Episode 15 (2nd Dec) - Take Five

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi Guys,
Yesterday while I was writing take five I was little emotional and could not write everything I wanted to share. Although I have already discussed this with few people, I just wanted to write this today for everyone.

Was it wrong for a father to sacrifice his own daughter for the sake of his sons? Yes, it is wrong irrespective of age and time. Any kind discrimination is wrong. Moreover, several daughters were sacrificed, not just one.

Can we blame on person/king for this? No. It is a collective responsibility of the society to make sure there is no discrimination against anyone, based on gender, race, color, status, class, caste, religion and so on. Unless the entire society is educated and made aware, we really cannot make one person a villian.

Even today there is discrimination all around the world and it is failure of the entire society.

Now that this is cleared, here is today's take five.

1) A Father's regret: A father regrets letting go of his daughter. His guilt is eating him up from the inside and he is unable to come out of it and make amends with everyone involved. He also probably regrets for not raising above society's dictates and customs.

2) Unhappy Souls: There are few people in this world who are unhappy. They are dissatisfied with whatever they have been dealt with, generally feel entitled and curse the society and life for not giving them everything they think they deserve. They will latch on to one person, claiming to love them, try to control and lead that person's life. This is one way of them asserting their need to control everything. Did I make any sense?

3) An outsider's view: Sometimes it takes an outsider or a third person to see the problem clearly and come up with solutions. It could be a son who would bridge the gap between a husband and wife, sometimes it could be a parent who would bring two siblings together and so on.

4) Bridge between husband and wife: Often ego and non-communication come in between the relationships. If only both of them could talk and express their anger, guilt, sadness and whatever that they are feeling! A proper communication is the key.
5) Drama: Life without seeing kids enact some elaborate drama or the other would be boring indeed. They bring spice to our life, make us angry and happy at the same time! We would not know how to react, whether to laugh at their intelligence or scold them for it!

Couple of incidents from my own life. I was four and half years old when my sister was born. I loved the kid even while she was in mum's tummy. Some family friends took me to see my new sister at the hospital and every one was distributing chocolates. I really felt sad that my sister would not be able to eat them. I promptly slipped a chocolate wrapper next to her nose. My mum asked what was I doing and I explained my logic to her. We all were eating chocolates, I just wanted her to at least smell it. I probably learnt all about ants that day.

This happened when my sister was maybe around 3 years or slightly less than that. My mum was angry with her for something. So, kiddo comes to me and asks 'Akka, you pretend to scold me loudly and I will pretend to cry. Then mum will not be angry with me and she will console me" I wanted to see what would happen and the idea really worked. I later explained it to my mum and we had a good laugh about it.

Do share your stories too.

Love
Kshithi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Kshithi I agree to you on the emotional part. I was also emotional yesterday after watching the episode.
And coming to discrimination against girl child. Yes it is the responsibility of the society. But someone has to start the change right. Though the destination is still far away, we have to tell we have come a long way in giving a better world to our daughters. From keeping daughters illiterate, today they are atleast send to school. And from the generation which went to school, the next generation is moving to colleges. If after degree parents looked for marriage for me, today my cousin who is a college student is planning her MS and PHd and not marriage. So yes change has happened. But still there is a large section who wants a boy and will go any extend for the same.
Now you talked about people who are unhappy and they always use others to get power. Yes they are leeches. They have the biggest manipulative powers and gift of the gab to put words in such a way that they can influence you. You can see a person like that everywhere. In family, in your workplace, among friends everywhere. They simply don't like harmony and they know their prey also. One who will easy succumb to the charm of power and wealth. Who is ambitious and somehow directly they cannot fulfill the ambition. And to some extend the good people even after knowing such people are there doesn't do anything to expose them. And these leeches ends up destroying families, destroying societies. We have to learn to identify the leech. That sweet manipulators. Those people who pretend they are doing everything for your goodness. Because you might survive their manipulation, but a family member need not. And one member under their control is enough to destroy the foundation of the family.
Now coming to kids and their ways. We need to understand that kids doesn't know power equations. They only understand language of togetherness, language of love. And if you try to deprive kids of what they want, or try to steal from kids their happiness using your power as a parent, kids in their own way can show you, what they can do, to render you powerless. I still remember me sitting bhook harthal for not allowing me to go for excursion when I was in 4th std. My mom told I was too small and she cannot allow me to go for 1 day excursion. And when I said I wont have food she said let me see how long you will stand. And yes I stood just with water almost till dinner time. And yes my mom was worried. By that time my youngest uncle came( with whom I am much attached) told my mom to relent and told me to be a good girl during excursion listen to teachers and all. Forcing your decision on children doesn't work. We will have to show patience and go the children's way without hurting them.
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 2
Kshiti, lovely take. I too got emotional after watching the episode. I agree with you about discrimination. It's not only about gender but in everything. Caste, colour, status. This has to change and the change has to come from within. And, someone has to take up a stand.

There are many who are not happy with their lives for some reason or the other and they become easy target for powerful people to get their work done. Even after being fully aware about everything they still keep on hanging with such people.

I don't have any sibling so wouldn't comment on that but yes I have 2 kids. My elder one is a son and if I get angry on my daughter he comes and consoles her.
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Lovely take, as usual ...Kshithi.
Those are two cute incidents from your childhood that you have narrated 😃

----------

Mandavi's 'nautanki' was endearing to watch y/day...

and the episode on the whole, gave us so much to learn. Was very happy with the final treatment they gave to the entire 'issue'.

Most probably, we would get to watch " Shanta" 's thoughts too , today., though it was quite apparent that, she took to the task, as her responsibility towards her Father and the kingdom.

darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
A perfect take of the episode👏
I completely agree with you on discrimination.

It gave a nice glimpse of father - son relationship. Dilip Tahil stole the show.
An awesome episode it was.

Mithila scenes were too cute. Mandavi's nautanki loved it.

It signified the importance of togetherness and family boding.

Brilliant Take Five!!!!

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome five takes Kshithi😃
Wonderful episode⭐️
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Kshithi I agree to you on the emotional part. I was also emotional yesterday after watching the episode.

And coming to discrimination against girl child. Yes it is the responsibility of the society. But someone has to start the change right. Though the destination is still far away, we have to tell we have come a long way in giving a better world to our daughters. From keeping daughters illiterate, today they are atleast send to school. And from the generation which went to school, the next generation is moving to colleges. If after degree parents looked for marriage for me, today my cousin who is a college student is planning her MS and PHd and not marriage. So yes change has happened. But still there is a large section who wants a boy and will go any extend for the same.
Now you talked about people who are unhappy and they always use others to get power. Yes they are leeches. They have the biggest manipulative powers and gift of the gab to put words in such a way that they can influence you. You can see a person like that everywhere. In family, in your workplace, among friends everywhere. They simply don't like harmony and they know their prey also. One who will easy succumb to the charm of power and wealth. Who is ambitious and somehow directly they cannot fulfill the ambition. And to some extend the good people even after knowing such people are there doesn't do anything to expose them. And these leeches ends up destroying families, destroying societies. We have to learn to identify the leech. That sweet manipulators. Those people who pretend they are doing everything for your goodness. Because you might survive their manipulation, but a family member need not. And one member under their control is enough to destroy the foundation of the family.
Now coming to kids and their ways. We need to understand that kids doesn't know power equations. They only understand language of togetherness, language of love. And if you try to deprive kids of what they want, or try to steal from kids their happiness using your power as a parent, kids in their own way can show you, what they can do, to render you powerless. I still remember me sitting bhook harthal for not allowing me to go for excursion when I was in 4th std. My mom told I was too small and she cannot allow me to go for 1 day excursion. And when I said I wont have food she said let me see how long you will stand. And yes I stood just with water almost till dinner time. And yes my mom was worried. By that time my youngest uncle came( with whom I am much attached) told my mom to relent and told me to be a good girl during excursion listen to teachers and all. Forcing your decision on children doesn't work. We will have to show patience and go the children's way without hurting them.

Thanks for your post Shruthi.

You have raised good points.

Yes, the change is happening generation by generation, year by year. That is a good thing.

And leeches you mentioned are there in almost every family.

Good for you! Finally you did go to the trip. I never could manage stay hungry or go without food for long...do hats off to you.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Kshiti, lovely take. I too got emotional after watching the episode. I agree with you about discrimination. It's not only about gender but in everything. Caste, colour, status. This has to change and the change has to come from within. And, someone has to take up a stand.

There are many who are not happy with their lives for some reason or the other and they become easy target for powerful people to get their work done. Even after being fully aware about everything they still keep on hanging with such people.

I don't have any sibling so wouldn't comment on that but yes I have 2 kids. My elder one is a son and if I get angry on my daughter he comes and consoles her.

Thanks Fatema...

You have written some good points.

And so sweet of the brother to console his sister. No matter how much the siblings fight among themselves, when it comes to parents, they are always together!

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: adi2512

Lovely take, as usual ...Kshithi.

Those are two cute incidents from your childhood that you have narrated 😃

----------

Mandavi's 'nautanki' was endearing to watch y/day...

and the episode on the whole, gave us so much to learn. Was very happy with the final treatment they gave to the entire 'issue'.

Most probably, we would get to watch " Shanta" 's thoughts too , today., though it was quite apparent that, she took to the task, as her responsibility towards her Father and the kingdom.

Thanks Uma..😊

I am also happy that they showed a fathers POV too.

I hope to see Shanta's POV now.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: NEIRAlover

A perfect take of the episode👏

I completely agree with you on discrimination.

It gave a nice glimpse of father - son relationship. Dilip Tahil stole the show.
An awesome episode it was.

Mithila scenes were too cute. Mandavi's nautanki loved it.

It signified the importance of togetherness and family boding.

Brilliant Take Five!!!!

Thanks a lot... 😊

Hoping to see Shanta;s side today.

Love
Kshithi