Take Five - 4th Dec, 2015

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi Guys,
Sorry for missing Take Five yesterday. Had lot of work at home and could not find time at all.

Although I will updating Top Five only for today's episode, if you want to discuss yesterday's episode, you please feel free.😊

1) Insecurity: We all face this at least once in our life. It is a very human emotion. We all saw insecurity of a third wife today.

Through the ages, women have been dependent of menfolk for even the basic necessities of life, food, water, shelter and so on. There has been a clear demarcation of roles in the society. Even now when we are the cusp of change, there are many women who are depending on a male, either the father, husband or the son for the daily life. There could be several reasons for this structure. I will not debate on if this is right or wrong, today.

When you depend on someone for everything, you are afraid of losing that lifeline. You try to hold on to it, try to control it. This is the main reason for the tussle between the mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law. Over a period of time, this is not true anymore. But all these tussles stem from insecurity.

This is when there is only one wife. Now, can you imagine a situation where you are not the only wife to your husband? That constant fear of losing your husband to some other woman, of falling out of favor, of being neglected. This is the matter of survival, of feeling wanted and loved, of feeling that you matter.

Slowly this insecurity would lead to control that person, control that situation. When you are unable to bend the circumstance to your will, you will feel that envy. You will feel rage. And then you will do something which you may regret later.

The seeds were sown today.

2) A glimpse of sadness behind the laughter: We all try to keep your sorrow from your loved ones, especially your parents. There was something lurking behind the eyes of a daughter who bid farewell to her mother and brothers, a sadness which she tried to hide from them. I could be wrong, I hope that I am wrong, I want it to be wrong. It is really high time that the girl find some peace.

3) Curious mind: Children are innocent and their innocence sometimes offers them wisdom, to see something and question it. A daughter today asked a very valid question to her father, her teacher. He said the land cannot be controlled, cannot be under anyone's thumb. They why do kings really fight for something which not theirs?

4) A husband awaits: He sent a mother to meet their daughter, but it is the husband who waits for his wife. Yes, he wants to know everything about their daughter, but he also wants to meet his wife, whom he has met for more than 18 years. Yes, they used to see each other before, but she was always a mother. She could not be his wife.
5) Tales of a clan: A father lovingly tells stories of the people past, of glory, of guts, of words, of honor to his daughters. Stories often have lessons in them. When you hear a story of a hero/heroine vanquishing a great evil, you want to be that person. When you hear a story of an act of kindness, compassion which is a reward in itself, you want to emulate that.

Love
Kshithi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Kshithi,
Indeed, missed your take y/day .

Really look forward to you , "trio's" ( You, Arshi & Shruthi ) thoughts on the episode , once it is over 😳

W/o a doubt, loved today's episode too.

Liked how, Kaikeyi's slow progression to that 'moment' of wanting to have the control is being shown.

Sounds more believable and more natural., instead of turning her into some one who wants that - overnight.

So, even though, the scene was little dramatic., when compared to the subtlety , normally the show exudes., do not have issues., as what Kaikeyi does later is indeed dramatic.

The story session was extremely endearing. Little Sita was all ears and eyes , to hear about Raghukul 😳

The writers , once again did a good job in giving us a brief intro to the clan of Raghuvamsa., by that small little sequence 👏

Edited by adi2512 - 8 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Missed your take 5 yesterday Kshithi.
A husband awaits - so beautifully said, yes and that led to kekeyis moment of jealousy, for she's not used to taking second place in her husbands life

A husband awaits and his wife returns, even Kaushalya the wife returned to Ayodhya today
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Muggle_Diaries

Hi Guys,

Sorry for missing Take Five yesterday. Had lot of work at home and could not find time at all.

Although I will updating Top Five only for today's episode, if you want to discuss yesterday's episode, you please feel free.😊

1) Insecurity: We all face this at least once in our life. It is a very human emotion. We all saw insecurity of a third wife today.

Through the ages, women have been dependent of menfolk for even the basic necessities of life, food, water, shelter and so on. There has been a clear demarcation of roles in the society. Even now when we are the cusp of change, there are many women who are depending on a male, either the father, husband or the son for the daily life. There could be several reasons for this structure. I will not debate on if this is right or wrong, today.

When you depend on someone for everything, you are afraid of losing that lifeline. You try to hold on to it, try to control it. This is the main reason for the tussle between the mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law. Over a period of time, this is not true anymore. But all these tussles stem from insecurity.

This is when there is only one wife. Now, can you imagine a situation where you are not the only wife to your husband? That constant fear of losing your husband to some other woman, of falling out of favor, of being neglected. This is the matter of survival, of feeling wanted and loved, of feeling that you matter.

Slowly this insecurity would lead to control that person, control that situation. When you are unable to bend the circumstance to your will, you will feel that envy. You will feel rage. And then you will do something which you may regret later.

The seeds were sown today.

2) A glimpse of sadness behind the laughter: We all try to keep your sorrow from your loved ones, especially your parents. There was something lurking behind the eyes of a daughter who bid farewell to her mother and brothers, a sadness which she tried to hide from them. I could be wrong, I hope that I am wrong, I want it to be wrong. It is really high time that the girl find some peace.

3) Curious mind: Children are innocent and their innocence sometimes offers them wisdom, to see something and question it. A daughter today asked a very valid question to her father, her teacher. He said the land cannot be controlled, cannot be under anyone's thumb. They why do kings really fight for something which not theirs?

4) A husband awaits: He sent a mother to meet their daughter, but it is the husband who waits for his wife. Yes, he wants to know everything about their daughter, but he also wants to meet his wife, whom he has met for more than 18 years. Yes, they used to see each other before, but she was always a mother. She could not be his wife.
5) Tales of a clan: A father lovingly tells stories of the people past, of glory, of guts, of words, of honor to his daughters. Stories often have lessons in them. When you hear a story of a hero/heroine vanquishing a great evil, you want to be that person. When you hear a story of an act of kindness, compassion which is a reward in itself, you want to emulate that.

Love
Kshithi

Missed your Take 5 yesterday. Awesome post.
We all get insecure at one point of time. But, if we let that increase then we can't let that person go elsewhere.

Even I thought there was something behind Shanta's smile. It looked as if she was hiding something from her mother. I hope it would be the sadness of seeing her mother leave.

Usually we see a wife waiting for her husband but today a husband was waiting for his wife to know about his daughter. I hope this would be the beginning of a reunion between Dashrath and Kaushalya.

Children are innocent and in their innocence they ask questions. Sita's question was very valid. Waiting to see how Janak gives an answer.

Today Sita met Ram through the tale of her Father. His bravery has reached far and wide. And, Sita was quite impressed listening to her Father.
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: adi2512

Kshithi,

Indeed, missed your take y/day .

Really look forward to you , "trio's" ( You, Arshi & Shruthi ) thoughts on the episode , once it is over 😳

W/o a doubt, loved today's episode too.

Liked how, Kaikeyi's slow progression to that 'moment' of wanting to have the control is being shown.

Sounds more believable and more natural., instead of turning her into some one who wants that - overnight.

So, even though, the scene was little dramatic., when compared to the subtlety , normally the show exudes., do not have issues., as what Kaikeyi does later is indeed dramatic.

The story session was extremely endearing. Little Sita was all ears and eyes , to hear about Raghukul 😳

The writers , once again did a good job in giving us a brief intro to the clan of Raghuvamsa., by that small little sequence 👏

Thanks Uma.😊

I too am liking Kaikmeyi's progression. I know that scene was little dramatic, but it did show that she is a very emotional person and when it comes to emotion, she forgets reason. Sudden transition from loving to rage, in a matter of moments does not make any sense. So, these small incidents that they are showing are good.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshics

Missed your take 5 yesterday Kshithi.

A husband awaits - so beautifully said, yes and that led to kekeyis moment of jealousy, for she's not used to taking second place in her husbands life

A husband awaits and his wife returns, even Kaushalya the wife returned to Ayodhya today

Thanks Arshi...😊

I like how they are showing Kaikeyi's transition. It did not happen overnight.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Missed your Take 5 yesterday. Awesome post.
We all get insecure at one point of time. But, if we let that increase then we can't let that person go elsewhere.

Even I thought there was something behind Shanta's smile. It looked as if she was hiding something from her mother. I hope it would be the sadness of seeing her mother leave.

Usually we see a wife waiting for her husband but today a husband was waiting for his wife to know about his daughter. I hope this would be the beginning of a reunion between Dashrath and Kaushalya.

Children are innocent and in their innocence they ask questions. Sita's question was very valid. Waiting to see how Janak gives an answer.

Today Sita met Ram through the tale of her Father. His bravery has reached far and wide. And, Sita was quite impressed listening to her Father.

Wonderful points Fatema.

I am glad that I am not the only one who felt that everything is not well with Shanta.
It could be that her husband may be resentful of her spoiling his tapasya and making him a married man. Or it could be her father-in-law who may be resentful of her.

Love
Kshithi
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Kshiti first thing first. Missed your post yesterday. Now coming to shanta I felt a sadness in her. And the promise she extracted from her brothers to ensure her sacrifice is called adha adhura shows there is a blemish in her balidaan. Then story of raghuvansh. Janak told the vachan of raghuvansi men but he didn't mention the suffering of women there. I still can't accept Raja harishchandra selling his wife and son to prove his vachan. Is proving yourself great not selfishness when you ruthlessly put the people who trusted you to unspeakable suffering. Why are you forcing woman to pay the price of your blunder which you call vachan shistachar. And why should the woman pay the price. We have to think. Harischandra did became great, but why the same greatness not accorded to Chandramati his better half who suffered equally with him. Who obeyed all his decisions. And without her, how would he had become great. Why did Raghuvansh needed a Ram to make sure his better half's name is taken same way along side him. Why did he became Sitaram or janakiram. Her name even before his name. Why did his story stood the test of time, while others withered away.
We have to think, what made him the greatest Raghuvanshi a purush along side who the Prakriti herself decided to walk.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
nice take, little busy today.
if times gets try to post.
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Kshiti first thing first. Missed your post yesterday. Now coming to shanta I felt a sadness in her. And the promise she extracted from her brothers to ensure her sacrifice is called adha adhura shows there is a blemish in her balidaan. Then story of raghuvansh. Janak told the vachan of raghuvansi men but he didn't mention the suffering of women there. I still can't accept Raja harishchandra selling his wife and son to prove his vachan. Is proving yourself great not selfishness when you ruthlessly put the people who trusted you to unspeakable suffering. Why are you forcing woman to pay the price of your blunder which you call vachan shistachar. And why should the woman pay the price. We have to think. Harischandra did became great, but why the same greatness not accorded to Chandramati his better half who suffered equally with him. Who obeyed all his decisions. And without her, how would he had become great. Why did Raghuvansh needed a Ram to make sure his better half's name is taken same way along side him. Why did he became Sitaram or janakiram. Her name even before his name. Why did his story stood the test of time, while others withered away.

We have to think, what made him the greatest Raghuvanshi a purush along side who the Prakriti herself decided to walk.

Thanks Shruthi. 😊

You are right about Harishchandra and others. I too have often felt this way. If a person wants to keep his word at any cost, is he allowed to stake his wife and child for his cause? Are wives and children property of men?

Such instances are many. In Nala-Damayanti story too Nala looses everything in a game. But Damayanti suffers right along side with him. Why? because it is a Man's dharma to play and woman's dharama to follow whatever he says?

Love
Kshithi