Episode 9 - Take Five

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi Friends,
Story wise today was almost a filler episode. We can expect some of these in the future also.

Before I write Top Five for today:

Please let me know if you any of you want to me to send a PM whenever I update the post?
I will be checking all your replies tomorrow, but there may be a delay in my replies. Sorry about that. I will be out the whole day tomorrow. But, I will read each and every reply.😊

Anyway, here is today's top five.

1) Superstitions: These are the irrational beliefs which has no basis. These are harmful to us and others around us. These could hurt the sentiments of some people. These are the anti-social elements.
Some of the examples of superstitions are "Cat crossing the road" , "Owls hooting" etc etc. Now, why will a cute little cat harm you? Or the Owl? Owl's in some cultures are respected and attributed as wise creatures.

This is a story I read in a small chapter in my high school Kannada language textbook. The chapter name was "MoodhaNambikegala Beedinalli" , meaning "In the land of Superstitions". I still remember this, even after more than 15 years (Yes,I am old!!! Deal with it people)

The story goes like this.
"Once in a house hold, a person died. His son conducted all the last rites and rituals with utmost faith and respect. He had a small cat as pet which used to run tame all around the house. It was the first ritual since he got the cat. Since the son did not want the cat to run around and create trouble while performing all the rituals, he tied it to a column inside the house.

So, whenever there was any function in the house, the cat was tied to the column, invariably. This went on for sometime.

Several years had passed, the cat and the son long gone. However, "tying the cat to the column" ritual stuck. So, whenever there was function in the family, the family members would go and hunt for a stray cat, tie it to the column, and once the function was over, they would release the cat to its original place."

Reflect on this guys.
2) Rules and Mother's love: Once again, the sons were not allowed to meet their mothers because they have to do some rituals for their ancestor who are not even alive. The love of the living and breathing mothers were sidelined.

3) Courage in the face of danger: A sister would face anything to save her sister from danger. This kind of love is admirable.

4) Acceptance: Always know that there will be people around you, who essentially need not have the same view point as yours. And they have every right to be. Love and accept everyone equally. Let there be no judgement. Remember that at the end of the day all of us are humans. Ram was one such person today.

5) Wishes and Destiny: A father wishes that he be always with his sons. But, destiny always has other plans. The son will go where his life takes him. We cannot hold our loved ones in a tight grip. We should let them be free.

Love
Kshithi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Love to read your take everyday. You describe the episode beautifully with you Take 5 everyday!!!!
All your 5 points are perfect. Today's episode raised so many questions.
Coming to the episode it was an OK episode. We got see a few things.
Loved the father and son reunion. It was a nice scene.

And the precap. Eager to know how Sita will turn the savior. An interesting track.

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Very nice take on today's episode. I am yet to watch it but love reading your take on each episode.
Loved the story you quoted from "MoodhaNambikegala Beedinalli"

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I don't get why they're separating mothers and sons even after Gurukul is over, nothing as such ever happened. Vasishta first brings the four brothers to Dashrath, and the queens join them not long after. Vasishta apologizes for not bringing the children to them first, saying Devi Arundhati, his wife, had told him to take the kids to their mothers first, but that he wanted to do his duty to the King first.

So there was no rule as such that the princes couldn't meet their mothers until every single ritual was over. The CVs really create some bizarre stories!
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hey kshithi..
Enjoy your take...
Interesting episode ...
toofaanfanfanfa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muggle_Diaries

Hi Friends,

Story wise today was almost a filler episode. We can expect some of these in the future also.

Before I write Top Five for today:

Please let me know if you any of you want to me to send a PM whenever I update the post?
I will be checking all your replies tomorrow, but there may be a delay in my replies. Sorry about that. I will be out the whole day tomorrow. But, I will read each and every reply.😊

Anyway, here is today's top five.

1) Superstitions: These are the irrational beliefs which has no basis. These are harmful to us and others around us. These could hurt the sentiments of some people. These are the anti-social elements.
Some of the examples of superstitions are "Cat crossing the road" , "Owls hooting" etc etc. Now, why will a cute little cat harm you? Or the Owl? Owl's in some cultures are respected and attributed as wise creatures.

This is a story I read in a small chapter in my high school Kannada language textbook. The chapter name was "MoodhaNambikegala Beedinalli" , meaning "In the land of Superstitions". I still remember this, even after more than 15 years (Yes,I am old!!! Deal with it people)

The story goes like this.
"Once in a house hold, a person died. His son conducted all the last rites and rituals with utmost faith and respect. He had a small cat as pet which used to run tame all around the house. It was the first ritual since he got the cat. Since the son did not want the cat to run around and create trouble while performing all the rituals, he tied it to a column inside the house.

So, whenever there was any function in the house, the cat was tied to the column, invariably. This went on for sometime.

Several years had passed, the cat and the son long gone. However, "tying the cat to the column" ritual stuck. So, whenever there was function in the family, the family members would go and hunt for a stray cat, tie it to the column, and once the function was over, they would release the cat to its original place."

Reflect on this guys.
2) Rules and Mother's love: Once again, the sons were not allowed to meet their mothers because they have to do some rituals for their ancestor who are not even alive. The love of the living and breathing mothers were sidelined.

3) Courage in the face of danger: A sister would face anything to save her sister from danger. This kind of love is admirable.

4) Acceptance: Always know that there will be people around you, who essentially need not have the same view point as yours. And they have every right to be. Love and accept everyone equally. Let there be no judgement. Remember that at the end of the day all of us are humans. Ram was one such person today.

5) Wishes and Destiny: A father wishes that he be always with his sons. But, destiny always has other plans. The son will go where his life takes him. We cannot hold our loved ones in a tight grip. We should let them be free.

Love
Kshithi

Hi Kshithi,lovely detalis again...
May I add a few more if you permit
I noticed Karuna in the eyes of Ram when he saw the commen men,specially the old ones,working in the city of Ayodhya
And positive outlook of King Janak...He suggested that if we have to interpret any happening we might as well see something positive in it😊

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Interesting five takes Kshithi😃
Nice episode⭐️
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Marvellous 👏
And I love how the examples you give, they really fit in well. I loved
all your points!
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Your takes are always fantastic. Would love a pm for ur posts.😊

Ayodhya scenes looked really grand . The teen Ram, though many feel has a likeness to Tiger Shroff, was very good today. His calm, smiling countenance was great to see. Loved the two group hugs...one with Sita and her sibling...the other Dashrath and his sons.
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

I don't get why they're separating mothers and sons even after Gurukul is over, nothing as such ever happened. Vasishta first brings the four brothers to Dashrath, and the queens join them not long after. Vasishta apologizes for not bringing the children to them first, saying Devi Arundhati, his wife, had told him to take the kids to their mothers first, but that he wanted to do his duty to the King first.

So there was no rule as such that the princes couldn't meet their mothers until every single ritual was over. The CVs really create some bizarre stories!

No, I have read it earlier also that when ever a king or prince of Ayodhya go out of their capital for few days, on returning, they are supposed to visit the memorial house and pay their tribute to their forefathers before entering the city. This Ashram was located on the out skirts of Ayodhya and on the Banks of River Sarayu. In those days, if someone was out on a war or for studies, the death news of the family members never used to be sent to them and they had to face that in that Smriti bhavan on seeing the statue of the deceased only. It is to take the blessing of teh forefather's who are on heavenly abode even before their elders on earth. That's how Bharath and Shathrughan got their shock of life when they saw their father Dashrath's statue in the Smriti bhavan after their return from Kaikeya (Bhatrath's grand parents home).

Even when king Dashrath died, the news of his death was not communicated to Bharat & Shathrugan who were visiting their grand parents along with their wives. (that is how the shrap of Sravan's parents to Dashrath fulfilled, I mean None of his children were with him during his death.) Even Ram's exile from the palace for 14 years was unknown to Bharath till he reached Ayodhya.
Edited by deejagi - 8 years ago