Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@Ramya so I am not the only one who felt showing Ram was a bahubali copy paste πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. I agree to you. There is a serenity to Ram and he should have been shown with that.
And Bharath was he so afraid. But I liked Lakhan. πŸ˜‰. My all time favorite character of Ramayan
Coming to mantras what I have understood Ramya is the fact that if a mantra is pronounced correctly it releases a certain form of energy ( scientifically this has to be correct as sound is a form of energy and the energy can differ with frequencies or vibrartions. Basic physics)
And we all know biologically men and women are different. So certain energy that is beneficial for a man physically, may harm a woman physically. And that can be the reason certain mantras as restricted to men only.
I mean it can be science and can be validated if we want. Vedic Rishis knew science and their actions might be based on that.
And we without understanding the reason behind the action, sees the action and derive our own interpretation.
If any mantra is shown not to be recited by a woman I want the show to show the reason for it. And it cannot be because she is a woman and inferior to man.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ramya so I am not the only one who felt showing Ram was a bahubali copy paste πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. I agree to you. There is a serenity to Ram and he should have been shown with that.

And Bharath was he so afraid. But I liked Lakhan. πŸ˜‰. My all time favorite character of Ramayan
Coming to mantras what I have understood Ramya is the fact that if a mantra is pronounced correctly it releases a certain form of energy ( scientifically this has to be correct as sound is a form of energy and the energy can differ with frequencies or vibrartions. Basic physics)
And we all know biologically men and women are different. So certain energy that is beneficial for a man physically, may harm a woman physically. And that can be the reason certain mantras as restricted to men only.
I mean it can be science and can be validated if we want. Vedic Rishis knew science and their actions might be based on that.
And we without understanding the reason behind the action, sees the action and derive our own interpretation.
If any mantra is shown not to be recited by a woman I want the show to show the reason for it. And it cannot be because she is a woman and inferior to man.

@red: πŸ˜† I hope the show portray urmila's contribution during Ram exile. I like Lakshman-Urmila pair next to Ram-Sita.

@bold: may be u r right, scientifically make sense. Women actually performed pujas and yagas. So it is not they were isolated.
@bold: yes, I wish to know this. I used to chant slogans ( I dont know sanskrit, those will be either in english, hindi or tamil ) just to show that we can.

HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Beautifully put. Lovely post😊
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya the rebel. You are so like me dear. What are you doing. College or younger? Because you remind me of the teenager I was. Anything told not to be done, because I am a girl, will ensure it is done. And that included Mantras too. Questioning was in my genes πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and over years I read, read, read to find answers to my questions because I could never compromise or believed the religion I believed in, the religion which keeps woman as the seat of knowledge, wealth and power will give her secondary status.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

@Ramya the rebel. You are so like me dear. What are you doing. College or younger? Because you remind me of the teenager I was. Anything told not to be done, because I am a girl, will ensure it is done. And that included Mantras too. Questioning was in my genes πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and over years I read, read, read to find answers to my questions because I could never compromise or believed the religion I believed in, the religion which keeps woman as the seat of knowledge, wealth and power will give her secondary status.

@bold: thank u. I am happy to get nth name in the IF.
@red: Still surviving in IF that too as Rockerz πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

@blue: haha no more student please πŸ˜†, working.
@purple: haha me too have mutated DNA which has more Hoogsteen bp than WC bp.πŸ˜‰

I like tarka sastra, so many don't like me πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I start off with "I have one doubt but subsection never ends". U r caught my dear.πŸ˜›

shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya I am not afraid, I speak my mind. If I like a character majority doesn't like then also I don't mind putting my view points why I like the character. And yes my tarka- vitharka has given me some real good fans in IF. Actually some of my friends PMed me akka are you not coming to Siya Ke Ram forum. Actually I was planning to start here next week only. But many made me start of early. It seems like people really want me touch the grey areas of Ramayan.
Ramayan is much a touchy subject unlike Mahabharath where I have felt there is more freedom to criticize and debate. Lord Krishna himself uses chal for winning the war. So that gives wide spectrum for discussion. But Ram and Sita are always held at a pedestal of moral high ground and you have to be really careful while touching them πŸ˜ƒ
I hope I can do a neutral analysis on the grey areas without offending anyone.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

@Ramya I am not afraid, I speak my mind. If I like a character majority doesn't like then also I don't mind putting my view points why I like the character. And yes my tarka- vitharka has given me some real good fans in IF. Actually some of my friends PMed me akka are you not coming to Siya Ke Ram forum. Actually I was planning to start here next week only. But many made me start of early. It seems like people really want me touch the grey areas of Ramayan.

Ramayan is much a touchy subject unlike Mahabharath where I have felt there is more freedom to criticize and debate. Lord Krishna himself uses chal for winning the war. So that gives wide spectrum for discussion. But Ram and Sita are always held at a pedestal of moral high ground and you have to be really careful while touching them πŸ˜ƒ
I hope I can do a neutral analysis on the grey areas without offending anyone.

@bold: I like it. Have u been in SP MB forum? I joined in IF from that show only. Yes, Mahabharat is classy epic. so much is told and still way to unfold many secrets.

@red: yes, Ram character is complete different from Krishna. Ram turn to be lord only in uttara kanda unlike Krishna. A warrior with a kind gesture till Ravana death. So excited to see the character analysis of Ram from sita angle.

@purple: I feel u do justice in ur analysis, reading ur few posts. 😊 But I may again start with a doubt in upcoming posts.
aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
hi Shruti,

Such a lovely and heartfelt post.

I had talked about women being in the focus here on SKR in your other post too ...the question that has come in my mind reading the discussions on that other post of urs is ... are people actually ready to give a chance to Sia saying out her story !!

Why squirming in the seats has started already !

The very line in itself ... I want to be known through Janki is in itself such a resonating statement . It was music to my ears.

Daughters are precious and they make your life beautiful in their own special ways, even boys do the same, it is just this discrimination in the society that puts all that was meant to be picked from our ancient Vedic culture to shame !!!

It is so ironic how in our society we seek neighbors daughters during Navratra samapan while the same society does not shy away from female infanticide. There are so many other subjects one can touch ...dowry being another menace / skin color ... etc etc...

Our society needs a makeover I guess...they need to go back to ancient times and do a reality check on themsleves !!! Will this ever happen is a bigger question.

Really like ur posts . Tc cya

Ruchi

Edited by aaliah3108 - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya I was not an active member in MB forum though I made couple of posts there. Reason though I watched MB, when MB was running I was mad after another serial DABH in SP. Whatever free time I had it went in analyzing DABH, writing OS, SS, FF in that forum. Especially FF. To do justice to my readers it was a task in itself to keep it updated regularly. When the bhoot of DABH came down from my head MB was almost over πŸ˜ƒ. But I had analyzed mythology extensively in EHT and MK forum. And I do the same in ETR2 forum also. Most cases MB was used to draw parallels. πŸ˜ƒ@Ruchi I had read your post yesterday also. Actually I wanted to reply to that post because you had written some beautiful points in your post. Time constraint didn't permit me to post there. So putting it here, for both posts of yours. One thing you have to understand it whenever epics like Ramayana or Mahabharata are touched there are purists who wants the divinity in the character to be there. And when divinity is attributed you cannot criticize a character, you lose the chance to question a character. Then there are people like you and me who want to see these epics from a more practical point of view, from the perspective of Vedic culture, to treat the avatars as Humans. And humanity should be given more priority because the avatars whether it is Rama or Krishna it happened because God wanted to show humans, how to live life. Since as God he cannot show a direction, he took the form of human and went through all the trials and tribulations as a human to deliver his message. By giving divinity what we miss is the message to live the life they wanted us to live. Because that is a tough task right. Because it requires action. If you give divinity then they can be kept above humans and their actions cannot be replicated. Worship them by Poojas and other rituals. It's easy. And put the blame on whatever mistakes you commit on their actions. Ram abandoned Sita, so I can abandon my wife. Sita gave Agnipareeksha. So my wife has to walk on glass pieces. Krishna had many wives. I can be a Casanova.
But Ram lifted the bow of Lord Shiva to win the hand of his love. He respected the tradition and the competition kept by Sita's father and abided by it. He left the palace and stayed in jungle for 14 years to keep his father's promise. He crossed the ocean, fought a asura king to liberate his wife. Well can this also be followed by people who put the accountability of their negative actions on Ram.
Krishna saved the people who trusted him by lifting Govardhan mountain, to one piece of cloth Panchali gave to cover his wound, he gave her mounts of cloth when she needed it the most, he took the curse of the war from Gandhari owning accountability for the actions he committed in the war. People who want to be Casanova can they do what Krishna did, own accountability for their actions.
We all know answer will be no. Because society always want the easy path, whether it is Ram or whether it is Krishna their paths were always tough. But irrespective of that they protected the dharma.
And in Ram's life as well as Krishna's life woman played a very important role in the restoration of Dharma. Sita was the medium through which Ram completes the purpose of his incarnation, killing Ravan. Kaikeyi too was a medium, because in one of the stories it is said that Gods asked Saraswati Devi to sit in the tongue of Mandira and ensure Ram leaves Ayodhya to fulfill his birth mission. Ruling Ayodhya was secondary for Ram, killing Ravan and restoring balance of the nature was first.
Krishna had a biological mother and foster mother. He gives equal status to both. He had a lover and wife. Again both Radha and Rukmini are equally respected. Panchali holds a special place in Krishna's life and he had helped her whenever she asked his help. He respected his sister's wish to marry his friend and send her away. He even takes Gandhari's curse with a smile seeing it as the agony of a mother.
Problem people fearing the epic told from Sita's perspective is that, for ages patriarichy and powers associated with it has used this epic as a tool to subjudicate good woman and even good men. Patriarichy is not just propagated by men, there are enough women out there who take undue advantage of it.
And this whole power structure will face a rumble if the image of Sita as a subjudicated, abused, suffering woman breaks. The moment Sita emerges from the doormat image, ideally Ram too should emerge from a majbhoor pati picture. The moment the illusion around Ramayan breaks the evil in the society cannot take refuge under it for its power structure any more.
Hence rumblings will be there and they will grow bigger only. Because change causes noise, change brings in destruction of old thoughts and beginning of new thoughts. So the old power structures will make the last rumbling noise for their existence. Change is around the corner.
The very proof the matter is that we have started questioning, questioning the messages around the epics.
aku0705 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
agree with u
πŸ‘πŸΌ
So true