Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi am suhani here. Already a big fan of season one and the ahluwalias...

Well my topic here is- is this season two really about parvarrish in your opinion? Too early to comment or compare wt season one, but the show started, with not much dragging, on the issues of children. Yet i feel the plot of this season is more about the adults than the kids. The couples, the two long lost friends... I wish there were more kids. If this season is only on teenagers, there is a huge scope. Instead of focusing on the adults, a more focus should be on the kids vs the adults. Somewhere i am not getting that x factor that existed in sweety-lucky-rocky-ginny scenes. The parent vs child bond needs more focus.

I am liking this season. I even liked the lots of openings of sub plots and new characteristics every episode. The kids are definitely found among every generation. But then as freethinker and shwets said, the cvs need to be more practical on issues like a logical compromise on school for kids. I am looking foward to more in this season...

Acting wise, i feel the actors need to open up. They are not overacting thank god, but need more opening up... My pov..

Plz share yours!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Exactly, there is too much drama and too less parvarrish. Most of the time is spent on adults, too much of fights and making up, too much of saas bahu issues. Most of the time someone is trying to explain something to Nikki, Suri, or Kulwinder. Whose parvarrish are they focusing on, Jassi's generation or Suri's generation? 😆

I seriously expect better and I am not liking it. This week they have increased the drama quotient actually rather than toning it down.
lizzie1765 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Adult drama to some extent is fine 😊but now it's getting quite irritating now 🥱. Now Nikki saas🤢 coming I don't know😡 .
I want to some school drama of 😉 jassi Jogi and riya .
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Completely agreed Suhani...There is no Parvarish as such except for the word Parvarish used in every episode. You pointed out everything. It's more about how parents are dealing with their own problems. They are forcing to show how different each one's parenting is. S1 didn't force it. We could see it in their actions itself. The plots are nice but execution is bad. Technical wise, it's lacking a lot. I am not liking the sudden Punjabi song in the background..and there is so much sadness.
Nikki is too suspicious. Sweety too was suspicious but that was fun. Here it is irritating.

Suri's lines of how she wants best for Jassi is becoming repetitive. And as you said too much Saas-bahu also.

Characters are confused and forced and acting has to improve especially Jassi and Nikki.
masin thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
The way I see it, they're focusing more on the adults to show why their parenting is flawed. Simran is over-suspicious because she was upto no good back when she was Ria's age. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ria's biological father was that dude she was dating before Raj came along.

I'm not a fan of the saas-bahu drama either, but I think it sheds more light on the difficulties parents face while raising their children. For example, Simran's mother-in-law spoils Ria herself, and then when Ria pulls one of her teenage stunts, she blames Simran for not looking after Ria. Same deal with Suri's mother-in-law. She chooses Jassi over Jogi and consistently voices that at home.

This kind of constant interference really conflicts with a mother's parenting. Simran is never good enough for her mother-in-law and Suri is too modern for her mother-in-law. So in my opinion, while the saas-bahu drama is unnecessary and repetitive, it is also crucial in showing what factors influence Simran's nosiness or Suri's risk-taking.

😊
Edited by masin - 8 years ago
441597 thumbnail
I agree with the others. This time the drama is a bit on the heavier side with lesser light moments (a compared to the first season). Also, the characters are not well fleshed-out, and the issues seem to be centered on one specific point.
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: masin

The way I see it, they're focusing more on the adults to show why their parenting is flawed. Simran is over-suspicious because she was upto no good back when she was Ria's age. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ria's biological father was that dude she was dating before Raj came along.

I'm not a fan of the saas-bahu drama either, but I think it sheds more light on the difficulties parents face while raising their children. For example, Simran's mother-in-law spoils Ria herself, and then when Ria pulls one of her teenage stunts, she blames Simran for not looking after Ria. Same deal with Suri's mother-in-law. She chooses Jassi over Jogi and consistently voices that at home.

This kind of constant interference really conflicts with a mother's parenting. Simran is never good enough for her mother-in-law and Suri is too modern for her mother-in-law. So in my opinion, while the saas-bahu drama is unnecessary and repetitive, it is also crucial in showing what factors influence Simran's nosiness or Suri's risk-taking.

😊

I agree. It is definitely an interesting idea to bring in the grandmothers to show how their presence influences parenting. At the same time, to show both the grandmothers as someone who interferes and doesn't agree to their daughter-in-law's style of parenting is a little off for me. They could have shown at least one grandmother to be supportive, who actively takes part in the betterment of the kids. Jassi's grandmother is selfish and complaining about everything while Ria's grandmother is strict and kind off arrogant. I wish one was different.

Also...I think all the storylines are really good but the execution is too dramatic to connect to reality.
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

I agree. It is definitely an interesting idea to bring in the grandmothers to show how their presence influences parenting. At the same time, to show both the grandmothers as someone who interferes and doesn't agree to their daughter-in-law's style of parenting is a little off for me. They could have shown at least one grandmother to be supportive, who actively takes part in the betterment of the kids. Jassi's grandmother is selfish and complaining about everything while Ria's grandmother is strict and kind off arrogant. I wish one was different.

Also...I think all the storylines are really good but the execution is too dramatic to connect to reality.

agree ! simple thing focus more from kids side. and one grandmother has to be supportive but no they will show evil!
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
dramatic one it is ! can't they be more relaxed !
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sangeeta is very good actress but her character is shown to very unrealistic and too loud...