Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: maniwood

Seriously this ott is very frustrating
Agree with you if punjabi family wasn't there then comparison would have been less 😆

And to see a different culture would have been nice too...Like one Punjabi and another Gujarati or somthing...and how there are difference in parenting according to culture also.
maniwood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

And to see a different culture would have been nice too...Like one Punjabi and another Gujarati or somthing...and how there are difference in parenting according to culture also.

tamil telgu bengali up type itna kuch hai why punjabi 😆
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I agree to those who are saying that PV2 is not upto the mark. I was an ardent viewer of PV1 and honestly I loved it. The show was so sensible and well-handled. Right from day one we saw the theme of parenting brought into picture wen Raavi locked herself in bedroom. But here we see more of conflicts between the elders. Be it Jassi's parents or the conflicts of their family with a scheming MIL. On the other hand Nikki and her hubby seem to be in a state of disconnect. They don't behave as parents but as lovers/couple. I miss the kind of parental chemistry the earlier cast had. It really looked like those were their kids but here that chemistry between the parents and kids is missing. Its all too OTT.
Apart from that I really miss the humor quotient...afterall who can match the great luckyjee 😆 And I miss the cool grand-dad too. The bonding between Pinky and sweety was so effortless but here I dont feel any connect. I mean these days no one forces their families or kids on their friends children like this. Every mom understands that just because they are her friends doesnt mean the kids will to socialize so the best friends thing isnt really working out. They could have shown Surinder-Nikki to be estranged cousins who were very close.

All in all the characters are surely not well-defined and relatable like PV1...rest the numbers shall tell.
441597 thumbnail
The first Season was EONS better. This was a complete letdown by comparison. That 'slice-of-life' feel is nowhere.
Edited by krystal_watz - 8 years ago
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
What's not?

While she is looking extremely pretty, Sangeeta Ghosh has gone a little overboard doing the Punjabi housewife bit in the first episode. Gautami Kapoor is comparatively restrained. The situation in which the two meet might come across as too much of a coincidence for some viewers. Also, Sangeeta's character Surinder is that of a mother who is ambitious and not at all over-protective. However, the manner in which it is explored in the first episode might not find resonance with many moms.

👏