Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: mnx12

Ayodhya & Mithila scenes are shown parallel, which adds a satisfactory feel for viewers.
Most important thing is the makers have understood the epic from various povs. The final version shot & edited shows their efforts.
Shanta's story teaches an important lesson. Do not form opinion on fave value. Accept the challange life gives you. It may be for one's bright future.
Shanta accepted the challenge of fulfilling Dashrath's wish to get son, by adopting very unconventional way. She found true happiness in form of a husband, who respects her. She is learning to live a life without attachment & wishes, which are root cause of many problems in life. She changed her life to bring positive change for her father. The satisfaction on her face after meeting her mother & brothers, showed, she wasnt wrong.

True Minu, the fact that shanta lives her life in contentment and acceptance was very nice to see. Life can take us on unexpected paths, and it's up to us how we look at our situation!

Shanta's peaceful life and her persona brought happiness not just to herself, but to her family too.

Too often when we get bitter, it effects not just us, but also those who love us. We can see that exemplified in how Kaushalyas unhappiness cast its shadow on Dashratha and even Rama on his return and how Mantharas negativity is effecting kekeyi negatively!
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Your post puts very powerful thoughts and questions across.. I look forward to reading it everyday even if I am unable to comment. Great going👏

Kousalya finally smiled😃 The actress looks pretty when she is smiling and I loved how her dynamics with her husband took a U-Turn when she was finally able to assuage her guilt. Sumitra's small but smiling presence was powerful for me.. Sumitra never took sides, did not have an ounce of greed or malice and stood always to the right. The person playing her character has been selected well and her smile is very beautiful.

Dasharath's wait to hear from Kousalya and his sons was gratifying to see and I am glad he is shown as affected by Shanta's decision as Kousalya is.. just little less emotive. Ram's insight into his parents plight truly brings out the sensitive and just side of him. Kudos to the makers on handliing this plotline👏

It is said that one should listen to those who provide the right guidance and advice beside you. While Kaikeyi had total disregard for Mantara's words until now, the poison is slowly seeping in through slight cracks that are opening up.
It is interesting to see what obsessive love can do.. Dasharath is obsessively in love with his sons especially Ram and Kaikeyi is in love with Dasharath. Both leads to distress in the end.

Liked the story telling part from Janak to the girls😊 Sita gets to hear first hand about the Raghu Vansh and she has a question ready.. Are they still the same? And then she hears of Ram!! Liked the way Janak looked amused seeing the other girls sleep by the time he reached Ajja😆 Sita is eager to hear more and that kinda suits her characterization.

The mithila scenes seem to however have a pattern now. Something happens and Sita gets to throw out a very deep question. It is time to change this and make it more like they are showing in Ayodhya.
While I appreciate the fact that she is questioning, I still find it hard to digest that she is shown doing her questioning in front of a all the courtiers and the defeated king.. 😕 Why is it that the makers have to overdo the sita independence and boldness thing? The question would have had equal impact if we saw Sita questioning her father in private.

We are next week going to go on the problem solvers mode I guess.. Ram gets close to his citizens and Sita gives the way out for Ahalya to RIshi Gautam's son removing their Peeda
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice take Arshics. But did you notice the parallel. One wound closed. Another opened. Kausalya strained relation with king ensured the possessive kaikeyi got kings attention. But now when relation is mending kaikeyi possessive nature will suffer. As you said moti breaking was symbolic. It is not shanta the problem but change of relations dynamics poses the problem
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justlikethat1

Your post puts very powerful thoughts and questions across.. I look forward to reading it everyday even if I am unable to comment. Great going👏

Kousalya finally smiled😃 The actress looks pretty when she is smiling and I loved how her dynamics with her husband took a U-Turn when she was finally able to assuage her guilt. Sumitra's small but smiling presence was powerful for me.. Sumitra never took sides, did not have an ounce of greed or malice and stood always to the right. The person playing her character has been selected well and her smile is very beautiful.

Dasharath's wait to hear from Kousalya and his sons was gratifying to see and I am glad he is shown as affected by Shanta's decision as Kousalya is.. just little less emotive. Ram's insight into his parents plight truly brings out the sensitive and just side of him. Kudos to the makers on handliing this plotline👏

It is said that one should listen to those who provide the right guidance and advice beside you. While Kaikeyi had total disregard for Mantara's words until now, the poison is slowly seeping in through slight cracks that are opening up.
It is interesting to see what obsessive love can do.. Dasharath is obsessively in love with his sons especially Ram and Kaikeyi is in love with Dasharath. Both leads to distress in the end.

Liked the story telling part from Janak to the girls😊 Sita gets to hear first hand about the Raghu Vansh and she has a question ready.. Are they still the same? And then she hears of Ram!! Liked the way Janak looked amused seeing the other girls sleep by the time he reached Ajja😆 Sita is eager to hear more and that kinda suits her characterization.

The mithila scenes seem to however have a pattern now. Something happens and Sita gets to throw out a very deep question. It is time to change this and make it more like they are showing in Ayodhya.
While I appreciate the fact that she is questioning, I still find it hard to digest that she is shown doing her questioning in front of a all the courtiers and the defeated king.. 😕 Why is it that the makers have to overdo the sita independence and boldness thing? The question would have had equal impact if we saw Sita questioning her father in private.

We are next week going to go on the problem solvers mode I guess.. Ram gets close to his citizens and Sita gives the way out for Ahalya to RIshi Gautam's son removing their Peeda

You should write And post, you have been able to bring out so many new aspects!

About the dangers of obsessive love - and how Dashratha's obsessive love for his sons, particularly Rama is going to end up badly.

As for only listening to those who provide the right kind of guidance, this sort of judgement call is very difficult to take, for what seems right advice now may turn out to be the worst one later as happens with Manthara and kekeyi, and what seems to be bad advice today, might turn out to be for really good for you.

Ah yes, the predictive khoda pahad nikla chooha pattern of Mithila - Sita asks a very impactful question, but that's really not elevated to any great heights!

Maybe that's not really meant to be, and the question is the answer itself, and in asking the question Sita makes a powerful statement !!!

Looking forward to more such episodes and more posts from you!
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Nice take Arshics. But did you notice the parallel. One wound closed. Another opened. Kausalya strained relation with king ensured the possessive kaikeyi got kings attention. But now when relation is mending kaikeyi possessive nature will suffer. As you said moti breaking was symbolic. It is not shanta the problem but change of relations dynamics poses the problem

Very well said, Shruthi, the poora khel is of changing dynamics of relationships, incidents are merely bahanas for things to happen. It's not shanta's reinstatement, it's kekeyis ego that is the reason for the whole problem - as long as her ego was happy, she was happy, now that her ego is damaged, she will show different colours.