Originally posted by: -Mano-

This is what I was expecting
We can have difference of opinions
But still can have sensible and useful convos
Yes I would also love to know the reasoning
Looking forward to our future interaction in this forum
Vanga Pazhagalam๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

PS:Konar guide was our savior wasn't it๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Unless we discuss from different aspects, we can't move forward. (just my POV).
@bold: me too

vanthuvittom ๐Ÿ˜†

@red: All time friend๐Ÿ˜›

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

Unless we discuss from different aspects, we can't move forward. (just my POV).
@bold: me too

vanthuvittom ๐Ÿ˜†

@red: All time friend๐Ÿ˜›

@ bold exactly๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Hi, Good to know about Sita's mandir. Looking forward to interact with u to now abt Ravana from ur (mean Sri Lankan's) view.

My long time question: Here Sri means Lakshmi, so does it mean lakshmi island? (just to know)

Good question
Haven't thought about it before๐Ÿ˜ฒ
RisingPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Might be for his knowledge
And because he was blessed with 10 heads by lord shiva
These were his good aspects
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
See the problem I see is because of the wrong intrapretation of the epic and its usage at places where it shouldn't be used.
There are many people who use Ram's abandonement of Sita to subjudicate woman. And it is a fact in our society. Our movies and teleserials glorify the subjudicated, abused leading lady crying buckets of tears as Sita Maiyya.
The dumb leading man standing beside her when all such abuses are hurled at her or he himself throwing her out is compared to Lord Ram.
When it is pointed out the abduction of Sita happened because she crossed Lakshman Rekha hence woman has to be in the confines of the boundary set by men.
Women cannot walk in night, because there are some unruly men who can harm them. So Men can be irresponsible, women needs to be responsible and if anything untoward happens it is woman's fault. Point it to Lakshman Rekha. Such intrapretations in folklores, daily life and in general in society have created an agitation towards Agnipareeksha and Sita banishment. So rather than running away from such questions it is better such questions are answered which will be understandable to present generation.
If you look Ramayana, Ram kills Bali, but his wife Thara has great reverence for Ram and even instructs her son Angad to support Ram in the war against Raavan. Why would a slain man's wife support her husband's murderer.
Same is the case with Mandodari. Mandodhari is also not showing any anatagonism towards Ram.
And Ram is shown giving respect to both these women. After Raavan's death as per the story I know Ram gives clear instructions to Vanar Sena that Mandodhari should be allowed to see her husband's body and she should be treated like a queen. Nothing less.
Except for Panchali all the other 4 women which Hinduism treats as Panch Kanya are connected to Ram one way or other. Sita, Tara, Mandodari and Ahalya.
So its time for us to understand in better fashion why Ram did what he did. What was his real message to the society.
I will never believe 7th incarnation of Lord Vishnu gave the message of women subjudication, physical purity over emotional purity, giving punishment to a woman for a man's mistake. If that was the case he would have never liberated Ahalya the woman who paid the price of Indra's mistake.
So I would like to understand him better and hope CVs oblige me.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

See the problem I see is because of the wrong intrapretation of the epic and its usage at places where it shouldn't be used.

There are many people who use Ram's abandonement of Sita to subjudicate woman. And it is a fact in our society. Our movies and teleserials glorify the subjudicated, abused leading lady crying buckets of tears as Sita Maiyya.
The dumb leading man standing beside her when all such abuses are hurled at her or he himself throwing her out is compared to Lord Ram.
When it is pointed out the abduction of Sita happened because she crossed Lakshman Rekha hence woman has to be in the confines of the boundary set by men.
Women cannot walk in night, because there are some unruly men who can harm them. So Men can be irresponsible, women needs to be responsible and if anything untoward happens it is woman's fault. Point it to Lakshman Rekha. Such intrapretations in folklores, daily life and in general in society have created an agitation towards Agnipareeksha and Sita banishment. So rather than running away from such questions it is better such questions are answered which will be understandable to present generation.
If you look Ramayana, Ram kills Bali, but his wife Thara has great reverence for Ram and even instructs her son Angad to support Ram in the war against Raavan. Why would a slain man's wife support her husband's murderer.
Same is the case with Mandodari. Mandodhari is also not showing any anatagonism towards Ram.
And Ram is shown giving respect to both these women. After Raavan's death as per the story I know Ram gives clear instructions to Vanar Sena that Mandodhari should be allowed to see her husband's body and she should be treated like a queen. Nothing less.
Except for Panchali all the other 4 women which Hinduism treats as Panch Kanya are connected to Ram one way or other. Sita, Tara, Mandodari and Ahalya.
So its time for us to understand in better fashion why Ram did what he did. What was his real message to the society.
I will never believe 7th incarnation of Lord Vishnu gave the message of women subjudication, physical purity over emotional purity, giving punishment to a woman for a man's mistake. If that was the case he would have never liberated Ahalya the woman who paid the price of Indra's mistake.

@shruthi: Good post ๐Ÿ‘

@bold: Yes, Lakshman rekha is later addition in regional stories. Its not in Valmiki Ramayan.

The show seems to focus on shanta (Ram's sister) thus giving importance for female.

@green: absolutely.
Ram killed vali in battlefield and not by hiding. But certain stories are misquoted. I wish the show focus on these aspects too.

@blue: Exactly.

pree_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ you wrote it well..
and last bold part.. its on the mark.. โญ๏ธ
I am also looking forward to this..

mansi_as18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Both ram and ravan has their own flaws... and i totally believe in it... ram was more or less a human being... yes he was an incarnation but still a human... so he meant to have some flaws and same goes for ravan... he may have flaws but he too has some good qualities to aquire from him... ๐Ÿ˜Š
VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
If someone is liking raavan too
There is no harm in it, if you have watched Devo ke dev mahadev...

It showed some extremely positive sides of ravan
Raavan inventioned so many things, shiv tandav stotr, air ways, tantra granthas etc
But yes! He indeed had some negative points too
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 2

Hi, Good to know about Sita's mandir. Looking forward to interact with u to know abt Ravana from ur (mean Sri Lankan's) view.

My long time question: Here Sri means Lakshmi, so does it mean lakshmi island? (just to know)

Does Lakshmi mean money? Then yes,since you can find many precious stones on this island.