha will be condemned, so if the epic is seen through the eyes of a woman of today, these questions, these accusations are very justified.

We have long looked at Ramayana from a Bhakti bhava, we have never dared to question the actions of characters and never tried to put their motives on trial

This version of Ramayana dares to do so, and bravo! It does not put the characters on a pedestal of divine faith, it dares to say that Dashratha was wrong, Rishi Gautam was wrong, I hope it will even dare to say that Rama was wrong!!! For in my eyes, Rama was wrong, and no amount to devotion and faith has been able to take that out of my conscious and subconscious!

varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Loved today's episode. What great performances from both Dalip S and Grusha K. They were outstanding. Kaikeyi's questions to Dashrat were spot on.
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshics

You know when I was growing up, as a child, I was pretty much like Sita in my questioning of everything .

All these questions that kekeyi asked him, all the anger that Kaushalya carried against him - were all mine too, to be honest I did not like the fact that he had 3 wives, as I was born in a monogamous society, I did not like his putreshti yagya, as I was battling gender bias myself.

So I too did not find Dashratha very positive. Anyway In Ramayana, Rama is the revered one, the one who we worship and admire, Dashratha was never above blame in Rama's vanvas, even if we try to make kekeyi and Manthara the real villains of the piece.

What Dashratha did, when he was ruling, or when the story was written, was probably the justified course of action then, today, there is no way we can view these actions positively or indulgently

Please understand, in this day and age, anyone who thinks and acts like Dashratha will be condemned, so if the epic is seen through the eyes of a woman of today, these questions, these accusations are very justified.

We have long looked at Ramayana from a Bhakti bhava, we have never dared to question the actions of characters and never tried to put their motives on trial

This version of Ramayana dares to do so, and bravo! It does not put the characters on a pedestal of divine faith, it dares to say that Dashratha was wrong, Rishi Gautam was wrong, I hope it will even dare to say that Rama was wrong!!! For in my eyes, Rama was wrong, and no amount to devotion and faith has been able to take that out of my conscious and subconscious!

Wonderful post.

@bold..I absolutely agree with you. Ever since the show was announced, the makers have been very clear with their concept . It is going to look at the journey of Ram and Sita...the journey from humans to God..with the emphasis on the human part and this was going to be done from Sita's perspective. They are also placing a lot of emphasis on the warrior part of Ram...this is a calculated risk taken by them and I for one appreciate them for trying something new .
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: varshu27

Wonderful post.

@bold..I absolutely agree with you. Ever since the show was announced, the makers have been very clear with their concept . It is going to look at the journey of Ram and Sita...the journey from humans to God..with the emphasis on the human part and this was going to be done from Sita's perspective. They are also placing a lot of emphasis on the warrior part of Ram...this is a calculated risk taken by them and I for one appreciate them for trying something new .

They are also taking a very rational and questioning approach, which is highly risky I agree with you!

But very brave too
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Beautifully said !

The episode raised these very relevant and strong questions., by Kaikeyi, even at the expense of questioning Dasharatha's actions.

At the moment, all I can say is, I'am amazed at the guts and risks the CV's are willing to take...to directly question actions of a character like Dasharatha.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Arshics I have written a detailed post on marriage, its foundation based on yesterday's episode. Do read and commenthttps://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4530244Now coming to your post. Like you what I am liking about this version is it is questioning, just like MB did. From the bhakti bhav, it is bought to the realm of reality. The purpose for which these epics were written. To understand the characters, to learn from their mistakes and not to commit them for a better today and better future. It is the great learning from past, treasure house of knowledge, the knowledge which didn't come out for centuries. The book was not opened. It was kept closed in a pedestal and worshipped. Whereas these books were supposed to be opened, discussed and then to used to take good actions for a better society.
One of the key things we need to see is the fact that men interpret the rules to suit them, while a woman is expected to adhere to the rule that is like a line drawn on a stone. I wouldn't blame Kaikeyi she asked the right question. Dasrath had 2 more wives. Why he couldn't get sons from them. So who should be blamed. Fertility then or now is a woman's only responsibility. Yaa some person in Kerala made an atrocious comment women can only deliver babies and the control of the world is in a man's hand. And yes delivering babies is not a big thing you know. What did you do. Carrying the child 9 months in the womb, suffering nausea, backpain, bloated body, legs and above all the pain during child birth. It amounts to nothing. And what if she refuses to undergo that pain. Simply not interested to take that pain. Men don't realize woman has a choice. Choice to marry, choice to be a mother. The problem with our society is that they have brainwashed women to such an extend that marriage and motherhood is not a choice but a necessity for them. All this divinity, worship has chained women for years.
I am not telling you should not marry, you should not be a mother. You need to. Being a wife, loved by someone is a great feeling, being a mother I cant even explain how it feels. But then it has to be with the right person. It has to be the choice. And not some decision some one else takes for me. And women is not a property to kept a deal on. Let whatever be that reason. Kausalya held her tears close to heart. But Kaikeyi she exploded. And yes when a woman explodes no man can stand it. It has never happened. Because the love she has is the most constructive force, her anger is an equally vehement destructive force.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: varshu27

]

Wonderful post.

And one more thing too Varshu
The makers or SP's way of promoting is different
Promos are to raise curiosity and make u tuned in
And also many things that seem illogical in the beginning are
justified or explained later

Like today when Parasuram removed the string from the bow
When baby Sita lifted it
It was called blooper when it first aired
No, it was done intentionally
And also many were angry that Sita will go to war
But she didn't, infact she didn't even wanted to fight in first place
Wait and watch is the main mantra here
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

πŸ‘This is what I have been saying from day 1.
this is why I like this show
And I want it to be the same till the endπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago