Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
@shruthi,
I don't think jabali is an atheist. He believes in niraakar roop which lives in all of us, and he came across as a rationalist, more than anything
Edited by Arshics - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Arshics his line of questioning I understand he is a rationalist. But he wants proof. He needs to be given proof why someone become Poojaniye. Why some humans rise above others. But that song was what that confused me. Also I don't know much about him. I was only looking at how Ram will give this man the much needed proof, the reason for doing Poojas by his actions.
mnx12 thumbnail
Jabali follows materalistic path as the truth. He is actually challanging people to prove him wrong. He's found none till now. Thats why when he saw Ram, he stopped. He knows Ram is his hop, who can answer his questions.
Different thought pattern existed & survived well during those time. Example of Gargi, Yagyavalkya too shows this fact.
To me it seemed like Jabali is himself seeking truth & is waiting for someone to prove him wrong or show a strong perspective that he can see if not then join him.
Jagat satya Brhma mithya because Brhma is not visible to all. To see, experience Brhman, for him is only a step away in his Spiritual progress. Which he is desperately looking for.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Thanks Meena for more clarification. Yes he has to see Brahmam. Vision the most powerful sense has to experience Brahmam. And yes he will see Brahmam through Ram is my take. We also go to temple because we want to see God. We feel happy seeing the idols. Idols and photos are our way of experiencing god with our powerful sense of vision.
But the rituals and superstitions exploits this experience for selfish gains.
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Apparantly, the significance of Rama - Jabali convo., is when Rama decides to go on for Vanvas, refusing to hear Jabali's advise.

Feel., y/day's scene was just an introduction to the character of Jabali., the main scene is yet to play out @ the time of Vanvas.,( if they go as per Valmiki Ramayana).

Let's wait and watch. There's still a chance there, that nothing much of distortion will be shown. Hopefully !

But this scene of Sita going to ran bhoomi looks too far fetched.

Just not liking the taste of same. First time in the show, getting very un easy with any portrayal., which is devoid of any logic...looking at it from any which angle.

A/ways, all we have to do is wait and watch, how it will play out.

Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Yes Arshics his line of questioning I understand he is a rationalist. But he wants proof. He needs to be given proof why someone become Poojaniye. Why some humans rise above others. But that song was what that confused me. Also I don't know much about him. I was only looking at how Ram will give this man the much needed proof, the reason for doing Poojas by his actions.

Shruthi, I hope Rama gives him validation for his own beliefs and does not convert him. For both lines of thought have their own merits and can coexist.

It will be a tragedy if Rama converts jabali to become a conformist. As we can see that jabali is not really shunned by society, he has a large following and his style of questioning reminded me of Socrates. So I would like to see Rama Jabali interaction to be a discussion of equals and not conversion of jabali into a blind ram bhakt
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Jabali follows materalistic path as the truth. He is actually challanging people to prove him wrong. He's found none till now. Thats why when he saw Ram, he stopped. He knows Ram is his hop, who can answer his questions.
Different thought pattern existed & survived well during those time. Example of Gargi, Yagyavalkya too shows this fact.
To me it seemed like Jabali is himself seeking truth & is waiting for someone to prove him wrong or show a strong perspective that he can see if not then join him.
Jagat satya Brhma mithya because Brhma is not visible to all. To see, experience Brhman, for him is only a step away in his Spiritual progress. Which he is desperately looking for.

Beautifully said Minu, as I stated above in my reply to Shruthi, jabali reminded me of Socrates with his style of questioning. Questions that take you into an inward journey of thought, and that challenge our perceptions and thoughts and force us into examining mindsets.

I hope that ram jabali conversation when it happens is a discussion which provides some revelation to both of them.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Arshics I am also looking into that only. No blind bhakthi. But how in his line of thought itself he is given proof why someone rises above others. See Sanathana Dharma tells path may be different, but truth is one. So truth has to be seen in his path.
Jabali whatever I understood appears to be quite a knowledgable man and Meena's post further proves it.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Thanks Meena for more clarification. Yes he has to see Brahmam. Vision the most powerful sense has to experience Brahmam. And yes he will see Brahmam through Ram is my take. We also go to temple because we want to see God. We feel happy seeing the idols. Idols and photos are our way of experiencing god with our powerful sense of vision.

But the rituals and superstitions exploits this experience for selfish gains.

Shruthi there are those who go to temples to see God, there are those who see Him/Her in silence and solitude and there are those who see God in everyone and everything and do not need to go to temples.

All three are right and equally spiritual. I hope the show too promotes that and does not "convert" jabali
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Arshics in all the 3 forms the vision is experiencing God, but the visuals are different 😃. So in your path which visual represent God or God like, you have to identify that visual. For rational minds the most difficult part is to bring the visual logically connecting all dots.
Because only when we bring it to visual we can convince others of our path. And sometimes we need help in reaching this visual.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago