Thanks Mano πŸ€—
I came running here to watchπŸ˜†
what could I say am speechless ☺️
Ashu will kill me for sure 🀒 πŸ˜†
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

My question is this. Since this show claims to follow "many" versions of Ramayan, in which version do Ram and Sita meet in this utterly filmy manner? 😲😲 I am really curious about the supposed authenticity of this scene, since the CVs claim they did "great research" into various versions of the epic. In which version of the epic does a rakshas attack Sita in Mithila itself, and Ram rescues her? And if this scene is creative license (which I know it is), then how can the CVs play with such an important and divine moment as Ram-Sita's first meeting? Sita was no damsel in distress, and Ram was no stunt guru. In fact, there was no need for him to ride a horse in Mithila. He came with Guru Vishvamitra to see the yagna Janak was performing for Sita's swayamvar.

Not saying the scene isn't romantic, but it's too filmy for my taste and moreover, I don't like the way Ram and Sita are being handled by the CVs, as if they're a typical Star Plus jodi. πŸ€” There is nothing Godly about them. There is no aura of divinity in them, and there is nothing divine about their first meeting. It's totally geared for the younger generation who like to see nothing but romance onscreen.

Agree. After watching the promo I don't know if I should laugh, cry or get angry. It's appalling to see an epic being distorted this way. Though I have no clue about Ramayan I know for sure this is not the way they met. And, the way Ram jumped from the horse in the last scene was quite hilarious. This is not Sita ki drishti but Siya Ke Ram SP ke drishti se 🀣🀣
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Agree. After watching the promo I don't know if I should laugh, cry or get angry. It's appalling to see an epic being distorted this way. Though I have no clue about Ramayan I know for sure this is not the way they met. And, the way Ram jumped from the horse in the last scene was quite hilarious. This is not Sita ki drishti but Siya Ke Ram SP ke drishti se 🀣🀣

SP ke drishti se indeed! πŸ₯±

Well, in Valmiki Ramayan, Sita gets a small glimpse of Ram from the balcony of the royal palace while they're entering the city, and they meet for the first time after Ram breaks the Shiv Dhanush. In Valmiki, there is no swayamvar, just a grand yagna in which the Shiv Dhanush is venerated.

In Ramcharitmanas, Ram and Sita meet in the pushp vatika of Mithila. Ram and Lakshman are sent by Vishvamitra to get flowers for veneration, and likewise Sita is performing Gauri Puja nearby. Sita's friend sees the two princes and calls Sita to catch a glimpse of them. There, Sita and Ram see each other and recognize that they're Lakshmi Narayan, eternal soulmates. Afterwards, Sita implores Gauri Mata to inspire Ram to lift the Shiv Dhanush.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Caps updated in frontpageπŸ˜ƒ
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aashna_30

Girls stay away from such fans who are trying very hard from day one that only their favourite actor done original Ramayan which was showed on a lesser known channel which (channel) was shut off just becoz of lower ratings...I am noticing this thing from day one,they really want to prove something..
So let them get their peace

See, for some people their favorite adaptations of Ramayan are based on which actor does it, or which channel it airs on, but for most viewers, they like whatever Ramayan sticks as close to the epic as possible, regardless of who plays the role and which channel it airs on. It's not important how hunky an actor looks, or how grand the sets are, or even how popular a channel is. A true adaptation is one which does most justice to the epic and sticks true to the divinity of the characters.

Just because you and many people are watching this show for Ashish, doesn't mean everyone watches mythological shows for actors. There are actually people who watch it to see how well it portrays the epic onscreen.

I like an actor as Ram and Sita after watching how well they do the role, and how well the show sticks close to the epic. I don't watch a mythological show just for the actors. For me, and probably many people, the epic is far more important than any actor, channel or sets.
Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
gorgeous caps ❀️
Thushi thumbnail
partu did u read all the 300 versions 🀣🀣
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Thushi

Oh! should IπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And after all we don't watch it for Mytho u seeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Patru did u listen to that BG when Ram enters
I mean the Ram..Ram...one
It gave me goosebumps

Thushi thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Oh! should IπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And after all we don't watch it for Mytho u seeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Patru did u listen to that BG when Ram enters
I mean the Ram..Ram...one
It gave me goosebumps

oh well if u want .. i would luv to get all the versions πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

oh yeah we watch it only for actors thats why u watched recently a show where ur fav wasnt there that too just befor skr started 🀣🀣

ahhh han partu i m in repeat mode u now even in office ❀️ i cant wait to hear again the bg in epi ❀️
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thushi

No offense meant, but comments like this is nothing more than justification of what they're showing, because if you always claim that no one has read "all 300 versions", then people can literally make up anything and challenge others to prove them wrong. No matter how many versions are out there, Valmiki's Ramayan will always be the baseline for the epic because Sage Valmiki was Lord Ram's contemporary and ought to know his story more than any other contemporary author. As for Ramcharitmanas, devotees believe Tulsidas was told the story by Lord Hanuman himself so his Ramayan too can be taken as baseline.

Likewise, there are some editions, such as Kamban Ramayan, Adhyatma Ramayan, Ananda Ramayan, etc that are written by learned and scholarly sages and saints that can also be taken as baseline, because they are not totally contemporary authors, but don't tell me to take a contemporary edition of Ramayan as baseline for the epic. πŸ₯± Out of the supposed 300 versions, only a handful of them were written by learned saints and sages who truly researched into the epic and wrote without any preconceived notions. Most others wrote their own interpretations.

If filmy romantic stories are what viewers want, I can give Star Plus a bunch of ideas to incorporate into this show, and no one would know otherwise, because of course, no one has read all 300 versions right? So no one can prove that what this show is showing is wrong. πŸ€”