Ramayana Quotes DT #1

iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Ramayana. Honestly I don't know how to praise it's uniqueness. May be I'm incapable to do so.

Path of Dharma perfectly explored through conversation between characters of Ramayana. Every single quote has its own uniqueness. SO I thought to make a discussion thread to appreciate and discuss Ramayana quotes.let me start.

Thank You

Important Note
Edited by iDea-yeS-viruS - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

Quote:
"Kaushalya supraja rama,purva sandhya pravartate
Utishta nara shardula,kartavyam daiva manvikam"

(Meaning) Kousalya's beloved son, Rama. Sun is rising.its an auspicious time to do divine daily rituals. So wake up.

Context:Sage Vishwamitra to Lord Rama at Thataka's forest.

Trivia:
These lines are used as initial lines in Shri Venkateswara Suprabatham
Edited by iDea-yeS-viruS - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@idea: Your concept is so good. I want to make sure how much of my understanding of ramayan is actually correct.Though my views may be incorrect i want to get the insight of ramayan from your thread.
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: iDea-yeS-viruS

Quote:
"Kaushalya supraja rama,purva sandhya pravartate
Utishta nara shardula,kartavyam daiva manvikam"

(Meaning) Kousalya's beloved son, Rama. Sun is rising.its an auspicious time to do divine daily rituals. So wake up.

Context:Sage Vishwamitra to Lord Rama at Thataka's forest.

Trivia:
These lines are used as initial lines in Shri Venkateswara Suprabatham

This is a lovely idea. Please do keep adding. Shri Venkateshwara Suprabhatham has some lovely verses. When we understand it's meaning, we get it's significance and it' essence even better. MS Subbalakshmi renders the same in her golden voice beautifully <3
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhinaya08

This is a lovely idea. Please do keep adding. Shri Venkateshwara Suprabhatham has some lovely verses. When we understand it's meaning, we get it's significance and it' essence even better. MS Subbalakshmi renders the same in her golden voice beautifully <3

I guess every person born in Tamil Nadu would know these lines, even if they did not know these were Ramayana Quotes. Looking forward to reading more in this thread.
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Looking forward to read more of the quotes. A very nice idea!!!!!
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Friends. Thanks for your response. I won't say I'm fully understood Ramayana. My intention is to share the quotes what I learned. so if anyone wants to share Ramayana quotes what they know, feel free to Share.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I am a great fan of ms and venkatesha suprabhatam. I know the lines too. But knowing now the first lines are from Ramayan. Thank u
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail

A veena without strings, chariot without wheels won't make sense. Without her husband, a woman can't lead happy life even though she have 100 sons

Sita's response to Kausalya about obeying husband. Because Kausalya believed respecting a person who have nothing is herculean task to others even his wife.

Sita was princess. so respecting and obeying Prince Ram isn't big deal. But respecting a common man Ram is different. Sita may get unhappy with Rams decision. If she married someone else, she wouldn't have to do exile. After considering possibilities, Kausalya requested Sita to obey Ram without considering his status. Then Sita replied Kausalya with importance of supporting Husband.
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
"Mother, father and teacher are at our own disposal. By negelecting them as such, how can we worship god, who is not at our disposal, by various modes?"

Lord Ram words to Sita about significance of respecting others.

This is my favorite quote in Ramayana. In those pperiods, People are highly obsessed with Moksha. So they kept yagas, divine rituals, etc... They believed God only can give that. So they tried their best to attain it.But Here,Lord Ram believed while one couldn't satisfy respectable Parents, teacher wishes, it's silly to believe our acts will satisfy god to bless Moksha. in my POV, it's like expecting God to help us while we are neglecting other's necessary.