Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sadaf18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Wow, Sarah!!!

i never knew u were such a good public speaker. ur arguments completely won me over. i feel more strongly about this topic now than i did before...

good for u!!! and very proud of u...πŸ‘

-sadaf

saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

aww i m blushing Sadaf 😳.. tareef ka shukria 😊

POWER TO THE BOX!!

Sarah.

Edited by kewlsarah - 19 years ago
amreen1409 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

OMG Saba, I was thinking to post about this topic for a while now and I didnt notice this thread here already... I really do feel that way.. I remember watching old pk dramas like tanhaiyan, ankahi, aangan tera and many many more which were soo decent and sober but that decency is no where in today's shows... ppl were never showing sitting together on the same bed either at first..

I feel that they are trying to get "modernized", by taking the meaning of this word as being more westernized and shameless i should say... which is not at all our culture.

Thanks for the topic and sorry for being so late.. πŸ€“πŸ˜•

Amreen

amreen1409 thumbnail

Forgot to add one more thing... I really feel ashamed to see many muslim ppl from diff. muslim countries, pak, ind, afghanitan, and middle easterners here in california, who are very proud to call themselves muslim but when you look at them, they look so ridiculous.. hanging around with boyfriend and wearing a tight n smallest top with their cleavage showing (on top of it, wearing a locket with Allah written on it..)and minis.... 🀒 this was reminded to me when I read Saba's quote "kawa chala hans ki chaal aur apni chaal bhi bhool gaya" cuz no matter what n how they act, for these americans they are still representing their own countries and just cuz of these ppl the whole culture gets to be on blame!

But on the other hand, they are people who shows that good side of our culture and religion.. and shows that good people still exists... at first when I came to US, there was only one girl wearing a scarf (Unfortunately, it was not me 😭 ) but now you will see people wearing full hijab in every school to college to university and many workplaces.. moreover, they are rooms reserved for prayers in these places!!! It really feel good to be around such people and they are the ones that inspired me to start wearing hijab too.. Allahumdullilah..

Umm... yeah.. the whole point in short.. Media (not just ours but every media) is trying to show that the more bad you do, the more good it will be called... even in the show Sada suhagan raho, when the hero herion dances, it was really uncomfortable to me eventhough the actors are indian but the drama is still paki. and should be PakH (Clean)!!

Sorry to bore you guys with such a long message... n sorry if anyone felt offended.. it was just my view.. and I certainly didnt mean that ppl should be on extremes.. cuz i m not.. but it was just a thought.. so dont be mad at me πŸ˜•

Amreen

Edited by amreen1409 - 19 years ago
sadaf18 thumbnail

Amreen, i could not have said that better...u go girlπŸ‘πŸΌ and about us being mad at you, well...we are NOT, at least i am not!

infact, i am actually very proud that such a nice and pure mentality such as urs still exists in our "western" youngsters...i know i sound like a grandma, but it is true nonetheless.

-sadaf

amreen1409 thumbnail

😊Thanks Sadaf... Dont know whether I was making any sense in it as many thoughts were coming at once.... but glad that you liked it 😊

Amreen

sadaf18 thumbnail

my pleasure and ur thoughts and insights made perfect sense to me...

-sadaf

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

wow u go grl amreen all of dat made alotta sense n i gotta agree i h8 it but ic it arnd 2

btw saba is this discussion of da week of month?πŸ˜†

saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

btw saba is this discussion of da week of month?πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...i was gonna as the same thing

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

its now discussion of the month

u guys were very interested in the topic so I kept it.

moreover, I have to think for another one.

if u have any ideas. PM me.

Thanks