Manan FF - 'The Aroma of Love'-Chapter 18 on page 141- 11th Feb 2016

V.P. thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Chapter 1

Aroma of life

Leading a life where each day is a battle is tiring. But I cannot feel tired and I won't let life defeat me. I will keep on fighting and for those who don't know me...

I am Nandini murthy, 21 years, completed my high school education. But owing to my poor financial conditions, I could not continue my studies. My only family is my mother and my sister Navya Naveli. Navya unlike me is dreamy and she considers herself the centre of attraction of boys of her age. All boys get attracted to her. Unlike me, Navya is like an angel..feminine, petite, enticing with long hair, beautiful eyes and always beautifies herself, while I am just the opposite. I am a tomboy...and people really think..I am a boy. I have my hair with a boy cut. I wear shirts, t-shirts, pants, jeans but never long flowing gowns. So everybody misunderstands me to be a boy. I don't care what the world thinks about me, all I care is only about each day of life, each moment of life.

Life taught me many lessons and the first lesson is..."food is the most important in life...without food, one cannot gather strength to fight sorrows, worries, hunger...so I just never let go of any free food. Free food is what I love most..because my mother who makes toys for a living could never sell enough toys to feed us. We had to sleep empty stomach so many nights. But then, was there ever another option?

I have lived my life running errands..doing random jobs like selling newspapers, distributing to earn money to help my mother make a living. Oh but I forgot to tell you! I also have strong arms that can throw a punch when required as I am trained in taekwando and I teach taekwando to small kids to make a living. Today I got a new job in "Pizza Delivery Hut" and its the first day of my job. Now my days will get busier.

I am ready wearing my black pants and grey shirt and black blazer and eating my breakfast when the phone started ringing.

"Hello??" Nandini asked in a questioning tone and the person on the other end of the line shouted back to her:

what hello? Do you want to get suspended on the first day of your job itself? Did U look at the clock? It's already 8 and I asked you to come here by 7 am.

"Shit! I'm late" Nandini thought as she stuffed the remaining piece of bread into her mouth as she mumbled "How can I forget the timing? I had to reach by 7.a.m. Now on the first day itself, he'll suspend me! What excuse will I make?"

Suddenly the person on the other side woke her up from the trance.

Person: Are you there still?

Nandini: Yes sir, I am...I am sorry... I had to teach Taekwando and so I got a bit late. I am coming in just 5 minutes. I request you, please sir don't fire me. This is my first day and I promise you, I will never late in my life again, please sir...forgive me

Person: You better be here in 5 minutes otherwise you will lose this job.

Nandini: Ye...

Before Nandini could complete her sentence, she heard the phone go cut on the other end.

Nandini placed the receiver on the cradle of the phone and rushed to her room to get her bag and noticed her mom busy sewing eyes onto a doll.

"Bye mom! Gotta rush now"

Her mom shouts from back to Nandini : Nanduuu you didn't drink anything. Tea is here. Drink it and go!

But Nandini didn't have time to listen to her mother and she had already rushed out to sit on her bike and wore her helmet as she accelerated her bike which took momentum, she didn't have a second to waste. She zoomed past traffic lights and broke a few traffic signals.

Pizza Delivery Hut

Nandini parked her bike on the parking lot as she got off her bike and took off her helmet. She put her keys into her pocket as she rushed into the building in front of her. There were people on the table chitchatting over some delicious pieces of pizza. She rarely got to eat pizza...it was always bread for her or nothing.

"U are again late" The boss in the cafe spoke to her in an angry tone distracting her from the pizzas that were so making her mouth water.

"Sorry sir...from now on..I won't be late." Nandini spoke in a voice that was almost like pleading.

"Today I'm letting U go! You know now don't you? You need to reach here early to start the work. Now get to work." The boss in his middle ages warned her as he gave her the next direction.

Boss: Nandini you must go and make pizza delivery of 12 pizzas in this address and to this particular address in Andheri, U need to deliver a single vegetable pizza with olives in it to this address and return by 12.30, ok?

Nandini:okay sir.

Nandini took the piece of paper from her boss and looked at it. One address is of an apartment and the other...whatever! She thought as she took the boxes of pizza lying on the counter and decked them in a plastic container. She took the container in one hand and the other single pizza in other hand and she strapped the boxes onto the back of her bike and started the bike.

The roads were once again filled with crowd and there were many cars that she had to over take and her target was to make all deliveries before 12.P.M! First time making a delivery and wonder how things will be? Nandini thought as she accelerated her bike towards her destination.

"Hey beautiful...how are you?" Manik crooned into his phone as he lay in his bath tub covered with soap as he rubbed his neck lightly.

"Manik...don't flatter me more and like seriously? you don't miss your mom?" Nyonika asked a slight frown on her face. "Don't you know beta..I miss you a lot"

"Yes my lovely..I miss you too and I just reached today morning and at my own apartment here. I am feeling all sweaty after the flight and I'll have a long bath and then come and meet you" Manik whispered sweetly with a smile on his face.

It's been just an hour since Manik landed up from U.S. and he was totally enjoying being in India. He missed being closer to his land and in life, you end up being lonely away from family.

Nandini parked her bike on the roadside as she looked at the address of the apartment and the name of the apartment is what is written on the paper. She saw the door open and walked into the room. She walked in with her helmet on and nobody was around and she entered a room and found herself amidst girls who were not fully dressed. One of them had come out from the bathroom just now draped in a towel and the other girl was lying on the bed in a white shirt and shorts and there were other girls who were not full dressed up. They were getting ready for office.

"Good morning!!!" Nandini called out in a slightly boyish voice and seeing this young man wearing a helmet in their room and looking at them half naked..all of them together started screaming and one of them ran into the bathroom, the other hid behind the table and the girl on the bed draped herself with the bedsheet.

One of them shouted: who are you? How dare you come inside like that? There's a door bell outside why didn't you ring it? Don't u have manners? Get out now itself?

One of the girls gathered up courage to push the young man with helmet and the others continued to watch as the girl started hitting him "Get out! Get out!!!"

Suddenly the person in the helmet shouted: "Stop!!!!!!!!!! I'm here for pizza delivery!!"

"Get out now itself. Men are not allowed inside!!"

I need my money for the pizza delivery!' Nandini shouted as she placed the box of pizzas on the table.

"Don't you have manners?? How can you get into our house without our permission and that too into our bedroom?" the girl in the towel shouted from the bathroom. "You came to deliver pizza and not even bothered to knock the door or ring the bell?? We'll complain to your boss!!"

"I'm not here to harass you!! I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Nandini shouted as she took her helmet off her head.

All the girls are shocked and said: what??

"Is she for real a girl??" they whispered among themselves as they looked at Nandini from top to bottom.

"Yes I am girl and my name is Nandini and I'm doing pizza delivery from Pizza Delivery Hut!!" Nandini said combing back her ruffled short hair.

"Now give me the money!! Please don't complain to my boss. It's my first day in job!"

The girls whispered among themselves "How can she dress up like a boy and wear helmet and enter a girl's apartment. Weird girl she is!"

Nandini didn't bother about the comments, she took the money from one of the girls and walked out of the apartment. "Weird they are..atleast they should not scream. It's not as if men here also have not seen girls naked or something. They always show half-naked girls on movie posters!" Nandini mumbled as she started her bike and her next destination is Malhotra Mansion.

Note : This is a collaboration FF...guys and we two friends have collaborated on this one. This FF is inspired by "Coffee Prince" and if you like this adaptation...we will continue more...for now...leaving this FF to you for your comments and hope you'll enjoy!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Š

Chapter 2 : Page 3

By- Vicky Singhalwal & Priakachan

Edited by V.P. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

V.P. thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago