Complete lack of emotions

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Whatever happened between Ria and Nikki and the entire situation of distrust lacked emotions. I was just not able to connect to them that I felt so irritated. The situations are forced. The writing is a huge disappointment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maniwood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Finally exams finish!!
Totally agree with you this show is becoming more irritating day by day... I mean they are promoting that a child even though she had done a mistake get easily get away without saying sorry and giving a ready-made gift and humiliate mother
Why is she apologizing I mean ria should she talked so rudely
Could not connect even 1% πŸ˜†
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: maniwood

Finally exams finish!!

Totally agree with you this show is becoming more irritating day by day... I mean they are promoting that a child even though she had done a mistake get easily get away without saying sorry and giving a ready-made gift and humiliate mother
Why is she apologizing I mean ria should she talked so rudely
Could not connect even 1% πŸ˜†

Congos

First...Nikki is getting worried unnecessarily and she definitely doesn't have even a small bit of trust on her daughter. When did Nikki have work because of which she couldn't cook? Nothing makes sense.
It's definitely getting irritating. Suri-Jassi seems far better than Nikki-Ria...

I wish they show Jogi a bit. He seems to be the only entertaining factor.
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yeah I find Nikki-Ria relationshp weird and don't get it. Like going back to Sweety-Ginny, Ginny did follow most of Sweety's rules and she did respect her mother despite being annoyed by her often. And like Ginny's age was young too. So she'd be rebellious, but within limit. So seeing Sweety try to guide her made sense. And Sweety's over-protectiveness was established through her personality -- she grew up very conservative and bossy and wanted to emulate that for her kids. With Nikki, firstly the missing backstory adds a sense of disconnect. Her past caused her over-protectiveness -- but what past exactly? What happened? The mystery is ruining the present effect. And Ria's age plays a role too. Ria comes across as too old for Nikki to be so suspicious. Nikki's attempts at guidance seems like she treats Ria like an easily malleable 5 yr old than a teen. And Nikki's suspicious is weird in general. With Sweety, there was consistency. She was over-protective which manifested with her literally keeping watch over the kids activities. Sure they'd be able to lie and stuff. But they wouldn't be able to exercise the freedom Ria does, Sweety would freak and reprimand them. But here, Nikki doesn't seem to care? Her suspicious nature is limited to hearing Ria's phone conversations? And Ria doens't seem to respect Nikki that much either. Idk, just feeling disconnected. It's hard to explain.

Like you said, writing is extremely lacking.

And Suri-Jassi is good too. Kinda remind of Raavi-Pinky but Raavi wasn't that insecure. But Jassi's acting is so horrible man.

Man they had 2 years to finalize on a story. 2 years to choose actors. PV1 was a super popular show -- there were for sure other actors who auditioned/ they could've chosen. 2 years to make up sets, get director contracts, etc. And this snooze-fest is what they give us. So disappointed with PH and CVs.
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

Yeah I find Nikki-Ria relationshp weird and don't get it. Like going back to Sweety-Ginny, Ginny did follow most of Sweety's rules and she did respect her mother despite being annoyed by her often. And like Ginny's age was young too. So she'd be rebellious, but within limit. So seeing Sweety try to guide her made sense. And Sweety's over-protectiveness was established through her personality -- she grew up very conservative and bossy and wanted to emulate that for her kids. With Nikki, firstly the missing backstory adds a sense of disconnect. Her past caused her over-protectiveness -- but what past exactly? What happened? The mystery is ruining the present effect. And Ria's age plays a role too. Ria comes across as too old for Nikki to be so suspicious. Nikki's attempts at guidance seems like she treats Ria like an easily malleable 5 yr old than a teen. And Nikki's suspicious is weird in general. With Sweety, there was consistency. She was over-protective which manifested with her literally keeping watch over the kids activities. Sure they'd be able to lie and stuff. But they wouldn't be able to exercise the freedom Ria does, Sweety would freak and reprimand them. But here, Nikki doesn't seem to care? Her suspicious nature is limited to hearing Ria's phone conversations? And Ria doens't seem to respect Nikki that much either. Idk, just feeling disconnected. It's hard to explain.

Like you said, writing is extremely lacking.

And Suri-Jassi is good too. Kinda remind of Raavi-Pinky but Raavi wasn't that insecure. But Jassi's acting is so horrible man.

Man they had 2 years to finalize on a story. 2 years to choose actors. PV1 was a super popular show -- there were for sure other actors who auditioned/ they could've chosen. 2 years to make up sets, get director contracts, etc. And this snooze-fest is what they give us. So disappointed with PH and CVs.

Nikki seems paranoid. She seems to be unhappy with every move of Ria. Ria is a little disrespectful but that looks like out of frustration. Not knowing Nikki's backstory is definitely a setback for the story. At the same time, say Nikki ran away from house, her boyfriend left her and then she met Raj and married him...That still doesn't explain her fear. I wouldn't say she is over protective. She just doesn't believe her daughter. Sweety was different. She had rules which had to be followed. Her kids feared her yet she allowed the basic freedom. She wanted to know what her kids were doing. Nikki is plainly irritating while Sweety was pure entertainment.

Gautami and Jassi are competing for bad acting.

The fun element is missing. I absolutely loved Sweety-Rocky, Lucky-Rocky and even Lucky-Sweety combination. The nok jhok, the little arguments, father-son against the mother...things like that was such a treat to watch. The fathers don't seem interesting at all here. Raj is too sophisticated while Kulwinder is very serious. Both the Dadis are OTT.

PV2 is such a disappointment. I am not sure how long I can watch just because it's Parvarish. I am sure it will be Jassi lamenting again and crying...Suri encouraging..and same stuff with Nikki and Ria.

Kahan ki snooze...It's more of turning off the alarm and continuing to sleep never to be alerted again...πŸ˜†
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

Nikki seems paranoid. She seems to be unhappy with every move of Ria. Ria is a little disrespectful but that looks like out of frustration. Not knowing Nikki's backstory is definitely a setback for the story. At the same time, say Nikki ran away from house, her boyfriend left her and then she met Raj and married him...That still doesn't explain her fear. I wouldn't say she is over protective. She just doesn't believe her daughter. Sweety was different. She had rules which had to be followed. Her kids feared her yet she allowed the basic freedom. She wanted to know what her kids were doing. Nikki is plainly irritating while Sweety was pure entertainment.

Gautami and Jassi are competing for bad acting.

The fun element is missing. I absolutely loved Sweety-Rocky, Lucky-Rocky and even Lucky-Sweety combination. The nok jhok, the little arguments, father-son against the mother...things like that was such a treat to watch. The fathers don't seem interesting at all here. Raj is too sophisticated while Kulwinder is very serious. Both the Dadis are OTT.

PV2 is such a disappointment. I am not sure how long I can watch just because it's Parvarish. I am sure it will be Jassi lamenting again and crying...Suri encouraging..and same stuff with Nikki and Ria.

Kahan ki snooze...It's more of turning off the alarm and continuing to sleep never to be alerted again...πŸ˜†

I actually think Jassi-Suri is one of the more interesting to watch aspects of the show. Suri tries so hard to get Jassi to change and Jassi is so bewildered LOL. Or maybe it's just that despite her looks, Sangeeta acts like a more convincing mother.

Fun element is definitely missing. I feel like they tried to add that in with the whole stupid Nikki-Suri dancing, the sneaking out, random ass camera angles (ex. yesterday nikki saying she;s not nosy at all and then camera showing how she immediately became aware that ria was on her phone -- hence showing nikki is actually suspicious), but it doesn't give the same impact. There's too much seriousness.

Yeah I actually don't like the couple dynamic that much either. Like with Raj-Nikki, it seems like it's Nikki making mistakes and Raj trying to make her understand. It's annoying to see and boring. It also sorta mimics Lucky-Sweey except they also had other dynamics - like Lucky being intimidated by Sweety's bossiness and sneaking in food at his shop when he was supposed to be on a diet πŸ˜† It was more developed and the characters were more 3-d (for a lack of a better word LOL). And Kulwinder kinda comes across as like the dominating cliche husband? Idk maybe it's just me.

Like the more I look at the show, the more the stuff does have potential. Like the conversation yesterday about how Ria was not Nikki so Nikki treating her like how she wanted to be treated was not good parenting, was really amazing. But there was no impact because of the dull acting.

I'm only hanging onto the show because of you mainly LOL πŸ˜† I miss our discussions, we need a new show πŸ˜†
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

I actually think Jassi-Suri is one of the more interesting to watch aspects of the show. Suri tries so hard to get Jassi to change and Jassi is so bewildered LOL. Or maybe it's just that despite her looks, Sangeeta acts like a more convincing mother.

Fun element is definitely missing. I feel like they tried to add that in with the whole stupid Nikki-Suri dancing, the sneaking out, random ass camera angles (ex. yesterday nikki saying she;s not nosy at all and then camera showing how she immediately became aware that ria was on her phone -- hence showing nikki is actually suspicious), but it doesn't give the same impact. There's too much seriousness.

Yeah I actually don't like the couple dynamic that much either. Like with Raj-Nikki, it seems like it's Nikki making mistakes and Raj trying to make her understand. It's annoying to see and boring. It also sorta mimics Lucky-Sweey except they also had other dynamics - like Lucky being intimidated by Sweety's bossiness and sneaking in food at his shop when he was supposed to be on a diet πŸ˜† It was more developed and the characters were more 3-d (for a lack of a better word LOL). And Kulwinder kinda comes across as like the dominating cliche husband? Idk maybe it's just me.

Like the more I look at the show, the more the stuff does have potential. Like the conversation yesterday about how Ria was not Nikki so Nikki treating her like how she wanted to be treated was not good parenting, was really amazing. But there was no impact because of the dull acting.

I'm only hanging onto the show because of you mainly LOL πŸ˜† I miss our discussions, we need a new show πŸ˜†

Suri-Jassi definitely has potential but Jassi's acting is so horrible that you end up laughing..πŸ˜† I am not really sure of the entire comparison between Jassi and Ria. They could have gone for something else according to me especially because they aren't executing it properly.

I loved everyone's antics in S1. Rocky getting help from Lucky and then getting him into trouble with Sweety...Like you said the diet and eating habits factor...Everything was so natural. Rocky's complaining to Sweety and Sweety smartly answering back used to be so much fun with a Lucky as the mute judge...πŸ˜†

Raj-Nikki is so boring. Their so called romance is funny. All that isn't needed at all.

I don't know...I don't even find Raj's guidance talk interesting.

I am hanging on to the show because my mom and I watch it together...I am planning to watch all episodes on Saturday from the coming week.

diyah_us thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i find jassi too timid i mean too much. who is like that nowadays.
even people who cum from villages r so bold then why is this amritsar
girl shown so??? and i feel ria is too bold i mean she mostly talks rudely to her mom.
she is not even little bit scared about her. of course nikki is irritating but still 10th standard
kids dont really behave like that i feel. dont have experience in this thoughπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
i feel jogi will adjust freely in this new school. and seeing the precap this international school
looks like its only for time pass people not for serious achievers
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I knew it. It took only a day after my shower of praises over the show for it to take a complete U-turn.πŸ˜†

Though I still like those small bits here and there that are funny.Like Nikki's husband showing off his bike to Simran's husband.πŸ˜†
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdaPadaKaunPada

I knew it. It took only a day after my shower of praises over the show for it to take a complete U-turn.πŸ˜†

Though I still like those small bits here and there that are funny.Like Nikki's husband showing off his bike to Simran's husband.πŸ˜†

What a coincidence...πŸ˜† I just read your praise...and was like WHAT? πŸ˜† And then I knew it will change...πŸ˜†

Today's episode was definitely the better ones so far. There are very good moments. But it is spoiled by prolonging it...Like today..it was nice how Jassi didn't want to leave Suri...but to show that for nearly two parts is..

PS How do you come up with such usernames...πŸ˜† Tell beforehand it's you..πŸ˜†

Edited by Shwets1502 - 8 years ago