I want my name to be known through Janaki

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Janak's words yesterday should be a real eye opener to our society obsessed with male child. A country where female foeticide still happens, still the birth of a girl child is welcomed with frowned faces a man in Tetrayuga wanting his name to known because of his daughter is truly commendable. We do not know whether Janaka said it or not, but what we do know that Janaka and his kingdom Mithilla got the recognition because of its princess, Janak's daughter Janaki, Maithili or Sita. And yes Ayodhya was also known because of Ram. So Ramayan is a proof in itself that, doesn't matter whether you have a boy or a girl the values they possess, the actions they do will carry forward your legacy. A daughter with right set of values is also capable of carrying forward the legacy. A daughter can also make her family proud as much as a son. And Ramayana is a proof that a man's legacy indeed has been taken forward by a woman. What more do you need to welcome the daughter's in your family. Please don't discriminate against her. Please don't kill her in womb. Please don't call her burden and Paraya Dan.
Don't just worship Saraswati, Lakshmi and Shakthi in temples. Realize the Shakthi in your home. Your daughter.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very nice post 👏
I agree with each and every word of what you have said.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
This was what the makers were stressing
That the making would be such that,today's youth can relate to it
I am happy that they are focusing on these key issues
Which are mostly over looked
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
AayaTohModiJi thumbnail
beautiful post Shruthi...
u said right...wish everyone think like this..
Boys or Girls both r equal ...
I'm happy that they showed this in the show
shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Mano it's time to bring back the true essence of our Vedic culture which never discriminated between a man and a woman.
And only when it is retold through the epics we are so familiar with it reaches the larger audience.
ankithasushma thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Amazing post dear
Hope people change their perspective towards daughters of our country
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@TM: very nice post. You highlighted the most beautiful dialogue of the episode.

There is an error belief that the epics give importance to only male and suppress the female. I feel that it is our wrong interpretation from our wrong frame of reference.

Many different meanings can be drawn from a single word at different situation. I like the show mainly for the dialogues (though only 2 episodes at the moment).
Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya for me none of our epics have shown women in poor light. Neither valmiki nor Vyas created weak characters whether it is male or female. Each character was given shades and its over the years all this over importance of beta over beti was build up. And the society came to a point where woman was subjudicated.
How can a culture or religion that calls a woman Adiparashakthi can show her weak or the one without any identity.
And yesterday when child Sita walked in as Maa Durga it was a beauty. She had the beauty of the Goddess, serenity of the Goddess and most probably when the Asur comes she will show her Kali roop.
RisingPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful post
You are right
The discrimination between boys and girls should stop
We should learn this from Janaka😊
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ramya for me none of our epics have shown women in poor light. Neither valmiki nor Vyas created weak characters whether it is male or female. Each character was given shades and its over the years all this over importance of beta over beti was build up. And the society came to a point where woman was subjudicated.

How can a culture or religion that calls a woman Adiparashakthi can show her weak or the one without any identity.
And yesterday when child Sita walked in as Maa Durga it was a beauty. She had the beauty of the Goddess, serenity of the Goddess and most probably when the Asur comes she will show her Kali roop.

@Shruthi: yes, I also feel the same but certain rituals which is mentioned as practised in epic, gives a wrong assumption that women were ill-treated.

@bold: true. I agree.

If mantras or vedas are chanted by male it does not mean women are prohibited from learning the same. I want the show to highlight the vedic classes of sita.
It is only later generation sick mentality which created the discrimination and sited few half truth reference from epic.

@pink: That one was awesome👏. They could have given such beautiful intro to Ram also instead of bahubali copypaste.😉