Totally disappointed with CVs' treatment of Dashrath!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
I hope the CVs are happy. They have now destroyed Maharaj Dashrath's character beyond redemption, showing him as a man who sacrificed his daughter to have a son, which NEVER HAPPENED. 😑 The adoption of Shanta had nothing to do with having sons. She was given to Romapada, Dashrath's best friend and Dashrath's own brother-in-law, during her infancy because Romapada was childless and he asked Dashrath for his daughter. Dashrath was a man of his word and he'd already promised to grant Romapada whatever he wanted (similar to his promise to Vishvamitra), so he gave him Shanta, but it was not due to any lack of love towards her! She grew up in her own maasi's family, and it was many many years later that she married Rishyashringa and he did the putrakameshti yagna.

Today's entire episode was a total joke. From the very beginning, the CVs glorified Maharaj Janak by degrading Maharaj Dashrath, and now they have gone an ultimate low by showing Dashrath as a daughter-hating man.

Do the CVs know that when Ram got married to Sita, Dashrath shed tears of happiness and said to Kaushalya that God has filled the void of not having any daughters, by giving him four daughters-in-law? Shanta may or may not have existed in the actual epic, but Dashrath always felt the void of not having any daughters in his family. Thus he loved Sita and her sisters as his daughters, rather than daughters-in-law.

Yes, he wanted an heir for his dynasty, but he had no animosity towards female children. It does not state anywhere that he did not want a daughter. Had Bharat, Lakshman or Shatrughan been a female and not a son, he would not have loved them any less.

Maharaj Janak was a great man, but so was Maharaj Dashrath. Why do the CVs have to degrade one to glorify the other?

Shame on you CVs! You have destroyed Ramayan today. From the very beginning I was disappointed with your treatment of Dashrath, but today I am really furious with you for tampering with my beloved epic and its characters! 😑 If anyone from the current generation takes your show at face value, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Don't forget. By insulting King Dashrath's character, the real Lord Ram will not be happy with you, for he loved his father more than his very life. From the very beginning you boasted of being different from other adaptations of Ramayan, so give yourself a round of applause, because today you have accomplished what no other Ramayan has. You have destroyed the character of a great King of the Raghuvansh. King Dashrath was a great man, and you completely tarnished his greatness today.

Truly, I am very disappointed today. I never expected this show to sink so low. πŸ˜”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..sahana.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
And they will call this distortion as "different perspective" - rubbish!
I get it how they want to change the epic a little to suite the modern viewers and for contemporary situations, but, depicting a character as negative when they are actually are not is so wrong!
maya_sm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
today's episode was not even liked by my father. He said what type of a king dashrath was? Who sacrificed and hated his daughter just to get a son?

It means from that time onwards women were not treated equally as sons? From that time Sons were preferred more than Daughters.

Here Ram and his Brothers are shown to be more wanted and loved than Shanta their sister who is hated as she is not a son.

On One hand they are showing women should be treated equally like men or should be more respected as they are stronger emotionally mentally than men & on the other hand They show that Only Sons are given more prominance just because they carry their family name and dynasty ahead

, then how can they show sita as a strong woman here who suffered the most due to Rama's decision of leaving her in the forest in the advanced stage of her pregnancy by listening to his praja who promised to treat sita equally?

Sorry to ask this question as asked by my father to me that Rama didnt even care about his unborn children or worry abt them when he decided to banish sita. The same Man And King who removed Ahilya from the curse of a stone and ate Shabri's Berries.

THEY ARE GIVING OUT WRONG MESSAGE IN THIS SHOW THAT SHANTA WAS HATED BY DASHRATHA & WOMEN SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY ARE CONTRADICTORY.

Edited by mmurdeshwar - 8 years ago
maya_sm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Plz Dont Block Me from this forum or India Forums Plz. I Ask For Forgiveness for Such a Question About Ramji. I m sorry
Panoramic thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It is extremely disappointing to see writers twisting the original Ramayana to this extent ...and have compromised too much on the facts... This may be about sita perspective but it doesn't demand the twisting of Ramayana facts..the soul of the epic being teased by the trp freak team of the writers who not only have manipulated the originality of this epic but also spoiled it...
This reaches a wider audience than the original Valmiki's scripture. ...There is a good chance of people believing the author's "pure imagination" as fact just because this is more reachable than the original scripture...
Many myths can be twisted as we like,...but Ramayana is not a myth. It is a scripted epic which has too many myths surrounding. ...we don't have the right to twist the tale as we please...

Even though I have stopped watching this show for my own good as I really cant see this much extent of damage to the truth.. :(... Extending every episode with the much useless emotional dramatic scenes...adding false and imaginary melodrama scenes that never happened just serve as a source of worry for the young generation that are constantly misguided about this great epic..!! I hold a strong resentment for the whole script as well as maker team...😑
...today while changing channels got a glimpse ...n I got so frustrated...that I went n watched few episodes of RS Ramayana online..

Very sentence of valmiki Ramayana gives a beautiful msg... There is not need to distort the original story n characterisation...from shabri jatayu to guha...every small character gives a great msg... N here CVS showing total nonsense...

They could hv given good msg only by showing the original shanta story... What we actually know...

Making a good positive character negetive is unpardonable...

Tomorrow they might even show Rama n sita in negetive light ... Audience will accept it??? !!! Saying I take only positive things out of this episode...

Why tamper with original characterisation wen writers give some really great msg through the original epic itself...?!!

As expected After Mahabharata Now star is behind Ramayana...
There also we had similar nonsense track before draupadi birth I guess...even someting like draupadi attempting suicide ...πŸ˜²πŸ˜•Here with Shanta n dasharath...

Its just shows that makers mind is corrupted..that hey show similar tracks every where ... πŸ₯± which actually never happened...😑

TheFaerieQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
There are about 300 versions of Ramayana world over. Even the supposedly original Ramayan written by Kavi Valmiki has some doubts around it about the Uttara Kand. Many scholars believe that the writing style and language of Uttara Kand is different from rest and "falshruti", which is given at the end of poem is written before Uttara Kand which means Uttara kand may have been written by someone else and not Valmiki. Now uattarakand contains the important episode of Sita Parityaga, her disappearing into earth and Ram's jal samadhi. The widely believed episode of "Lakshaman Rekha" does not exist in Valmiki Ramayan. So please understand that what they are portraying is an amalgamation of many versions of Ramanayan.
It is unwise to consider one version of Ramayan true and others as false. May be we should enjoy the show, take our own meaning/philosophy from it and leave the portions out which does not agree with our popular belief.

PS: - Popular doesn't always mean authentic.

Edited by TheFaerieQueen - 8 years ago
jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Totally agree with u. Right from first episode dashrath was shown disgruntled angry insecure.
Just because the serial is from siya point of view does not mean completely twisting the tale.
Yesterday was the worst. Totally disappointed.
I can imagine what more character assassinations will be.

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
@Panoramic,
Leave it yaar, people will accept anything shown onscreen with the justification that there are over 300 versions of Ramayan. This is the reason CVs are able to show whatever garbage they want and have viewers blindly accepting it. No matter what is shown, people will love it, because the makers of this show have really brainwashed people into thinking they are showing all facts.

Ok, Valmiki Ramayan is not original and all the other 300 versions of Ramayan are more relevant. Yeah, like that makes sense.

This happened with Starbharat, and it's going to happen here too. They made Drupad a female-hating misogynist as well. Seems like Star Plus loves degrading the men of mythological epics to make women seem greater!

Whatrever man, I don't care anymore. Let the makers butcher the epic and its characters however they want. In the end of the day, the viewers are to blame because by watching this so-called Ramayan, they are giving TRPs to the show and more ammunition to the CVs who don't deserve any support for what they're showing.

Those who are truly interested in the epic and want to learn what happened will not base their knowledge on any TV show. They will actually read the original books and do research themselves.

People think we are being unnecessarily critical, but they don't understand that it's really painful for a devotee of the Lord to see His story being twisted and shown wrong. Ramayan is very close to my heart, all its characters included. It is such a beautiful epic that needs no modern day drama to make it interesting, but if people don't want to cherish the epic for what it already is, then it's their choice.

Like you said, we have other, much superior adaptations of Ramayan to watch. I said it before and I will say it again. No one can beat the Sagars when it comes to showing Ramji and Sita Maiyya's story. RS Ramayan and NDTV Ramayan will remain close to my heart always for the devoted way in which they handled the epic. They had their own share of mistakes, but none to this extent.
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I too not liked the way thy shown dasharath ..hating his daughter .and wanted only sons .Never seen such distortion in any where ..why this to be shown stating as different perspective

totally disliked the epi ...
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Janaki: Completely agreed. When Dhasarath avoided hearing the problems of poor i said that they ruined his character and they proved it again. I accept dhasarath was not like Ram but certainly he was a noble king otherwise god wouldnt have chosen him to be his father. I know the story of shanta from rishasinga angle only and accept that there are many versions of it but on a larger scale king dhasarath was never narrow minded.To emphasize the importance of girl child( though i like the view) they did complete dhasarath character assassination. Very much disappointed with the episode.