Share the love, joy- Kausalya and Kaikeyi giving Payasam

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
How selfish the world has become today. When people are competing for the same slots it is told not to share anything. If you are preparing for competitive exams it is advised that you keep your notes to yourself. You don't help anyone. Because even 1 mark can make all the difference. Really. Yes I had got this advise multiple times. Don't share you will lose. Haan I have lost here and there by sharing my notes, but then it had always overshadowed what I have got in return for those sharing. Because when I needed help the most, there was someone out there to help me the problem I was in. So if you ask me if I have an oppourtunity to help or give to someone deserving yes I will give. No matter what others say.
And in yesterday epi in Ramayan we see the sharing by the queens. Yes Dasrath gives the Payasam to his elder queen Kausalya. Kausalya could take the decision whether she will have it all or she share it, because at stake was the kingdom of Ayodhya. The heir will get the throne. Elder can be her son or even the sons of any of the other queens. But Kausalya shares she gives to both Kaikeyi and Sumitra. And Kaikeyi she too gives to Sumitra.
And what do the queens get in return. 4 brothers united, loving. The unity of the queens gave Ayodhya 4 noble princes. And not only that. When Ram went to jungle, there was a Lakshman to accompany him. There was a Lakshman to stand by him, fight along side him. Yes Lakshman was Ram's biggest emotional support and he wouldn't have been there if Kausalya had not shared with Sumitra the Payasam. Haan maybe Ram would have got the throne, but would not have got a loving caring brother Lakshman. And can anyone imagine Ramayan without the angry young man Lakhan 😃
So think the pros and cons of giving. You will find the greater emotional satisfaction is always in giving. And we humans are emotional and we need to connect to our emotions. Giving allows us that. Make ourselves more human than machines. If you give wholeheartedly what you receive will far outweigh what you will lose. Today make a choice to give. Even Ramayan tells that.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice pick of the episode shruthi. Kaushalya didnt think about what she or her son will get in return but she shared with her sisters. So, the help or the duty should be done with no expectations. Once again I am dragged by Krishna's words. People in tetra yug knew the dharma, so it was not required by the god to say, but in dvapara krishna gave gita gyan and in kaliyug, no point in saying.

I thought Ram went to kaikeyi first but its somewhat different, they started from sumitra. Though the episode was quite good, I hate the portrayal of kaushalya who always shed tears. They are not that mentally weak. I want kaushalya to be like suniana.

Why Ram had that dream again? Is the golden daughter idol was in kaushalya's dream or actually it was near her?

shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya I feel the dream is because Ram needs to know the purpose of his birth. Maybe they will bring it to the self realization. Why he was born. Maybe he knows that purpose in his subconscious, just that it should come profound in his conscious.
I am not very sure of Kausalya as I know she was sad when Ram goes to jungle. But Sumitra I know as a woman of greater inner strength. Because she gives her blessings whole heartedly to Lakhan when he decides to accompany Ram. She is the most calm among the 3 Queens.
The show is showing Kausalya as a woman clinging to the past and connecting everything to past. Since I don't know Shanta's story much I cant comment on it.
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
From the story I had heard earlier, it was presumed that the Yagna was conducted to get a son and after completion of the yagna, the saint gave a bowl of payasam to the king and asked him to give it to his wife to have it so that she conceive. When Dashrath turned, both Kausalya and Kaikeyi were around and so he divided teh payasam into two parts and gave one to both and nothing was left to Sumithra who was not in the vicinity. So the both queens decided that they will share teh payasam with Sumithra and share half of what they got with Sumithra and that is how she got 2 sons (one from Kausalya's share who turned out to be lakshman and the other from Kaikeyi's share, Shathrughan). That is teh reason she advised her kids to be with her brothers always while lakshman chose Ram, to be with, Shathrughan chose Bharath. The love the 2 sisters shared with their 3rd sister became the role model for the mankind in the form of 4 brothers who never fought. Offcourse we have never read or heard that the 3 wives of Dashrath ever fought. i don't even heard that Kausalya or Sumithra blamed kaikeyi for Ram Lakshman's exile as they knew the shrap Dashrath had.

And about Kausalya's brooding for her daughter, I don't think she did something bad in remembering her daughter and reminisce the moments of her life with her daughter. It is not that easy to get over your first child, that too when you know that child is alive somewhere away from you. If death parts away teh beloved, one will cry for someday and curse their fate and try to move on with the memories of the deceased but when you are robbed of your child it is difficult to digest. It seems like king Dashrath doesn't think twice before giving his words to others and that is evident in Shanta's case as well as kaikeyi's case later. (here this was not even time bound boon). That cold be the only reason why he was advised not to make promises affront (in Gurukul).

And from the way they are showing the golden child being treated as Kausalya's daughter Shantha, they will root this as an example for the Golden Sita idol Ram got for his Ashwamedha Yaga.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Jaya your version is what I have also heard. Sumitra getting the share from other 2 Queens. And that is why I said Ramayana gives the classic example of sharing the joy. Yaa I have also not heard other queens fighting with Kaikeyi over the vachan issue.
And I agree to you on the golden idol of Shanta. When I saw that I too thought golden idol of Sita will be linked with it.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fantastic message Shruti didi😃