Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Panoramic

See actually after two months of monsoon ...shravana n bhardrapada... They actually made strategy for searching sita...

As far I know ..Hanuman had set out for Seeta's search after Ashwin masa as he himself says in Kishkindha ...

And meets sita pushya masa...

there after Hanuman's return ... from kishkinda to Lanka took almost 1to 1.5 months...

War actually happened in phalgun masa...ie February March...

So I seriously hv no idea from where this diwali dusshera celebration in ashwin masa for Rama victory came from...maybe later ppl chose this date to celebrate ram victory...
But as per text ..its different...

Then the diwali may be the day on which Ram became the king of ayodhya.
Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
>Ravan may have been greatest of the great kings/warrior/learned man/ Shiv Bhakt or whatever else ...but he was a RAPIST and if there are ppl who want to WORSHIP or even remotely LIKE a RAPIST then what can anyone do about them ???
Edited by NavyaKavya30 - 8 years ago
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -She-loSarun

this is something different but I heard something on a similar basis.
Ravan, as u said never kidnapped Sita in the first place but kidnapped another lady(forgot the name) who acted like Sita and she was the one who was in sri Lanka.
and because of this reason, Sita decided to get her marry her to ram in his another birth as RAM's birth is only for Sita.
am not sure, how much of it is true.

This is what was told in the Ramayand Sagar's version as well and personally, I think it makes the most sense. I'd like to think Ram would never let anyone hurt his Sita, they did have to go through separation though.
Also Ravan couldn't touch Sita even if he wished because she was Agni, he'd get burnt on the spot.
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

I think the major difference in opinion lies in the fact that some consider Ram as a flawed human being and some, like myself, consider him an ideal human being who was not flawed but perfect in every way, because he was an incarnation of the Lord and the Lord can make no mistakes. I cannot point fingers at Shri Ram or Shri Krishna. Who am I, a mere human crawling on this Earth, to say the Lord made this or that mistake?

For me, Ramayan is very much a divine book and I like seeing the deification of the characters. I cannot take them as just mere human beings. It doesn't work for me that way. But we went through the same debate in the Star Plus' Mahabharat forum. Some people don't believe in the incarnations, and if they do, they believe even incarnations can make mistakes, which is a concept that simply doesn't sit well with me.

Anyway, each to their own. Live and let live.

agree di ! agree ! for me they are divine and they can't commit mistake at all !
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

I too have this story but not the whole. I nean I knew about the curse but wasn't aware of the real reason. Thanks for the information.

its in valmiki Ramayan i read there !