The human and the Superhuman - episode 19

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Last night's episode very clearly differentiated between the human and superhuman and reinstated the divinity of Rama and Sita
Sita's conversation with shatanand showed the disconsolate son, being given hope by Sita. Though a child, she is one who reaches out to anyone in trouble.

She was also once again reminded of her shakti in being able to lift the dhanush and of her role as the protector.

Sita's birth itself led to a plentiful monsoon and prosperity of Mithila, and since then she has been aware of her destiny to be the saviour of all.

Even in Ayodhya, parallely the same was visible - the mortal letting their emotions get the better of them, even the rebel Jabali acknowledges that his anger is the easier way out, as opposed to Rama's way of taking everyone along with love and compassion

Kekeyi, letting her insecurities get the better of her, and resenting the closeness of Dashratha and Kaushalya, Kaushalya revelling in the attention of Dashratha though she was aware she was stealing time from kekeyi and Dashratha totally immersed in reconnecting with shanta and Kaushalya, sparing no thought to kekeyi

How consumed we get with our own feelings and emotions and how everyone else ceases to matter at that time, and how rare are people like Rama who have the power to look into our hearts and souls and comfort us with their very presence.

Next we seem to be heading towards Bharat's "unprincly" passion for art!

We also saw the family background of kekeyi - the ambitious, ruthless kind, who revel in physical superiority over sensitivity!

All in all a good episode!

Mantra of the day was of course, - open communication is the key to successful relationships!

So true... I am also loving the pure Hindi being used, words once learned in school, that were lying dusty and unused in one corner of my mind, forgotten are being revived- such a pleasure to hear them being used!

Words like anukampa, pardarshita etc etc!

Edited by Arshics - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Arshics yesterday it clearly showed Sita was born to protect Dharma. She is the medium through which Dharma will be established. Problems will be showed. Just like prosperity came to Mithila with her birth, wherever she goes, protection of dharma will happen there.
And I guess the symbolism of lifting Shiv dhanush for her swayamvar shows that, she is the protector of dharma and one who is gonna marry her, should be able to protect her. In other words should have equally good qualities like her.
She came to a house where Lord Shiva gifted the divine bow. And she will go to the house where the capability exists to protect dharma as symbolized by lifting of the divine bow.
Jabali says anger is easy way out, and Ram's way of compassion is a tough path. Yes it may be. But if Ram is able to lift the Shiv Dhanush it just because of his compassion. It is said that Sita prays to Mata Gowri to help him lift the Dhanush. And it is said that Goddess Parvati hears her prayers and tells Shiva to oblige and help Ram. And I hope they show it the right way. Every other person approaches the dhanush as a challenge, to be won. Something to prove their might.
But Ram bows before it, pays his respects, asks blessings of Shiva even before touching it. He doesn't treat it as a challenge to win the hand of the beautiful maiden, but as a means to prove himself worthy of the beautiful maiden. I am waiting for this scene. If there is any other scene in the world that can match the beauty of the scene where Ram lifts the Dhanush , breaking it and from the gallery Sita looks like a peacock that has just seen the rain, that is in Sundara Kanda of Ramayan where Sita gives her hair ornament to Hanuman. I hope the CVs, ashish and Madirakshi do justice to this scene.
Another thing is Kaikeyi has come from a family of ambitious warriors. So her nature is inline with her family tradition. Ambition at the heart. She loves Ram. There is no denying the fact. Still she feels solace in his presence. But then somewhere her selfishness overtakes her motherly love.
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful take of the episode.
Can't add much to it.

The episode signifies communication gap just lead to misunderstandings.
So a whole - hearted communication will solve the problems and will strengthen the bond between them.

Liked the episode.
And not to forget the precap. Very interesting!!!!
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
yes communication matters
less communication more problems
I some how liked the person who played Kaikeyi's father
Don't know it's due to his looks or acting
He was understanding of Dashrat's fear too
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The episode yesterday underlined how Karunamoorthi Ram and Sita are. Sita was able to give hope and happiness to an unhappy son while Ram not only fixed his parents troubles but was able to bring some mental peace to the emotional Kaikeyi. He could have continued sleeping but he made sure that Kaikeyi got to express her sadness and alleviated her concerns with his thoughtful wisdom👏