Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
As Maverick said, Bhaamandal or his foster parents, were totally unaware of Sita-Bhaamandal's being twins, until much later. Him falling in love with Sita, was because of Narad Muni avenging his insult back in Mithila and showcasing Sita's painting to Bhaamandal. He fell for her beauty and when he did come to know she was his sister, he was extremely remorseful and pleaded for forgiveness, when he confessed what had happened. It is a whole new story altogether lol! will post the same in detail soon :)
Thank you for the comments girls :)
Edited by -FreeLancer- - 8 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Theory 2 - Foreshadowing Raavan's death and Vibhishan's wrath

As always, will start with the disclaimer - I do not claim any of this to be accurate or vouch for the validity of the same, but am only stating what I read in the excerpts of Jain Ramayan written by ChandraShekhar Maharaj -

Pursuant to emerging victorious in various wars, Raavan decided to refurbish his palace. He came across an astrologer (Raj-Jyotish) - Nemetik, who was supposedly very accurate with his predictions. Raavan decided to utilize his knowledge for his own benefit and asked him a life changing question -

"What would be the cause of my death?"

Nemetik responded - "The son of Raja Dashrath and the daughter of Ram Janak would bring your downfall and death!"

Raavan was shaken and restless with the revelation. He was numb over the same. Vibishan, who was in the vicinity, could not control himself, since he was extremely fond of his brother. He took it upon himself to rewrite the future, change the course of destiny and save his brother from death.

He obtained knowledge about happenings of Dashrath and Janak and he was informed that both at that point were childless and without an heir to the throne. He scoffed! He decided that this is it! He will kill both the kings right away!

Raavan, at first remained oblivious to the same, but later, due to fear of death and wish to live longer, relented and permitted Vibhishan to carry out the said operation.

At the end of the day, our love for our own being, our name, our body, our brain, our heart, far outweighs the love for anyone else! The infamous anecdote for the same by Birbal to Akbar is mother monkey throwing off her own child to save her ownself.

Coming back to Vibhishan, his indignation knew no bounds and he proclaimed his decision of defeating and executing Dashrath and Janak to the ministers and the army. On the other hand, Narad Muni who travelled about and around came to know about Vibhishan's intentions and warned Dashrath and Janak individually about the same.

Dashrath and Janak were aware of the might of Lanka Sena and it wasnt in practical benefit to go ahead with the war. The ministers of Dashrath decided to take a smart route instead of indulging in a one to one fight. They sent both the kings undercover and underground.

Meanwhile Vibhishan arrived with his mighty army at Ayodhya. In turn, the army of Ayodhya faked chaos and ran hither thither to confuse and manipulate Vibhishan.

The Senapati, Army chieftan pleaded to Vibhishan to leave Ayodhya alone and forgive Dashrath. However he proceeded straight to the room of Dashrath inside the palace and found him sleeping on his bed and right then, slashed his neck with his sword.

The queens of Dashrath starting wailing and crying bitterly. Vibhishan roared and laughed away! He thought he had succeeded in disarming and overturning the prediction of Nemetik. He decided that since he had already killed Dashrath, there was no further need to execute Janak and left for Lanka.

Little did he know that the entire drama was scripted by the Ministers to make him believe that he had indeed killed Dashrath. He had not slashed the real Dashrath (who was not in Ayodhya at all then) but his brilliantly created life size sculpture and everyone contributed to making him believe otherwise.

As said in Siya ke Ram today, mental strength is as important as physical strength in war and the Ministers of Ayodhya used the former to the fullest!

Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wait a minute, vibhishan, the dharmik brother of lankesh ravan who betrayed him did this? WTH, kahaan kahaan se yeh sab kahaani aati hain?
enchanted23 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Hirwa-I didn't know any of thesešŸ˜² - it's amazing how much you discover as part of following a mythological show-something new everytimešŸ˜³
MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

wait a minute, vibhishan, the dharmik brother of lankesh ravan who betrayed him did this? WTH, kahaan kahaan se yeh sab kahaani aati hain?

As I said, this may or may not be true..we can always debate about the accuracy of the documentationšŸ˜Š and the texts in Jain Ramayan significantly differ from other versions, hence the onus isnt on anyone to believe, I am just posting the narratives, which I found to be unknown or unheard of. For my part, I can post scans of the texts Im reading currently, if the members can read GujaratišŸ˜Š

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: enchanted23

Thanks for sharing Hirwa-I didn't know any of thesešŸ˜² - it's amazing how much you discover as part of following a mythological show-something new everytimešŸ˜³

Thanks much AditišŸ¤—

yeah, they also teach us such significant life lessons, which with time have been done and dusted
sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Wow! That's a contradiction! It becomes so difficult to choose which one we want to believe. But, if this was true, then I must applaud the ministers who devised this plan and succeeded in saving the fathers of the divine couple!