Parvarrish Season 2 TV Review - Bollywoodlife

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
The first episode sets the tone for the series, which is a take on friendship and parenting in an urban city

After a much-appreciated first season, Deeya and Tony Singh are back with the second season of Parvarrish. While the first season dealt with parenting issues faced by two sisters this season talks about two friends who reunite after many years in Delhi when one of them comes to live in the same colony. They are both mothers but placed in different positions in life. As per the makers, the theme of second two is that parenting is a continuous learning process and focuses on teenage children.

What is it about?

Surinder (Sangeeta Ghosh) moves from Amritsar to Delhi to provide a better life to her kids, Jassi and Jogi. She is accompanied by her husband Kulvinder, (Sandeep Baswana) and supportive in-laws. They are a regular middle class family with aspirations regarding their children. Her daughter Jassi is a shy teenager while son, Jogi is a regular adolescent lost in his own world. In Delhi, she meets her old friend, Nikki (Gautami Kapoor) who is an affluent working woman. The two women revive their friendship and discuss issues including parenting. Nikki is anxious as her daughter Riya is a regular teenager, who does not listen to her mother and feels the peer pressure common in metro cities. What the two mothers learn from one another drives the show. It also focuses on the friendship between the two.

What's hot?

Coming from a production house that believes in sensibility, Parvarrish 2 lives up to its expectations as far as realism is concerned. So, we don't have any extra frills like background music, close up camera angles and melodrama that characterizes the opening sequence of most of the shows. The characters are highly relatable. The writing, the Punjabi bit is authentic and has a very conversational quality. It is clearly visible that the actors have been chosen with care. From Sangeeta Ghosh to the child artistes, they have chosen actors to suit the parts. The first episode establishes the personalities of the leading protagonists to the tee.

What's not?

While she is looking extremely pretty, Sangeeta Ghosh has gone a little overboard doing the Punjabi housewife bit in the first episode. Gautami Kapoor is comparatively restrained. The situation in which the two meet might come across as too much of a coincidence for some viewers. Also, Sangeeta's character Surinder is that of a mother who is ambitious and not at all over-protective. However, the manner in which it is explored in the first episode might not find resonance with many moms.

What to do?

Parvarrish Season 2 is meant for those who like a dash of realism on TV. If you love the larger-than-life projection on the idiot box, it might be your cup of tea. The first episode is as per the concept promised by the makers. Going by that, Parvarrish 2 might be the dose of sensible viewing you were craving for.

Rating: 3.0 out of 5

Link :-
Edited by -Swetha- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing...😊
Had to disagree a little with the article...But again...A very good start. Hoping it maintains and sticks to the theme.
diyah_us thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

Thanks for sharing...😊

Had to disagree a little with the article...But again...A very good start. Hoping it maintains and sticks to the theme.

oh shwets u r back. i was thinking that u would be back on this forum as you loved
the parvarish season 1πŸ˜›. i didnt watch the first episode but do plan to watch today😊
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: diyah_us

oh shwets u r back. i was thinking that u would be back on this forum as you loved
the parvarish season 1πŸ˜›. i didnt watch the first episode but do plan to watch today😊

Hey!!!!
Good to see you here. Looking forward to discuss the show with you.
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hey thanks for sharing!
Liked the first episode! It was nice and looked real.
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing. A nice start!!!!
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I feel like I'm the only one pretty disappointed with the show. While I think some of the issues raised within the show (Surinder dialogue about wanting better life for her daughter and Nikki reflecting on her worries for Ria) are absolutely amazing and exciting, I don't think they're reaching their full impact. I have a couple of beefs with the show so far LOL:

1. Acting is not up to mark. Unlike in PV1 where the acting clicked immediately, Surinder and Nikki do not come across as real as Sweety and Pinky. It feels like the two are acting. Same with Jassi. Instead of feeling sorry for her in the jeans scenes, I just felt annoyed with her (sorry for stealing your line Shwets LOL).

2. The costume, especially Nikki's are too overdone. The fluffy hairstyle doesn't suit Gautami. She can't pull it off -- it makes her small face look even smaller. And the clothing is kinda weird too. I think Surinder looks a bit better in that aspect. But even then, nothing close to the realistic feel of Sweety's clothing.

3. The parent actors look too young -- especially Sangeetha Ghosh. The one playing her daughter and son look like they could play her sister and brother respectively LOL. Especially the son. He does not look like a teenager like Rocky did, he straight up looks like a young adult. An older looking actress would've looked better. Frick, in her own previous show, the guy playing Sangeetha's character's brother looked younger than the guy playing her son πŸ˜† And I think Gautami's makeup has been done to highlight her age/ dark circles? Either way, very unflattering.

4. The punjabi accent. I'm actually punjabi and the accent drives me mad in this show LOL. It does not at all feel authentic, it feels forced. Sweety looked like an absolute natural when it came to injecting some punjabi words into her speech. Not getting the same feeling from Surinder and to an extent with Kulwinder. All the words are too over-pronounced. The true mark of a native speaker is the slang/ slurring of some words. Whenever someone pronounces all words perfectly, you know they are not a natural πŸ˜†

5. Not sure about the grey grandma introduced. I think it'll definitely add an interseting aspect to the show, but I'm worried it might end up like Sweety-Biji track LOL.

I guess my main problem is that it's not at the standard PV1 was. That said, there seems like there;s some good stuff planned for this season and I'll probably continuing watching. 😊

maniwood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

I feel like I'm the only one pretty disappointed with the show. While I think some of the issues raised within the show (Surinder dialogue about wanting better life for her daughter and Nikki reflecting on her worries for Ria) are absolutely amazing and exciting, I don't think they're reaching their full impact. I have a couple of beefs with the show so far LOL:

1. Acting is not up to mark. Unlike in PV1 where the acting clicked immediately, Surinder and Nikki do not come across as real as Sweety and Pinky. It feels like the two are acting. Same with Jassi. Instead of feeling sorry for her in the jeans scenes, I just felt annoyed with her (sorry for stealing your line Shwets LOL).

2. The costume, especially Nikki's are too overdone. The fluffy hairstyle doesn't suit Gautami. She can't pull it off -- it makes her small face look even smaller. And the clothing is kinda weird too. I think Surinder looks a bit better in that aspect. But even then, nothing close to the realistic feel of Sweety's clothing.

3. The parent actors look too young -- especially Sangeetha Ghosh. The one playing her daughter and son look like they could play her sister and brother respectively LOL. Especially the son. He does not look like a teenager like Rocky did, he straight up looks like a young adult. An older looking actress would've looked better. Frick, in her own previous show, the guy playing Sangeetha's character's brother looked younger than the guy playing her son πŸ˜† And I think Gautami's makeup has been done to highlight her age/ dark circles? Either way, very unflattering.

4. The punjabi accent. I'm actually punjabi and the accent drives me mad in this show LOL. It does not at all feel authentic, it feels forced. Sweety looked like an absolute natural when it came to injecting some punjabi words into her speech. Not getting the same feeling from Surinder and to an extent with Kulwinder. All the words are too over-pronounced. The true mark of a native speaker is the slang/ slurring of some words. Whenever someone pronounces all words perfectly, you know they are not a natural πŸ˜†

5. Not sure about the grey grandma introduced. I think it'll definitely add an interseting aspect to the show, but I'm worried it might end up like Sweety-Biji track LOL.

I guess my main problem is that it's not at the standard PV1 was. That said, there seems like there;s some good stuff planned for this season and I'll probably continuing watching. 😊

No you are not alone
Show is highly disappointing if compared to pv1
Regarding the acting part... I think will with time fit into the character
And it's the only show we can discuss on to dekhna padega πŸ˜†
Shwets1502 thumbnail
I think Season 1 has set a very high standard and it's very difficult to equal that. I wish they had kept things simpler. I wish the families weren't Punjabi.
maniwood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

I think Season 1 has set a very high standard and it's very difficult to equal that. I wish they had kept things simpler. I wish the families weren't Punjabi.

Seriously this ott is very frustrating
Agree with you if punjabi family wasn't there then comparison would have been less πŸ˜†