Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: varshu27

A round of applause for this beautiful post of urs.👏

The show has been a revelation so far...and for someone like me, who is not steeped in mythology to debate if the scenes shown are true or not, the show has been fantastic...loving the subtle acting from the cast...and the outdoor scenes are as good as any top class movie. The pace has been wonderful too. Cannot wait for next week's episodes.

Thank you dear, and you are right, even if the writers are taking some creative liberties, they are opening our minds and giving us such beautiful perspectives on the world, that it is a privilege to see this show.

And if Sita retains the essence of being an intelligent independent spirited woman, we will all get something new from this show.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: NEIRAlover

A very beautiful post<3 Wonderful!!!!

An awesome episode to end the week.

The Gyan Sabha was the best part of the episode. The actress who played Gargi nailed it<3

Best episode of the week!!!!

True, it was the best epi, and a great way to end week 1. Gargi looked the part, of an intelligent graceful and beautiful woman.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Arshcis yesterday's epi was a beauty. Not to be missed. I loved the way Vashisth explained Knowledge to Ram. Till you get the knowledge that liberates you, always be a seeker. Isnt that true. our schools and colleges lay the foundation for getting the knowledge, or start the thirst of knowledge in us. But it is the life that teaches us the application of knowledge. It is the life situation and the way we react to it gives us more knowledge and no wonder it is said that every minute we learn something.

Same is the case with Love and Truth. Both are liberating forces, but if they are not then we do not have the right knowledge about them. It again asks us point inward than outward for the inadequacies we are facing.

Another aspect they showed yesterday was how a person with true knowledge behave through yagnavalkya. Sunaina says Gargi questions and her questions can anger any rishi. Why should a question anger someone. There can be 2 reasons, either they dont know the answer and their ego is hurt, 2nd they dont want to give the answer as the answer will be in conflict with the action they are doing. So to cover up their intentions they put the blame on the person asking question. And questioning is discouraged so that the set rules are not affected or set power systems doesnt change.

But look at Yagyavalkya he answered Gargi's questions with pleasantness. He didnt disrespect any question she asked.

And it is to give credit to Gargi also that she accepted defeat with humility in front of Yagyavalkya's knowledge. I had put in some other post also. We have the right to question. But it should not be to blame or belittle another person, but to gain knowledge. And if we get what we want we have to appreciate the person who gave us that piece of knowledge. Bowing in front of knowledge is never a defeat, but the mark of a true seeker of knowledge. That's why I liked when Sita says it is difficult to accept defeat.

I think what we saw did represent the difference between true gyan and bookish knowledge.

As you said, only they who are lacking in something will resent questions. True gyanis are humble and share their ideas for the love of learning and not to show down or belittle anyone.

They are also true to bow down to other gurus!

Again very beautiful post from you Shruthi, the way you bring out the hidden and unstated in every episode, is a learning. Experience.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Seems I many missed Saturday episode
An beautiful episode it was
Loved ur take😃😃
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Seems I many missed Saturday episode

An beautiful episode it was