Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Oh God! These are just so interesting! They seem to fill up all the gaps!
But, truly speaking I don't wanna believe that Seeta was ever cursed. She could neither be so cruel or so careless.
And, if the first story was true, then it would mean that Valmiki had predicted everything line-by-line beforehand. But, didn't he write everything after interviewing Seeta when she stayed in his ashram post exile? I am confused. ๐Ÿ˜•

Radhike, pauranic stories are always different from epics
Both the epics are 'itihasa' history but not the stories mentioned in puranas. These stories many a times are superimposed on great personalities to increase their value and we don't have to believe.
Human mind always tries to find why a certain thing happened
Since Sita & Ram suffered so much , these stories attempt to find what caused that suffering and so such stories are woven..
Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xPalkix

Thank You for is story. I love how there are so many threads to Ramayan, all tying it to one thing in the end which was to end evil.

It is said that Saraswati maa cursed all three Brahman, Vishnu and Shiv when Brahma married Gayatri maa because she was late to the ceremony.
Her curse was that Vishhnu will always be separated from his love very time he takes a human form and that has always happened, with Sita and Radha.

TFS

That is the legend of Pushkar where Saraswati curses Brahma, Vishnu and Indra that Brahma won't be worshipped on earth, Indra will lose in battle and swarga, Vishnu will have to bear separation from his consort so Gayatri provides a solution and limits the effect of curses; Brahma will be worshipped only in Pushkar ; Vishnu will bear separation only in human form; Indra will regain swarga even if he faces defeat.
Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanx for sharing this story ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
pari2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing beautiful stories related to sita Ram. I am great admirer of ramayan.
You have helped in enriching my knowledge
Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks dear for sharing I never know parrot story although I know vishnu ji one
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thank for sharing these wonderful stories๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by Nonie12345 - 8 years ago
harianjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Vishnu Purana has 2 stories where Lord Vishnu is cursed, once by his own devotee Narad and second by Maharishi Bhrigu, that he'll be separated from his wife in one of his incarnations.

In our puranas, even Gods were cursed at times, but like Ram says, whatever happened, happened for the good of the world.

di ,yes the story of brig maharshi cursing lord vishnu is there, but according to the folk lore in Andhra where I belong to its said that brig maharshi said in every human form lord vishnu takes he will lose his woman... applied to ram,kanha .