Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjaliPunia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
BTW how many posts would I need to get promoted :)
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AnjaliPunia

well financial differences concern me. S1 too had it As far as I remember With the elder being prosper because of good family prperty business n younger 's husband a bank job
but they were sister n somewhat on an equal footing
I m apprehensive about two friends
while one is reminiscing at a point she is ahead n now other one the other is regretting that move
let's see how this unfolds

Hey!

I felt Surinder is more concerned with the way her daughter could cope with modern world. I felt Kulwinder is more concerned by their financial status.

Raj and Nikki seems comfortable with their well being, doesn't seem to be head weighted.

Friends is concerning me too...I don't really want to see family fights and snide comments like that of Bebe. I remember Bebe from Season 1😆

As for the posts...You have to reach 5000 to become a rockerz.
Teogapi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
ye one more show to discuss...catching up with the epis now...
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This is a day late but whatever LOL.

I think Surinder is definitely insecure about herself/ her standing. It's obvious that she's really impressed by Nikki's house and family. I think she's accepted that she ended up with what she did, but she wants her daughter to have more opportunities, more choices than she had. It's kinda clear when you contrast the couple too. Kulwinder is totally cool with the way his life is continuing and thinks their daughter is perfectly fine where she is. While he's not wrong, I also don't think Surinder is wrong? Her methods may not be the best, but at the end of the day, in her own way, she is trying to make Jassi more confident. She's putting Jassi out of her comfort zone and trying to help her to adapt. It's almost like tough love.

Sidenote, was it just me, or was Kulwinder really taken aback/ unhappy with the fact that Surinder knew Nikki husband (well not Nikki's real husband, but Nikki's pind boyfriend LOL)? And he also seemed really unhappy with the mingling of the families?

And speaking of Nikki, do you think maybe there could be like a ViVa backstory there too? 😆 Like her boyfriend ditched her eventually? That's why she's so careful with Ria? I wished they talk deeper about Nikki's fears for Ria. I liked how they began.

And honestly, I hope this season, we actually have some father-kid conflict. It kinda gets annoying just to see the mother-kid conflict. I feel like, as much as I liked PV1, there was a lot of Sweety-kids conflict LOL. I feel like we might get a Rocky vs Sweety all over again with Ria vs Nikki. And I don't wanna see that haha.

And I think you have a good point with the whole episode having things crammed in. They could definitely go a bit lighter.

Anyways, so excited for these MOTD posts Shwetha! I've really missed them!
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

This is a day late but whatever LOL.

I think Surinder is definitely insecure about herself/ her standing. It's obvious that she's really impressed by Nikki's house and family. I think she's accepted that she ended up with what she did, but she wants her daughter to have more opportunities, more choices than she had. It's kinda clear when you contrast the couple too. Kulwinder is totally cool with the way his life is continuing and thinks their daughter is perfectly fine where she is. While he's not wrong, I also don't think Surinder is wrong? Her methods may not be the best, but at the end of the day, in her own way, she is trying to make Jassi more confident. She's putting Jassi out of her comfort zone and trying to help her to adapt. It's almost like tough love.

Sidenote, was it just me, or was Kulwinder really taken aback/ unhappy with the fact that Surinder knew Nikki husband (well not Nikki's real husband, but Nikki's pind boyfriend LOL)? And he also seemed really unhappy with the mingling of the families?

And speaking of Nikki, do you think maybe there could be like a ViVa backstory there too? 😆 Like her boyfriend ditched her eventually? That's why she's so careful with Ria? I wished they talk deeper about Nikki's fears for Ria. I liked how they began.

And honestly, I hope this season, we actually have some father-kid conflict. It kinda gets annoying just to see the mother-kid conflict. I feel like, as much as I liked PV1, there was a lot of Sweety-kids conflict LOL. I feel like we might get a Rocky vs Sweety all over again with Ria vs Nikki. And I don't wanna see that haha.

And I think you have a good point with the whole episode having things crammed in. They could definitely go a bit lighter.

Anyways, so excited for these MOTD posts Shwetha! I've really missed them!

I am still not very clear about Jassi-Suri actually. Jassi is 16. Yes. She is innocent and timid. Not confident. But she is intelligent. She would definitely have some aim in life right? I feel Suri has to focus on that more and try to make Jassi gain confidence in that. Jassi needs self confidence and not training in new skills, does she? Jassi has to realise that what she is, she is really good. Trying to want to make her like Ria would mean to Jassi that she is nothing.

I think Kulwinder in a way has some inferiority complex or just dislikes high society. Raj is very outspoken and has a sense of humor which might not go well with everyone.

You aer still sticking with ViVa aren't you? 😆😆

We did have a little father-son conflict between Lucky and Rocky but yes I would love to see that here too. Jogi seems too careless to have any serious thoughts I feel.
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Self-confidence comes from being confident of who one is; whether traditional or modern or whatever interests they have; and not from trying to become something else. And this is what Suri needs to understand. And maybe this is why Jassi lacks self-confidence; maybe the fact that she is not able to reach upto her mother's expectations are indirectly making her less confident. I kind of feel bad for Jassi especially when she was made to wear clothes she is not comfortable in. And now the comparisons with Riya will damage her confidence all the more.
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: S.Stephy

Self-confidence comes from being confident of who one is; whether traditional or modern or whatever interests they have; and not from trying to become something else. And this is what Suri needs to understand. And maybe this is why Jassi lacks self-confidence; maybe the fact that she is not able to reach upto her mother's expectations are indirectly making her less confident. I kind of feel bad for Jassi especially when she was made to wear clothes she is not comfortable in. And now the comparisons with Riya will damage her confidence all the more.

Exactly. Suri is building castles in air. She is yet to see what Jassi is good at and try to instill confidence in that area. Pushing her into a zone which terrifies her could actually backfire. Kids of that age can behave drastically in any extremes. Jassi seems a quiet girl and even if someone bullies her she isn't someone who would go and express it directly.

It's going to be bad time for Ria too. Nikki has openly started comparing her with Jassi, wants her to be like Jassi. Ria is fine according to me. May be a little more respectful and a little turning down on the socializing ones...But she is Ok. She behaves well...she is helpful and needs the right guidance. Nikki is hell bent on proving Jassi is better and Ria has to learn from her. Ria was definitely not going to like it and that was shown in her reaction.
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Finally did a marathon and watched all 5 episodes in one go.

I agree with others, I just don't feel a connection with the characters like I felt in season 1. Those families and situations just seemed real. This time it seems more dramatic, situations forced, and acting not that natural. Hoping that it gets better over time.

It's all a way of thinking and people get too caught up on being modern or traditional. I mean just let your kids be. Nikki would be after Ria for no reason sometimes and it is bound to irritate your kid. And Surinder does the same in few things. I mean make your kid confident by all means, but what has being modern got to do with that? Can't you be modern wearing Indian attire? The kid has just arrived in the city, such clothes aren't familiar to her. Let her be here for a while and seeing everyone around her in such clothes will lead her to being comfortable in those. People readily accept things when they see everyone around doing it. But no, she has to make her wear it on the first dinner there, that too such a tight one that we have buttons flying around.

Same thing with Nikki. Let Ria wear what she is comfortable in. She is a good kid, helps people. Wearing a salwar kameez isn't gonna change that. She doesn't like those clothes, that's just not her. So let her be her. Teach your kids right and wrong by all means, it was right when they talked to her about scaring Jassi because that was quite a shameful thing she did. But don't try to make your kid traditional by dictating what they wear.

The problem I see is both mums are taking their experiences as a benchmark and putting their wishes on their kids. Suri got left behind in village so she wants the kid modern. Nikki did some mistakes in life and has got overprotective. Well, don't do that. The same thing isn't gonna happen to the kids. Let them gain an understanding of the world, chide them when they do wrong and let them develop on their own. Stop defining modern and traditional and trying to fit your kid inside a tag.
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Finally did a marathon and watched all 5 episodes in one go.

I agree with others, I just don't feel a connection with the characters like I felt in season 1. Those families and situations just seemed real. This time it seems more dramatic, situations forced, and acting not that natural. Hoping that it gets better over time.

It's all a way of thinking and people get too caught up on being modern or traditional. I mean just let your kids be. Nikki would be after Ria for no reason sometimes and it is bound to irritate your kid. And Surinder does the same in few things. I mean make your kid confident by all means, but what has being modern got to do with that? Can't you be modern wearing Indian attire? The kid has just arrived in the city, such clothes aren't familiar to her. Let her be here for a while and seeing everyone around her in such clothes will lead her to being comfortable in those. People readily accept things when they see everyone around doing it. But no, she has to make her wear it on the first dinner there, that too such a tight one that we have buttons flying around.

Same thing with Nikki. Let Ria wear what she is comfortable in. She is a good kid, helps people. Wearing a salwar kameez isn't gonna change that. She doesn't like those clothes, that's just not her. So let her be her. Teach your kids right and wrong by all means, it was right when they talked to her about scaring Jassi because that was quite a shameful thing she did. But don't try to make your kid traditional by dictating what they wear.

The problem I see is both mums are taking their experiences as a benchmark and putting their wishes on their kids. Suri got left behind in village so she wants the kid modern. Nikki did some mistakes in life and has got overprotective. Well, don't do that. The same thing isn't gonna happen to the kids. Let them gain an understanding of the world, chide them when they do wrong and let them develop on their own. Stop defining modern and traditional and trying to fit your kid inside a tag.

Can't agree more on disconnection. Even the setting looks a "setting".

@bold Nicely put and that's what is exactly happening. In addition, Nikki wants Ria to be like Jassi and Suri wants Jassi to be like Ria...This would actually create a rift between the girls, which did happen.
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

Can't agree more on disconnection. Even the setting looks a "setting".

@bold Nicely put and that's what is exactly happening. In addition, Nikki wants Ria to be like Jassi and Suri wants Jassi to be like Ria...This would actually create a rift between the girls, which did happen.

Yes, the first season felt like watching a real family go through their lives. This seems more made up. The drama quotient is certainly higher than I would like.

Yes, the comparison was bound to. Kids hate being compared to kids. That's a natural human tendency. Even the mums wouldn't like if the kids always kept going on about how good a mom the other lady is. She could let them get familiar and maybe they would get along. But forcing to be friends isn't gonna work, it actually backfired.