Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Arshics yesterday epi bought out an important aspect. Kaikeyi was calmed down by Ram. She was able to rise above the havoc wrecked by Manthara. She told Manthara not to wreak her marital life and the happiness of her post marital family.

In this age of divorces which are far too common we have to look this aspect from a different POV. I agree many women are mistreated in marriage, put to unspeakable torture and financial independence, provisions like anti domestic violence act, anti dowry act and divorce are helping many a women to find self reliance and self respect.
But there is an other side to this aspect. The unnecessary interference of the girl's parents in their daughter's life ending many a girl's marriage life prematurely. By the time they realize what they have destroyed it is far too late in the game.
In Kaikeyi's case also that is happening. Unnecessary interference from her marital side. If we look the 3 queens of Dasrath are treated well. Dasrath respects all the 3 ladies. All of them have the same freedom, same facilities given to them. And their 4 children are also treated equal. The brothers love each other very much, have grown up together. If you see all of them respect and love Ram as their elder brother. And Ram loves his 3 brothers equally. So if you see Kaikeyi has a happy marital home. Her pot is full. Even if Ram becomes king it is not that Kausalya who will get special treatment. He will give all his 3 mothers Rajmata status or behave like that only. This is known from each of his actions. He cares.
So in such a blissful marital life Manthara spews venom. Her family talks about the past vachan. And this vachan is going to yield what. The venom that is going to brew inside her. The venom which she extracts using the 2 boons what is she getting. Widowhood. Most hated woman of Ayodhya. Hated even by her son. A broken family. Broken relations and trust. A fall from grace. And she cannot do anything about it.
Her brother and Manthara in their so called love for her by constantly rigging up the past ends up destroying Kaikeyi's future. If they had observed the present, instead of harping on past, Kaikeyi's future as well as Ayodhya's future would have been bright.
So parents have to think before meddling into the family affairs of their daughter. Look at how she is living. If she is loved, respected in her husband's family leave things at that. Don't rake up small small issues and create rifts. It will be your daughter who will pay the price

Shruthi, once again you have found beautiful interpretations in the episode

Well, while I agree with most of your points, I disagree some.

I don't think it's about girls family or boy's family - we know of many cases where the marriages break due to undue interference form the boy's family

It's about good advice vs bad advice, and today we need to be able to step back, reflect and differentiate between the two

preserving the family is the responsibility of everyone in the family, and we all have to work towards it

Pardarshita, aur sahishnuta are two qualities that must be followed to preserve the closeness and harmony in a family
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: mmurdeshwar

In all the 3 Ramayans till Now, Zee Tv Ramayan, Ramananad Sagar Ramayan & Anand Sagar Ramayan on NDTV IMAGINE, They have never shown Bharata Feeling sad or insecure or jealous of Rama.

Bharata has been shown very great person and wise brother who always feels that his own position is of Rama's Sevak and He feels that his place is near Rama Bhaiyya's Feet. He feels proud of his bade bhaiyya when anybody Praises Rama.

He keeps Rama's Padukas as a representative Of King Rama on the throne till Rama comes from from 14 yrs exile but himself doesnt become the king.

Here they should not show Bharat Being sad or feeling jealous of Rama Bhaiyya when Rama is praised.

While that's true that Bharat has not been shown insecure, I feel that he is still not jealous of Rama

He is just distraught that his mother is so disappointed in him

His talent is more artistic than physical- well whether this true or not, it's true that Rama was sarvashreshtha among the brothers, and kekeyi was proud and ambitious

The combination of these two facts has led the writers to interpret it in a different way!

That's fine, it's creative license

I have noticed that Bharat always feels happy when he sees Rama being praised, except in case of kekeyi when she does it to point out that Bharat is inferior to Rama, and that feeling in Bharat is normal.

siyakeraghav thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Arshics yesterday epi bought out an important aspect. Kaikeyi was calmed down by Ram. She was able to rise above the havoc wrecked by Manthara. She told Manthara not to wreak her marital life and the happiness of her post marital family.

In this age of divorces which are far too common we have to look this aspect from a different POV. I agree many women are mistreated in marriage, put to unspeakable torture and financial independence, provisions like anti domestic violence act, anti dowry act and divorce are helping many a women to find self reliance and self respect.
But there is an other side to this aspect. The unnecessary interference of the girl's parents in their daughter's life ending many a girl's marriage life prematurely. By the time they realize what they have destroyed it is far too late in the game.
In Kaikeyi's case also that is happening. Unnecessary interference from her marital side. If we look the 3 queens of Dasrath are treated well. Dasrath respects all the 3 ladies. All of them have the same freedom, same facilities given to them. And their 4 children are also treated equal. The brothers love each other very much, have grown up together. If you see all of them respect and love Ram as their elder brother. And Ram loves his 3 brothers equally. So if you see Kaikeyi has a happy marital home. Her pot is full. Even if Ram becomes king it is not that Kausalya who will get special treatment. He will give all his 3 mothers Rajmata status or behave like that only. This is known from each of his actions. He cares.
So in such a blissful marital life Manthara spews venom. Her family talks about the past vachan. And this vachan is going to yield what. The venom that is going to brew inside her. The venom which she extracts using the 2 boons what is she getting. Widowhood. Most hated woman of Ayodhya. Hated even by her son. A broken family. Broken relations and trust. A fall from grace. And she cannot do anything about it.
Her brother and Manthara in their so called love for her by constantly rigging up the past ends up destroying Kaikeyi's future. If they had observed the present, instead of harping on past, Kaikeyi's future as well as Ayodhya's future would have been bright.
So parents have to think before meddling into the family affairs of their daughter. Look at how she is living. If she is loved, respected in her husband's family leave things at that. Don't rake up small small issues and create rifts. It will be your daughter who will pay the price

I very much agree with your view regarding girl's parents' interference creating more trouble for the girl than when she handles her affairs in her in-laws house in her own way especially if the parents are more well off than the husband's family.
siyakeraghav thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
According to Adhyatma ramayan when Ram returns to ayodhya , Bharat returns the reins of the empire back to Ram and says the treasury is several times richer and the country is now in a very strong position. It shows bharat who despite living like an ascetic while Ram was in forest handled the duties of a proxy king splendidly.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Arshics I highlighted the mistreatment from boy's family side which the law protect the woman from. If she is mistreated by her husband's family there is law to protect her, there is social sympathy on her side. She becomes a victim.
But when her own family destroys her life who she will put the blame on. There is no law to protect her, there is no social sympathy and there is no one to point fingers.

And yes same is the case with the boy. When his family destroys his life where he will turn into. In a nutshell post marriage families have to step back a little to give couple the space and the couple also has to learn to evolve the boundary where they will not allow any 3rd person to enter. It is a very hard task which requires time, mutual trust and respect.

Yaa I agree to your point good advice vs bad advice. That is what I said couple has to evolve to draw boundaries to take good and reject bad.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: rukvij

According to Adhyatma ramayan when Ram returns to ayodhya , Bharat returns the reins of the empire back to Ram and says the treasury is several times richer and the country is now in a very strong position. It shows bharat who despite living like an ascetic while Ram was in forest handled the duties of a proxy king splendidly.

See, the only skill that Bharat is shown to be less in is the fighting skills

What we are being sensitised to is the fact that it does not make him any less of an administrator and ruler.

So even though he enjoys painting more than fighting, he can still successfully lead an army and rule a country.

I am guessing this is one more issue that Rama will resolve by helping everyone to appreciate Bharats qualities as an individual and not just focus on his one weakness
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshics

See, the only skill that Bharat is shown to be less in is the fighting skills

What we are being sensitised to is the fact that it does not make him any less of an administrator and ruler.

So even though he enjoys painting more than fighting, he can still successfully lead an army and rule a country.

I am guessing this is one more issue that Rama will resolve by helping everyone to appreciate Bharats qualities as an individual and not just focus on his one weakness

A much required message for today's world , where partiality towards 'few' professional streams is considered the be all and end all.

Though I agree , the mindset is slowly changing, I feel, still there is a lot to change.
Edited by adi2512 - 8 years ago