Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ramya again the same principle applies there. You should not look at literal meaning. But you have to look at the relation of Ram and Sita. They were so connected by body, mind and soul and for Sita to be separated from a man like Ram was what she told. Shakthi is part of Shiva. Her identity comes to fore with Shiva.

But who is Shiva is the biggest question in Kaliyug. How do you identify Shiva? How do you identify Ram? in Kaliyug. What Sita said is true only for such men. Not for every man, half of them maybe Mahishasur themselves whom Shakthi has to destroy.
What is said in Tetrayug is the right theory. But its application has to change from yug to yug as you rightly pointed out. What I am trying to see from the show is application in Kaliyug.
So the verses of Ramayan has to looked from the perspective of the relation they embodied and how that relation was at that time. You have to look at the actions in the relation with respect to the words spoken. Not just the relation per se is my take.

@bold: exactly shruthi. this is what i feel.
i agree to the rest what u said. My main interest is how they relate this aspect and portray it through the vision of sita.
Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 8 years ago
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Akka.I think POV differs. May I tell you something? In MB ,vyas mentioned clearly Krishna knows always that he was wrong at few places. At end of the war, Krishna bowed down his head down for his faults.

Before expanding that,I'll tell detail about Dhasarath feelings on Ram in another post. I won't say Ram actions are not applicable in All yugas. In fact in MB vidhur and Bheesmar tried their best to follow their conscience. Especially bheesm followed his promises at all odds. I think they're enough to call Maryada Purshottams though they both are not up to Ram.(draupadi disrobe,Pamdavs fake death ,etc are few black marks in their life)

Coming to Krishna,
He told Dharma is saving lives when arjun tried to kill Yudhistir. But why he was stood quietly when lacks of people were died in wwar even innocent abhimanyu.

He knew he was wrong as man that's why he bowed his head down. But at his shoes he was right. It's quite confusing if I didn't explain my context here.

While
I'm crossing roads, if I saw an old Begger who suffers much, definitely I'll help him. now take like this, I was noticing an middle aged man who harrasses woman and child, who cheats employees,who does too much illegal acts. Now he became a begger like the one who mentioned above. You can't expect same kindness from me to him. Because I'm much aware about his ill doings.

Same here, Ram as man he helped people, but Krishna knows others merits and demerits of previous birth.
He knew At MB POV, he was wrong but as a God, he knew what they deserves. But he wasn't God. He was human. He must act as human. But he didn't.

Exactly same thing I told before Akka.KKrishna put arjun back on path because he was versed with Dharma. But Ram case is different. In fact at tretha Yuga there are tons of maharishis fully versed about Dharma context. Still, Believing inner conscience was better choice rather than depending others.

I think one incident happened in Yudhistir life can make sense here. At exile,Pandavas forced Yudhistir to go back kingdom. They can clear that sin by giving food to hungry cow. But he refused. not because that won't clear his sin but he will always have guilt that as cheating. Until fulfills your mind, it would be useless even though God accepted it.

@Ramya. I'll give you few things tomorrow about Sita quote.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@iDea: Thank u. Looking forward for further sita quotes and ur take.
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

Leaving Sita is like a prudent man leaving his Pride

Ram words about Sita after Agnipariksha.

the ever righteous, endowed with goodness, sometimes may act unexpectedly on impulse(literally Pride here)

Dhasarath wanted Ram to become King while Bharath was away because he afraid Bharath may object coronation

An intellectual man won't tolerate losing his pride though he lost everything before

Guru Vashist Gyan at somewhere (I forgot where he said that)

I think these quotes are some how linked. At first quote Ram explains his relation with Mata Sita as prudent man and pride.

Second and third quotes,Dhasarath and Vashist explains how much hard for a person to lose his pride.

Especially look Dhasarath quote, He wanted to do coronation though Bharath was away. Dhasarath was Raghu clan's p pride. He learned and practiced Dharma very well. But He was unfair at some place to other sons. Actually he wasn't afraid about Kaikeyi. In fact at Ramayana ,Dhasarath shared coronation news with Kaikeyi at first before other wives. But he was afraid about Bharath. Apart Ram,Bharath was only person who believed could match Ram standards. I heard somewhere, Vashist believed Bharath was well versed about Dharma than any other in the world.Dhasarath know Bharath was righteous but he couldn't't assure Bharath won't have jealous on Ram. in fact , when Dhasarath announced his desire about making Ram as King. Court people accepted without second thought. Dhasarath was jerked. Upset Dhasarath sadly asked them what mistake he committed as King. They convinced him that he didn't commit anything wrong but they were believing Ram only can enlarge glory of Raghu clan's as how he did.
Here, Dhasarath only wanted Ram to become King still he couldn't digest Ram's superiority so easily. So his thought about Bharath may not give up so easily was acceptable here. It shows Pride always lives in our mind.

I hope Ram's words about Sita will explain hhow much he loved Sita.

@Ramya here it isn't exactly about Sita.for Ram, it's Sita,For shiv, it's Parvathi, For Vishnu it's Lakshmi. I mean leaving His life partner is like leaving his pride. It's not our fault. I think it's medium fault who highly neglected Ram's love on Sita. It's pity to see Ram as A superhero who killed A demon at shows, not as a man who tried to find his path at all odds.
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

This would be one of the finest explanation of difference between Ram and Krishna Avatar

I really liked this explanation.
Edited by iDea-yeS-viruS - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@Susee: Thanks for the quotes with beautiful insight.
Ram has pride over Sita is understood but why he thought to prove to others the reason for his pride?
Did Ram actually ask Sita to perform agnipariksha or to just prove her purity? Because I think here lies the somewhat unknown truth.😕

When Dhasarath clearly knew about bharath who was equally as good as Ram, why he had more attraction towards Ram? This over-love only made him lose Ram. So I think, it gives the insight "The more u are towards a thing it moves away from u".

Now, in general, it is observed that in case of shiv-parvathi, both have taken different avatars with and w/o one joining other. But lakshmi is always accompanied by vishnu in all her avatars but not the reverse.why is this difference?

Thanks for the info about Ram and Krishna avatar difference. Nice one.
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
@Ramya. I'm not completely aware about that. but I heard Lakshmi Devi also took some avatars separately. in my Take, Shiva was responsible for destroying so he needs Shakthi(power).Vishnu is preserver so needs Lakshmi (prosperity). in other context Shiv shared half body with Sakthi. that means Shakthi sharing half body with shiv. in Vishnu POV,Lakshmi completely lives in Vishnu heart. so it's wrong to tell Lakshmi accompanied Vishnu. Lakshmi was all there when He took avatars. In fact she was the one who giving inner strength to accomplish his mission. I don't know how much this is truth. I heard somewhere Ram has mole on his chest that pointing Lakshmi place. only time Lakshmi left Vishnu was at Bhirugu saint's Yaga. After Vishnu suffered much, he did hard tapas for her return. of course, Sreenivasa Thirukalyanam was very interesting one. so I feel it's not Vishnu did mission but Lakshmi executed with her eight forms about Dasarath love, I'll come with next quote tomorrow.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: iDea-yeS-viruS

@Ramya. I'm not completely aware about that. but I heard Lakshmi Devi also took some avatars separately. in my Take, Shiva was responsible for destroying so he needs Shakthi(power).Vishnu is preserver so needs Lakshmi (prosperity). in other context Shiv shared half body with Sakthi. that means Shakthi sharing half body with shiv. in Vishnu POV,Lakshmi completely lives in Vishnu heart. so it's wrong to tell Lakshmi accompanied Vishnu. Lakshmi was all there when He took avatars. In fact she was the one who giving inner strength to accomplish his mission. I don't know how much this is truth. I heard somewhere Ram has mole on his chest that pointing Lakshmi place. only time Lakshmi left Vishnu was at Bhirugu saint's Yaga. After Vishnu suffered much, he did hard tapas for her return. of course, Sreenivasa Thirukalyanam was very interesting one. so I feel it's not Vishnu did mission but Lakshmi executed with her eight forms about Dasarath love, I'll come with next quote tomorrow.

@bold: can u share abt this info. i dont remember any such avatar.
agree with the rest.
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
I'm not sure about this But some texts claims Lakshmi was one of the Avatar who fought against Mahishasur. some texts believes Lakshmi was the one took Durga Avatar.Padmavathi,Vedavathi are also somehow related to Vishnu. but I'm accepting the fact, There are no proper Avatar for Lakshmi about killing demon because She was goddess Prosperity not energy. May be it was impossible because Vishnu and Lakshmi Lakshmi are inseparable.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@susee: Thank u for the view. But yes still its somewhat vague. Looking forward for ur next quotes.