Why aren't Sita and her sisters wearing bindi?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
I can ignore the modern gagra cholis that they're giving Sita and her sisters, and I can ignore the loose hair since they're still kids, but how can the CVs forget something so important as a bindi on the girl? They may still be children, but every female in those days, whether a baby or a grown woman, had a bindi on her forehead. The significance of a bindi is very important, and even today many women still wear it. I find it hard to believe that Rani Sunaina would let the girls leave the house improperly attired.

The significance of the bindi is such; the area between the eyebrows (where the bindi is placed) is said to be the sixth chakra, the seat of "concealed wisdom". The bindi is said to retain energy and strengthen concentration. The bindi also represents the third eye of Hinduism.

Not just women, but even men wore bindis (or tilak) in those days. They are showing Ram with tilak, why not Sita with a bindi? Since it represents wisdom, I would expect her of all people to have a bindi.
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jayvenk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So glad somebody voiced. The bindi or kumkum applied in-between the brows is very important.
Their clothes and plasticy flowers are out of sync.
But accepted since the story is going well written so far.
But bindi was part of female attire not just as shringar.
Edited by jayvenk - 8 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
While I find the show very well written and much above the run of the mill fare, I agree with you on the look of the characters.
It just doesn't gel with the era it is presenting.

the costume jewellery of the ranis, the modern cuts of their blouses and the absence of tilaks and bindis do take away from the experience of Ramayana.

And of course, it's a bit too contemporary in its thinking too - so I guess we have to watch this show with a bit of reservation
Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I was under the impression that girls wear bindi after they are married not before...in North we don't wear a bindi until we get married.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: NavyaKavya30

I was under the impression that girls wear bindi after they are married not before...in North we don't wear a bindi until we get married.

Back in the ancient era of Ramayan and Mahabharat, there was no such thing as North India vs. South India. The entire land was cut up into different kingdoms, but the overall customs and traditions were the same, especially when it came to women's shringaar. Wearing a bindi was a must for all women, girls and older ladies alike. In fact, it was considered extremely inauspicious not to wear bindi. Forget women, even men wore long tilak on their forehead. It wasn't something restricted to just women. For all Hindus, wearing tilak/bindi in-between the eyebrows is a sign of auspiciousness and wisdom.

Today, these differences in customs erupted all over the place, but back in the ancient era, they followed the customs as per the Vedas and Upanishads, which were same for everyone.
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
di its a modern story telling with broken links
so dont expect these things that they will show
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
In these pictures in particular, Sita and her sisters don't look like their characters at all. They look like typical modern kids attempting to play dress-up. Me and my friends could look more princessy if we tried, lol.

..sahana.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Any complaints, compliments, or suggestions regarding costumes/styling, please tweet to @NNeerushaa as she is open to feedback. Neerushaa is the costume designer for the show.

Edited by ..sahana.. - 8 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ..sahana..

Any complaints, compliments, or suggestions regarding costumes/styling, please tweet to @NNeerushaa as she is open to feedback. Neerushaa is the costume designer for the show.

Here her reply for one of the fans😉

@NNeerushaa have been most impressed by the attires...Young Sitaz outfits look too ordinary 2 some reverened critics...your opinion?

NEERUSHAA NIKHAT @NNeerushaa

I will consider that too .. And try to glimpse up .. As the show is all about the viewer

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Mano @NiloPriya

@NNeerushaa do u decide on hair-styling of the characters too?

@NiloPriya hair Makup jewellery footwear Armor clothes all design by me ..

Mano @NiloPriya

@NNeerushaa I am just saying mine and many other views.I love all costumes but just one suggestion 1/2

Mano @NiloPriya

NNeerushaa Many of us feel Sita nd her sisters hairdo looks very contemporary and also a Bindi would do great for the sisters.Thank u 2/2

@NiloPriya will surely think about it .. Thnaku

Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago