Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
My question is this. Since this show claims to follow "many" versions of Ramayan, in which version do Ram and Sita meet in this utterly filmy manner? 😲😲 I am really curious about the supposed authenticity of this scene, since the CVs claim they did "great research" into various versions of the epic. In which version of the epic does a rakshas attack Sita in Mithila itself, and Ram rescues her? And if this scene is creative license (which I know it is), then how can the CVs play with such an important and divine moment as Ram-Sita's first meeting? Sita was no damsel in distress, and Ram was no stunt guru. In fact, there was no need for him to ride a horse in Mithila. He came with Guru Vishvamitra to see the yagna Janak was performing for Sita's swayamvar.

Not saying the scene isn't romantic, but it's too filmy for my taste and moreover, I don't like the way Ram and Sita are being handled by the CVs, as if they're a typical Star Plus jodi. 🤔 There is nothing Godly about them. There is no aura of divinity in them, and there is nothing divine about their first meeting. It's totally geared for the younger generation who like to see nothing but romance onscreen.
DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
okay.. first of all I need to take breath.. because I have never expected to watch something like this... after reading all the books on Ramayana.. I found this promo to be hilarious rather than romantic or magical..
a typical and so called romantic first meeting of lead pair..where guy rescues the girl from some danger..
seems like CVs just picked some characters from mythological stories and wrote their own script..
and I agree with Janaki Di.. there was no need for him to make a heroic entry on horse..that too on a white one.. 😆

Ram ji came to Mithila by chance.. because Vishwamitra said him so.. and also Ram-Sita first meeting was accidental.. and not some rescue mission..
it is very much disappointing that for sake of TRP and what viewers want to see CVs distort epic stories.. if they want to show some romantic theme show.. fine.. pick some random fictional character..
but they should not play with mythological ones..

Ram ji is popular for his softness and kindness.. and not as a stunt man.. that flying in air and grabbing that spear or what... this is stupid..
I wonder if they are following a lil bit of Ramayana story then Lakshman must be following Ram ji on another horse..
Edited by itsokaysammy - 8 years ago
702755 thumbnail
So excited , I hope their first meeting will be a divine one like they showed with Lord Shiva and Devi Sati. Their first meeting showered divinity in hearts of devotees, I want same with Lord Rama and Sita ji. The promo is so good if you have no divine emotions for lord rama. 😡 Loving the show though. 😳😆
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
702755 thumbnail

Originally posted by: itsokaysammy

okay.. first of all I need to take breath.. because I have never expected to watch something like this... after reading all the books on Ramayana.. I found this promo to be hilarious rather than romantic or magical..

a typical and so called romantic first meeting of lead pair..where guy rescues the girl from some danger..
seems like CVs just picked some characters from mythological stories and wrote their own script..
and I agree with Janaki Di.. there was no need for him to make a heroic entry on horse..that too on a white one.. 😆

Ram ji came to Mithila by chance.. because Vishwamitra said him so.. and also Ram-Sita first meeting was accidental.. and not some rescue mission..
it is very much disappointing that for sake of TRP and what viewers want to see CVs distort epic stories.. if they want to show some romantic theme show.. fine.. pick some random fictional character..
but they should not play with mythological ones..

Ram ji is popular for his softness and kindness.. and not as a stunt man.. that flying in air and grabbing that spear or what... this is stupid..
I wonder if they are following a lil bit of Ramayana story then Lakshman must be following Ram ji on another horse..

Next they will show revelation of a big Raaz which will be Sita being daughter of Ravana. Some texts say this and boom a big masala for cvs.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
**Friends if u want to comment on the Promo
As it is shown
Ur most welcome
but if ur talking about the story distortions
There is a separate thread dedicated for it
Don't make this a story discussion thread

And also I have posted writer's mail ID few days before
where he is ready to reply everyone
I think he would be able to give better answers
And he is the one who can fix it too if it's wrong
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail

Originally posted by: Roxelana

Next they will show revelation of a big Raaz which will be Sita being daughter of Ravana. Some texts say this and boom a big masala for cvs.

guess, they are not following Ramayana but fictional books from Amish..
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Why not? They can have him rescue Urmila, and BAM! We have two couples falling in love at the same time. 🤣
DamRyeong thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Why not? They can have him rescue Urmila, and BAM! We have two couples falling in love at the same time. 🤣

Di, thank you for sharing the link to the video.. this is the funniest scene I have ever watched.. I seriously can't stop laughing..
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

guess, they are not following Ramayana but fictional books from Amish..

What more can we expect from a show that is taking Anand Neelkanthan as a consultant? He is famous for his books Asura (which shows Ravan as a victim than villain) and Ajaya (which shows Duryodhan in positive light and Pandavas in negative). He is famous for twisting mythological stories and showing Godly characters in a negative light, so it's not at all surprising that CVs are playing with these characters too.

It's kind of disappointing really. Nikhil Sinha did such a good job with Devon ke dev Mahadev (at least initially), especially with the whole divine aspect and relationship between Shiv-Sati and Shiv-Parvathi. I don't get why he's handling Ram-Sita in such a shabby manner.

Now don't say I'm comparing shows. I'm not. I'm just commenting on the previous work of the director of this show. I expected a lot more from this show than typical filmy romance and OTT stunts.