My take on Episode 5

HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Banner courtesy- -Shwets-👏

Today's episode starts from where he left off; King Dashrath feeling the warmth of his sons' love. He recalls their childhood days. The BG music and this entire sequence was very heartwarming to watch as he reminisces some moments of a toddler Ram and his brothers (who is about 2-3 years old I think) take their first steps, play around and bask in the love and affection from his mothers and the king. Ram is a caring, affectionate and doting son whose main concern is his loved ones' well being. He is the first to notice the wound on his father's leg and brings some ground medicinal leaves to immediately tend to it. Here, we see Ram's contact with nature again and his belief in it's healing powers.

Just as how Ram and his sons are very important to Dashrath, so is it for Ram which is evident as for some reason he gets nightmares where the royal palace is burning and has a glimpse of Lord Vishnu in his Vaikunth calling out to him when he gets submerged underwater from the torrential floods raging and swirling in Ayodhya. . His thoughts are in complete disarray when he is jolted from his troubled sleep and the next morning, we find him in deep meditation as his brothers, not knowing of his whereabouts, begin to worry.He is mainly anxious for his father and the thought that something might happen to him, which he confides to his Guru as shown in the precap.

In Mithila, we see Queen Sunaina lecturing her daughters about the art of cooking. She calls it an art, more than a duty. She tells them how important it is to make something out of love. Haven't we heard of the phrase'Maa ka haath ka pyaar' ? The very same food cooked out of love and bearing positive thoughts and feelings whilst cooking, has an effect on its taste. My mother and I were incidentally discussing this very same thing few days back and I could really relate to what she said.

Sita's eyes then fall upon some seeds and just as I suspected, she runs off.. where you ask ? To plant them of course, to feel the mud once again! Much to her mother's amusement😆 All the four sisters team up to do this and King Janak who comes there with his retinue is hardly surprised to see his Janaki amidst the green fields. She then asks her father an innocent question-' if these plants are born from the soil within, won't they be referred to as the Bhoomija as well ?' Janak and the surrounding people are left stunned for a moment. Then the wise king replies' Yes, my dear daughter, we are all Bhoomija.' When we are born, we come into the earth, live our lives on it and when we die, our ashes mix back into the very same earth. This scene was very poignant for me.

King Dashrath meanwhile returns to his palace. He tells Kaikeyi about the sadness of separation from his beloved sons and sings praises of Ram however, when suggested by Kaikeyi to convey this to Kausalya as well, his demeanor changes. Today's episode showed that the main bone of contention between Kausalya and Dashrath is their one sacrifice they had to do, their daughter herself. The former blames the King for his hardheartedness but the latter is unable to alleviate her grief and at the same time, refuses to defend himself feeling that she should understand that he had his reasons. So there is a sort of an impasse between them now. Sumitra and Kaikeyi fear their sons' reaction on knowing this truth but Kausalya thinks that it is inevitable. Personally, I understand Kausalya's mindset and I hope that the show delves into the reason behind Dashrath's decision, in a sensitive manner.

So this was an interesting episode overall. I do not know in detail about Shanta's part in the story and looking forward to the same. Overall a good episode. What are your thoughts everyone ? Like the post if you agree and kindly share your views😊
Edited by Abhinaya08 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Seriously I can't stop myself from praising your take on every episode.
What a write up!!!!

Again an awesome episode<3
We saw how a father was happy in the company his son and how a son notices the discomfort of a father.
Such a beautiful portrayal of father - son bond.
The scene where mother teaches the art of cooking was again a nice scene. Indeed the love with which mother cooks makes the food tasty as well as appealing.

Keep posting. Hooked to your posts as well!!!!

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhinaya08

Today's episode starts from where he left off; King Dashrath feeling the warmth of his sons' love. He recalls their childhood days. The BG music and this entire sequence was very heartwarming to watch as he reminisces some moments of a toddler Ram and his brothers (who is about 2-3 years old I think) take their first steps, play around and bask in the love and affection from his mothers and the king. Ram is a caring, affectionate and doting son whose concern is his father's well being. He is the first to notice the wound on his father's leg and brings some ground medicinal leaves to immediately tend to it. Here, we see Ram's contact with nature again and his belief in it's healing powers.

Asusual unusual review abhi👏. This show relates to the nature via both sita and Ram. Yes, we highly regret now for destroying lakes and building apartments in low land areas and agricultural lands.

Just as how Ram and his sons are very important to Dashrath, so is it for Ram which is evident as for some reason he gets nightmares where the royal palace is burning and has a glimpse of Lord Vishnu in his Vaikunth calling out to him when he gets submerged underwater from the torrential floods raging and swirling in Mithila. He is worried for his father and the thought that something might happen to him which he confides to his Guru as shown in the precap. His thoughts are in complete disarray when he is jolted from his troubled sleep and the next morning, we find him in deep meditation as his brothers, unknown of his whereabouts, begin to worry.

Yes. quite touching bond between father and son. It clearly shows how much a son of just in teenage cares about the country, family and the people. Yes most of the dreams have meaning. Scientifically proven that the dreams are actually the subconsious thought process. We know even we are in deep sleep our brain continues to work.

In Mithila, we see Queen Sunaina lecturing her daughters about the art of cooking. She calls it an art, more than a duty. She tells them how important it is to make something out of love. Haven't we heard of the phrase'Maa ka haath ka pyaar' ? The very same food cooked out of love and bearing positive thoughts and feelings whilst cooking, has an effect on its taste. My mother and I were incidentally discussing this very same thing few days back and I could really relate to what she said.

Once again I am lost seeing sita. I feel the food has important role in knowing abt people. I feel veg/Non veg comes into play here. It is not connected with caste but with the personality. The person has to take food depending on his work task.

Sita's eyes then fall upon some seeds and just as I suspected, she runs off.. where you ask ? To plant them of course, to feel the mud once again! Much to her mother's amusement😆 All the four sisters team up to do this and King Janak who comes there with his retinue is hardly surprised to see his Janaki amidst the green fields. She then asks her father an innocent question-' if these plants are born from the soil within, won't they be referred to as the Bhoomija as well ?' Janak and the surrounding people are left stunned for a moment. Then the wise king replies' Yes, my dear daughter, we are all Bhoomija.' When we are born, we come into the earth, live our lives on it and when we die, our ashes mix back into the very same earth. This scene was very poignant for me.

omg. sita once again proved that your action speaks more than ur words. i just loved it.

King Dashrath meanwhile returns to his palace. He tells Kaikeyi about the sadness of separation from his beloved sons and sings praises of Ram however, when suggested by Kaikeyi to convey this to Kausalya as well, his demeanor changes. Today's episode showed that the main bone of contention between Kausalya and Dashrath is their one sacrifice they had to do, their daughter herself. The former blames the King for his hardheartedness but the latter is unable to alleviate her grief and at the same time, refuses to defend himself feeling that she should understand that he had his reasons. So there is a sort of an impasse between them now. Sumitra and Kaikeyi fear their sons' reaction on knowing this truth but Kausalya thinks that it is inevitable. Personally, I understand Kausalya's mindset and I hope that the show delves into the reason behind Dashrath's decision, in a sensitive manner.

Nice focus. I am quite eager to know how they unfold shanta aspects. Somewhat my mind started comparing between kausalya and kunti. I feel kunti didnt feel this much hurt even after she made mistake of throwing the child in ganga. one character i cant compromise is kunti.

So this was an interesting episode overall. I do not know in detail about Shanta's part in the story and looking forward to the same. Overall a good episode. What are your thoughts everyone ? Like the post if you agree and kindly share your views

Yes yet again beautiful episode with standard dialogues. My replies in bold.
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: NEIRAlover

Seriously I can't stop myself from praising your take on every episode.

What a write up!!!!

Again an awesome episode<3
We saw how a father was happy in the company his son and how a son notices the discomfort of a father.
Such a beautiful portrayal of father - son bond.
The scene where mother teaches the art of cooking was again a nice scene. Indeed the love with which mother cooks makes the food tasty as well as appealing.

Keep posting. Hooked to your posts as well!!!!

And I will just say that you always make my day with your kind words 😳Thank you🤗

It sure was <3 The father son bonding was shown beautifully especially with that adorable song sequence.
You feel so too right ? That's I think we always feel the difference between ghar ka khana and outside food. Even if it is the same roti we eat, there is a subtle change in taste so what Sunaina explains to her daughters is cent percent true 👏

Will certainly try to be as consistent as possible with my posts 😳 Thank you once again! xx
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

Yes yet again beautiful episode with standard dialogues. My replies in bold.

Agree👏 My replies in green😛

Word Count: 0

Arshics thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Abhi, great post from you.
The girl who plays Sita is excellent

But a few things didn't gel with me

1. The conflict between Dashratha and Sita

2. Ram's look - too reminiscent of tiger shroff, and too macho for the gentle loving image of Rama that I have, his smile has not the beatific serenity that baby Sita has.
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 2
Great post. Loved the Father - Son bonding and the care and concern towards his Father. And,on the other a Mother teaching her Daughters about cooking and importance of love adding more flavour to the food.Over all it was a nice episode.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhinaya08

Me too That child (actor) is just gifted <3 Well said. It's not about the caste, or religion or anything of that sort but the person him/herself who cooks, who makes the food. Ramya, why do you think veg/non veg comes into play here ?
Actual dialogue was abt different forms of food. But when i relate it to current scenario i feel mostly it falls within these two categories. so i mentioned abt it.

Nice focus. I am quite eager to know how they unfold shanta aspects. Somewhat my mind started comparing between kausalya and kunti. I feel kunti didnt feel this much hurt even after she made mistake of throwing the child in ganga. one character i cant compromise is kunti.

Same here. I'm not too well versed with the Mahabharath but are you talking about Karna ? He is the child floating in the basket found by a woodsman right ?

yes abhi. see kunti didnt felt much worried till she saw him. But this aspect of kaushalya was not shown in other ramayan as far as i know.

My replies in black.
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshics

Abhi, great post from you.

The girl who plays Sita is excellent

But a few things didn't gel with me

1. The conflict between Dashratha and Sita

2. Ram's look - too reminiscent of tiger shroff, and too macho for the gentle loving image of Rama that I have, his smile has not the beatific serenity that baby Sita has.

Thank you Arshi😳 Do you mean between Dashrath and Kausalya ? Aah I understand. I'm not really sure which version of Ramayana they are following but I guess we have to wait and watch.

Actually I love the actor who plays Ram. It's kinda how I imagined him to be, soft but fierce, and a smiling face but determined, for me they have nailed the casting😳
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Great post. Loved the Father - Son bonding and the care and concern towards his Father. And,on the other a Mother teaching her Daughters about cooking and importance of love adding more flavour to the food.Over all it was a nice episode.

Thank you dear😳 Loved all the scenes you mentioned.It was a great episode ⭐️