Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thanks Mod for granted permission to conduct this thread as DT.

Guys.Mod gave permission to run this DT to discuss only quotes not episodes.

Rules

This DT based on Ramayana, not on Siya Ke Ram. So please don't make posts about show and cast.

Not only about Valmiki Ramayana, anyone may share facts, quotes about Any Ramayana(I mean Valmiki's,Tulasi Das',Kambar's). But please don't bring topics about other mythological works (MB,puranas,etc..) unnecessarily.

This DT about Mythological work. So we may have unending debate about our povs. So please try the best to keep forum codes.

Thank you,
Edited by iDea-yeS-viruS - 8 years ago
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

After giving away a first-class elephant, who will work out his mind on a rope with which it is tied? What use is there for him through attachment to the rope after abandaning the excellent elephant?
I forsaken the opportunity to become King for entire kingdom. So what pleasure I'm gonna get by royal lifestyle?

Ram words to Dhasarath when chief minister suggested few Royal assets(including a small army) to
accompany Ram

Some ttimes people will forget what is the real happiness. At Ramayana, Kaikeyi got boon from Dhasarath that Ram to wear typical saints attire. But she didn't suggest anything about His life style to Dhasarath. So if Ram lived luxurious life at forest, it wouldn't be wrong. May be Ram could've thought like this, it would easy enough to spend life at forest using Royal companion. But if he had become King, He could've rule life more luxurious and happy.if that was case, he wouldn't obey Dhasarath vows.

After years rolled, people will realize the rope that loved had no use.If Ram allowed Royal team with him, let assume possibilities.
Bharath would've show lazy to visit Ram because he knows his beloved Ram brother not suffering in forest. He would've become King half heart. Other side Ram Sita would've missed beautiful gyans from Maharishis. Ravana couldn't abduct Sita.After 14 years, who know there would've been war between two brothers who filled with lust over Royal life.

@Ramya I think Dhasarath love over Ram also execution last two quotes.
Acc to Ramayana, Dhasarath ruled 1000 yyears but Ram went exile at his 25+ . so I can understand Dhasarath how much waited for his first son.probably, When Dhasarath heard Ram's birth, he would've been so much happy. When Ram's qualities exposed, his love would've become pride/ego.Look at me,I'm having unmatchable ideal son.his love would have become attachment. as said before, he couldn't get over his pride.

On other hand,look at Dhasarath. He was Suryavanshi. He ruled 1000 years without mistake. He learned and practiced Dharma very well. He was eligible for Moksha. About Kaikeyi boons,as a father ,he ordering Ram to go exile and as a King , he giving Kingdom to eligible person who having proper morals to rule. He was no fault here also. He would've been happily facing Death but he couldn't get over his attachment that's why he died with so much grief.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Susee: Very nice quote. This shows that even kaikeyi was not turned complete inhuman at that time. Her state was that bharath should get the throne and Ram should not be hurdle in that. So she too had her over love for her son Bharath just like dhasarath. Why she was not seen as someone like dhasarath?
Yes, I understand about the attachment of dhasarath towards Ram over other sons. Thank u for the explanation.

What was the actual state of mind of both kaushalya and sumitra? For no promise, lakshman also went with Ram. Why Dhasarath failed to acknowledge the brothers and mothers love? As u said, even though he knew dharma, I feel he failed to put it in action. So more than the curse, he died for not maintaining the dharma. (I can be corrected if wrong)
Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 8 years ago
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

@Ramya I think Ramayana adaptations highly butchered Kaikeyi character. In Valmiki Ramayana,Kaikeyi loved Ram more than her biological son,vice versa.
Kaikeyi was wise, bbeautiful,etc. She was an excellent woman. When Kaikeyi got to Know about Ram's coronation, she rejoiced much.She donated her luxurious jewels to Manthra.But Manthra only poisoned her mind that she won't be prominent queen anymore. As said before Kaikeyi also couldn't overcome her pride and attachment.
But if you look at Kaikeyi shoes, Manthra was right.

Kaikeyi was so proud being Dhasarath favorite queen. In fact Ram coronation news informed by Dhasarath first to Kaikeyi than his other wives though Kousalya was biological mother of Ram. You can understand how much Dhasarath treated her. She won't be sure that Ram will treat that much because his biological mother was Kausalya. so making Bharath will help her to continue her lifestyle.

See, here she didn't do for son's love but her aattachment.if we look her love on son,t truth is Kaikeyi loved Ram than any other child.

What? Kaikeyi ?inhuman or evil?
IS it because she ordered Ram to do exile?
If that was case, she could've asked Dhasarath to order Ram to spend entire life in forest.

See, here Kaikeyi intentions are not to make Ram suffer. why should she make her beloved son to suffer. Her act is just a psychological approach. If we left a habit so long, it would be vanished from our conscience. People loved Ram,if Ram wasn't there so long, people will forget him and accept Bharath as King.I mean they won't object anymore.

Let assume like ,ex of daily soap.if actor replaced fav character, people will object it but after one period, people will accept new one.

On other hand, it'll make Ram to loss interest on kingdom. Do you ever think like this? A wealthy man admits his child in Standard school than govt. School. Then what was the need to send prince to gurukul?
Because it'll help them to overcome silly pleasures of Royal life. SO Kaikeyi act was not Ram to suffer but make him not to have mog on Kingdom.

Probably, that's why I'm really pissed off with Ramayana sserials and movies. Recent scholars projecting Kaikeyi as evil because she made Lord to suffer. What a silly execution.
Kaikeyi was one of the lovable characters in Ramayana.

Sorry. I'm little busy now. So I'll give you Kousalya, sumitra,Dhasarath POV in next post.

edited
people blamed Kaikeyi as evil because they couldn't tolerate separation of Ram.apart from this, people never complained against her.
Edited by iDea-yeS-viruS - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: iDea-yeS-viruS

Probably, that's why I'm really pissed off with Ramayana sserials and movies. Recent scholars projecting Kaikeyi as evil because she made Lord to suffer. What a silly execution.
Kaikeyi was one of the lovable characters in Ramayana.

Sorry. I'm little busy now. So I'll give you Kousalya, sumitra,Dhasarath POV in next post.

edited
people blamed Kaikeyi as evil because they couldn't tolerate separation of Ram.apart from this, people never complained against her.

@bold: exactly, this is what I felt.
@blue. Its okay, take ur own time. Looking forward. Thanks

iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

^
I don't think accusing Dhasarath second time only. When Vishwamitra asked him to send Ram to accompany him. Dhasarath tried his best to convince but finally he agreed due to Vashist insisted. Then only Ram got chance to marry Sita.
But important thing here is Vashist opposed Ram to do exile, who insisted Dhasarath to send Ram to fulfill his promise. That time Kausalya,Sumitra reactions not mentioned. at second time, there was a huge drama.
In both times Dhasarath followed Dharma but our choice only making sense here.

Yes. When Ram sentenced for exile,Kousalya was completely broken.
But Sumitra showed matured act. She advised LLakshman to obey Ram and assist him. In Tamil version, it was overdose. In Tamil version, She asked Lakshman not to comeback till Ram didn't return.I mean she indirectly suggested him to follow Ram path only.
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

"Rama is the embodiment of righteousness, he is an equable person with truthfulness as his valour, and as with Indra to all gods he is the king of entire world. "
-Mareecha to Raavana (Valmiki's ramayana) trying to disuade raavan from abduction of sita..

To be held laudable by your guru,parents ,dearones and subjects is great... yet to conquer your enemies too and gain their respect is greater ...
soni19sweet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
hi can anyone can give written of quotes in last episode played for ram and sita
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

Originally posted by: manyarsh

hi can anyone can give written of quotes in last episode played for ram and sita

friend. This DT meant for Original Ramayana quotes. So there is no connection between SKR with this DT. This forum more attached with SKR than Ramayana. That's why this DT was less active. If you want to read 'Valmiki Ramayana Quotes', I'll try my best to update daily.