Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Yes, the first season felt like watching a real family go through their lives. This seems more made up. The drama quotient is certainly higher than I would like.

Yes, the comparison was bound to. Kids hate being compared to kids. That's a natural human tendency. Even the mums wouldn't like if the kids always kept going on about how good a mom the other lady is. She could let them get familiar and maybe they would get along. But forcing to be friends isn't gonna work, it actually backfired.

Nikki and Suri seems a lot like Sweety in a way. They tell they realise and understand but keep thinking and doing what they want..😆 I miss PV1. The families were really entertaining and seemed so real.
441597 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Finally did a marathon and watched all 5 episodes in one go.

I agree with others, I just don't feel a connection with the characters like I felt in season 1. Those families and situations just seemed real. This time it seems more dramatic, situations forced, and acting not that natural. Hoping that it gets better over time.

It's all a way of thinking and people get too caught up on being modern or traditional. I mean just let your kids be. Nikki would be after Ria for no reason sometimes and it is bound to irritate your kid. And Surinder does the same in few things. I mean make your kid confident by all means, but what has being modern got to do with that? Can't you be modern wearing Indian attire? The kid has just arrived in the city, such clothes aren't familiar to her. Let her be here for a while and seeing everyone around her in such clothes will lead her to being comfortable in those. People readily accept things when they see everyone around doing it. But no, she has to make her wear it on the first dinner there, that too such a tight one that we have buttons flying around.

Same thing with Nikki. Let Ria wear what she is comfortable in. She is a good kid, helps people. Wearing a salwar kameez isn't gonna change that. She doesn't like those clothes, that's just not her. So let her be her. Teach your kids right and wrong by all means, it was right when they talked to her about scaring Jassi because that was quite a shameful thing she did. But don't try to make your kid traditional by dictating what they wear.

The problem I see is both mums are taking their experiences as a benchmark and putting their wishes on their kids. Suri got left behind in village so she wants the kid modern. Nikki did some mistakes in life and has got overprotective. Well, don't do that. The same thing isn't gonna happen to the kids. Let them gain an understanding of the world, chide them when they do wrong and let them develop on their own. Stop defining modern and traditional and trying to fit your kid inside a tag.

It's probably a bit late to chime in, but hello anyways. 😆

Just wanted to say that I agree with the part in bold. In Season One, the characters and inter-personal dynamics were very real and relatable. At times, watchers felt like they were watching a part of their own lives and daily interactions onscreen.

Not so this time. The 'problems',like Freethinker has pointed out, don't look something that most real people would bother with. Nikki's over protectiveness is still believable, but a woman forcing her traditional daughter to doll up and preen herself--nah, not likely. Nobody I've ever known has associated modernity with confidence.

And lastly, 'modern' and 'traditional' are not water-tight categories that come with set definitions. Somebody may be traditional in their choice of clothing, but modern as far as their take and opinion on things go. The reverse may be just as true.
Edited by krystal_watz - 8 years ago
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

It's probably a bit late to chime in, but hello anyways. 😆

Der aaye par durust aaye. 😆 Anyways there is no activity, so we welcome latecomers also. 😛

And lastly, 'modern' and 'traditional' are not water-tight categories that come with set definitions. Somebody may be traditional in their choice of clothing, but modern as far as their take and opinion on things go. The reverse may be just as true.

Exactly, being modern actually means more acceptance of personal liberty and traditional is being set in certain constraints. So making fun of eastern attire seems more obnoxious than being 'traditional', and is definitely not 'modern' in my dictionary.
Edited by Freethinker112 - 8 years ago
441597 thumbnail
Btw Freethinker, good to see you back on IF. You were on a hiatus I assume.
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Btw Freethinker, good to see you back on IF. You were on a hiatus I assume.

Yeah, real life has got busy.