Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Guys sorry to differ with you on some terms but not completely. Yes they have spoiled Dashrath's character beyond redemption but they didn't showed him as hating his daughter. He was happy with her progress and her achievements but as a belief that the lineage will be continued with only son, he wished she would have been his son than daughter. That doesn't mean he was hating her but was cursing his fate for not having a son to continue the Raghu kul or shall i say Manu vansh. If people at this age opt for a son, there is no wonder Dashrath was looking for a son. And from the look of it, looks like Dashrath was in his late forties early fifty's and he being teh only son for his father, they had no other male member in the family to get a male child to continue the lineage and it was believed that unless one has a son to do shradh, they will not get moksh or get an entry to the heavenly abode. And the belief doesn't end there but it attracts even his forefathers being pushed out of the heaven if they don't have a son in the family to do the shradh annually. So he was feared of this and was eager to have a male child so that his forefathers are safe where they are.

He didn't directly went to his rajguru Vashisht for ways to get a son but he tried the normal way by marrying two more ladies but when all the doors were closed, he went to his Guru for Margdarshan. When Vashisht told him about making a female meet Rishi Rishyashring, he didn't asked his daughter to go and meet the saint instead he used other girls who were ready to do the task but when all of them were failed, he was worried and that is when his daughter gave him the hope that she will go and succeed. If you have seen it clearly, he was unable to bless her to be victorious but off course he didn't stop her as well. And if we expect the king to treat everyone equal, then why should we blame for him to allow his daughter to go to the Rishyashring Parvat to save her dynasty and her state (it will have a new prince who will rule the state later) from going into some one Else's hands. If he could permit the other females of the state to help the king, he should permit his daughter as well.

Further it was not expected of her (Shanta) to cut all the links from her maternal house the moment she joined the Ashram of Rishyashring. It was her decision as she was sadden by the happenings and she didn't want to accept failure just by identifying herself as a princess. So she shwocased herself as rishi kanya and lived as one later.

Yes it is true that she parted from her parents for the cause her father was eager to have a son but at the same time, if we can see, she was almost at the age for marriage and in any case, teh moment she got married, she would have parted from them. In those days, it was not uncommon for a princess to marry a Rishi, so we should not try to look at king Dashrath as a villain for his daughter and her mother.

Again what is it with Kausalya, why she is behaving so indifferent towards her husband? Versince I saw the golden doll, I was under the impression that Dashrath snatched her child (daughter) who would have been an infant from her (nursing mother) and gave away that child to someone else who were supposed to be childless and made her grieve. She did accept even she wanted a son and not only that she did rejoiced the company of her son and also was craving for it. Then why she has to blame only her husband for the distancing of her daughter? She said , she did saw her daughter in their own palace along with her husband, then what stopped her from talking to her daughter? If she is sure that her daughter has adopted her new life well and is happy with that, why can't she stop her this hatred towards her husband and be normal? if she has accepted the payasam after the yagna which would have granted her a son, then it is believed that she was OK with her daughter's decision. If she was against her daughter's distancing from her due to King Dashrath, she should have refused to consume that prasad and allowed the other 2 to have it? She should have as well led a saint's life even while living in the palace. When she has not done that, why should she always try to use Dashrath's shoulder to shoot the bullet? She is enjoying allthe benefits of being a queen and then why put the blame entirely on Dashrath?

Sorry if I make no sense to you people but like every coin has 2 faces, always there will be a different perspective for every incident. So let us wait and watch. Let us not rule out the story completely.
Panoramic thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ramkijanaki
Exactly...

U know Channel itself is not taking any responsibility of authenticity of this version...lol n here in ppl accepting it as original

There r clearly stating that... This show is just for entertainment purpose...

We never had such disclaimers before...in RS Ramayana...
As they took story from good source which is accepted by many generations...

Previous shows used to quote the source... Why don't siya ke ram makers quote the source from where they HV taken the story... Lol..
Becoz its just makers pure imagination...no story existed like this... Or they HV taken from source which is total false.. Lol...AND they themselves know that... So they r not quoting source anywhere ...

Makers know if they will quote some good source n show all this none sense on the name of Ramayana then Ppl will definitely drag them to court...

If maker want to show there own story then why r they calling it Ramayana !!!!!

They should make another daily soap n they show whatever they want on the name of social msg...then no one will complain or criticize it...

Here Makers r changing the whole script n characterisations...
Writers should know just by stealing names from Ramayana won't make it Ramayana...

Atleast basic characterisation essence of the epic shouldn't be tampered...

If tomorrow some new production house comes n shows ram as ravana n ravana as ram then ppl will accept it saying that its giving good msg???!!!!! ( maybe who knows)

Saying this version is more reliable than valmiki Ramayana that itself a big joke...
MATLAB original author KO bhool jao n take the distorted version of original n call it authentic ha ha ha...

And if its interpretation then it's again non sensical... As one can't interpret a story by distorting basic characterisation ...n script..

PS : im not comparing ...but asking why makers r not quoting the source From where they hv taken the story...??! They should show it before airing the show...
And its not like I don't appreciate wen good things r shown... I loved sita janm sequence...as it was very near to epic... N had divine aura to it...

Edited by Panoramic - 8 years ago
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Janaki Di.. dunno ur name😊
Let me say this. This is just the beginning. You know why? I just discovered today.. the author of the shos is Anand Neelkantan. The author of the book Asura and then Ajaya, Rise of Kali etc. Has anyone read this? Well Just let Ravan enter. I guarantee you vilification of Ram and Lakshman to eternity, and glorification of Lanka Naresh. I still remember hil hilarious logic of Seeta haran. If anyone has read Asura they will know what I am tlaking about. Just be ready. Picture abhi baaki hai 😆
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am also little disappointed with Dashrath's characterisation😡
@captain spark . Hi brishti. We met in Mahabharat forum. I agree with u. I have read all the books of Anand Neelkanth. He is famous for presenting villan's point of view. I read his books because I Had a interest to know about villan's point of view. Everyone has their own story
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I am really heart broken and decided to absolutely quit the show.
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I hope Lord is kind enough to us and the show either mends it's ways or goes off air!
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The problem is that Indian and especially Hindu epics are taken for granted. And there is a prevailing ignorance of the actual epic as it has been told to us in bits and pieces or in some cases, not at all.. So makers take all the creative leverage they can..
To make it more interesting, they will make the great characters grey and provide justification to the actual bad characters.

In his book Ramayanam, Rajaji writes that the best thing about the epics Ramayana is that it demarks the good from the bad on its own and that is not up to discussion.. He also in the same vein mentions how saddened he is about the way people go around trying to justify the bad characters because it is more interesting.. like watching a train wreck happen...

This is no different.
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
wonder lord Ram father was like this ! a person watching the show can feel like this ! can be lord father like this ? i am horribly disappointed by this portrayal of dashrath ji !