Pyaar Parivar aur Saath - episode 15

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
the biggest problem I have with this show is that the episodes seem too short
They always leave me wanting for more

each episode explores one aspect of relationship, and focuses on one value that it reinforces

This time of course the relationship was the father son bonding - how Dashratha opened up to his son and shared his regret with Rama

Of course, it had a lot to do with the fact the Rama is so full of empathy and love, and he is so non judgemental that Dashratha must've been drawn to him and bare his soul to his son, not an easy thing for any human being, let alone a King, who is as ingrained in his kingly persona as Dashratha

Rama instantly could see that Dashratha is his own heart has been punishing himself for letting his daughter go, and has been feeling tormented with Kaushalyas pain and the walls this has erected between them.

Rama, whose heart wants to only reach out and heal, and not to judge and hurt, instantly assures his father of his intent to help his parents breach the abyss that separates them and also to bind the family together by reaching out to his sister

Ironically, both Dashratha and Kaushalya want to meet shanta, but are so consumed in their loss and guilt that they are unable to take the simple step of reaching out to her and to each other

This is so true of our relationships - we very often create our own monsters when a simple act of repentance, a single word of forgiveness, or a simple touch will heal so many aches and pains of broken hearts

Hats off to Dilip ji and Vedant and the writers for that beautiful scene between father and son - Dilip Tahil showing all the suffering beneath that Royal dignity and Rama radiating calm acceptance and love

In Mithila too, the sisters in own little childlike way are striving to keep the family together, and there too in a micro way, the presence of the daughters is coming in the way of Royal ambitions

The value of love togetherness and acceptance, of family bonding above all else, was put forward in a way that was simple, beautiful, warm, direct yet subtle.

If i was an emperor, I would've given a part of my kingdom to Dilip ji last night and made him a sach ka King! He totally excelled in that scene

And apne Vedant as Rama ke toh kya hi kehne, I would've married my daughter to him and made him uttaradhikari to my kingdom!
Edited by Arshics - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Arshi,
Good analysis again...

"This is so true of our relationships - we very often create our own monsters when a simple act of repentance, a single word of forgiveness, or a simple touch will heal so many aches and pains of broken hearts " This is pure gold!!! This is Mona ka Sona!

Love
Kshithi
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fantastic analysis Arshi😃
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Brilliant take on the episode.

The essence of today's episode was most certainly the Father-Son relationship.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Arshics I so agree with you. Each episode leaves you wanting more. See when will a person opens upto another. Only when they feel that person wont be judgemental. They will try to understand their POV. Why they did what they did. Instead of questioning them, will be able to put a balm to the emotional wound. See putting a balm to emotional wound is tougher than on a physical wound. And I would say Ram did exactly that. Instead of trying to judge who among his parents was wrong he proposed a solution to heal their wounds.
And I would also say this open up by both his parents to his question reinforced his belief that his parents will not lie to him. Rationally he disproves Jabali's theory relations doesn't matter. He shows relations does matter, as long as we manage them right.
mnx12 thumbnail
This is Ramayan ka un-dekha pahelu. It's turning out well. 👏
They don't claim it's Ramayan, the exact book version.
Dashrath is sad at the way his daughter's sacrifice. Being a king he has responsibalities. He had to think about his kingdom, people, Raghuvansh.
May be this aspect is shown to Ram to portray a message to give importance to his people over personal life. Which he will be doing in future.
Both daughter & daughter-in-low of Dashrath had to sacrifice their personal life for people.
It's not only the king who rules & looks after his people. His family, people around him are equally responsible for supporting the king.
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
What a peaceful conclusion ( almost ) , after the storm they have created the day before 😉😆
For a moment, we all ( most of us ) were in the same thought process as Kausalya reg how we saw Dasharath, to an extent...right ? That's what I felt...

No wonder we all need Rama to show us the light ...and they ( writers ) did exactly that...made Rama show us the reality.

Now coming to the authenticity - do we really care now ? if all that would have happened ? Again...for another time in succession, I do not, absolutely !

Coming to believe the version, that Shanta existed, was given away at some point of time., and was used as a " medium " for certain things to happen...

we can also very well believe now, that Dasharatha would indeed have been guilty at certain point of time for what he had done...for what he was 'forced' to do.

Now, I would say., this situation that they have created , is in actual, not 'butchering' the character of Dasharatha , but 'elevating' his character.

With the mindset of women / girls, that first and foremost thing that hit us, upon hearing Kausalya's account was the pain of Kausalya ., and a sort of anger towards Dasharatha's indifferent attitude., towards his girl child.

And we needed a 'Rama' to look thorough the pain he had undergone, and is still undergoing.

The 'King' in him could carry out his responsibilities...but the 'Father' in him was equally pained. The Mother in Kausalya could not understand the 'Father' in Dasharatha., she could only see the 'King' in him and the 'Sishatachar' associated with it.

The last line by Dasharatha to Rama - to go and meet the 'mighty' daughter of Raghukul, was enough to show, how much he loved his daughter, and how proud he is to have her.

----------------

Extrapolating this situation to the future happenings, this is what Rama and Sita had to undergo also, in their personal lives - Seperation ., for the sake of kingdom and its people.

But neither was Dasharatha and Kausalya., they both were on a higher plane above them...so, their love remained, eternal and untouched by such ego s and prejudices.

And this is what 'Ramayana' is about in essence.

Last, but not the least - to drive the point home,

the words by Sita to Urmila., reg., the possible going away of their sisters to a different place - that they may grow apart by physical distance, but in their minds and their hearts, they will always be together.
They can never be apart !

------------

As @mnx rightly said in her post , this is indeed an 'Undekha pehlu ' of Ramayan...in every sense., and , I'am able to enjoy in a most enriching way as of now.

--------

And I second Arshi's thoughts -

The actor playing Young Rama is extremely impressive in the role...and the scene involving the father - son y/day turned out real good.

Surely going to miss young Rama and Sita , already , 😔...when they grow big !

Edited by adi2512 - 8 years ago
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Hello Arshi🤗
Perfect analysis of the episode. I too fell the the same. Half an hour episode are too less. It leaves you wanting more.

Yesterday' episode briefed about a beautiful father-son bond.
Seriously Dilip Tahil stole the show.

The Mithila scene was also nice. It signifies togetherness and family bonding.

An awesome episode!!!!

Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muggle_Diaries

Hi Arshi,

Good analysis again...

"This is so true of our relationships - we very often create our own monsters when a simple act of repentance, a single word of forgiveness, or a simple touch will heal so many aches and pains of broken hearts " This is pure gold!!! This is Mona ka Sona!

Love
Kshithi

Thanks Kshithi, it was a very nice episode, and I am liking the subtlety with which the emotions are handled.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nonie12345

Fantastic analysis Arshi😃

Thanks Nonie.