There is no Ram-Sita without each other

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
One thing has become apparent to me so far. This show claims to be from Sita's POV, but it has an equal amount of Ram in it so far. Nikhil Sinha made a sweeping statement before the show that all other Ramayan serials have sidelined Sita, which is untrue btw. Anand Sagar's Ramayan in 2008 spent many episodes showing an equal amount of Ram and Sita's childhood. They covered every bit of Sita's childhood as much as they did Ram's, and likewise when they grew up. Nothing this show has shown so far was not covered in that Ramayan.

Likewise, this show hasn't sidelined Ram. It shows him as much as it shows Sita, so one thing is definitely true. There is no Ram without Sita and there is no Sita without Ram. There can be no Ramayan (however it is titled) with just one of them. Neither was Sita ever sidelined in other Ramayan versions. She has always been a main character as much as Ram was.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
It's fine Di, galti se bol diya hoga kuch. Why taking it seriously?

But yeah, I am totally sahmat with you. There cannot be a Ramayan with just one of them!
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's very much needed post before watching or reading Ramayana. honestly I'm pissed off when people claiming who is greater Ram or Sita?it sounds like which is greater word or meaning?Ramayana never sidelined Sita character. in fact I think whole Ramayana tried to explain one point how Ram took responsibilities of people and Sita took Ram responsibility to guide their children. how they both loyal to their commitments. Anyway I'm not impressed with this show one point. why CVS trying to project Lord Ram as Brave and power. Though Ram was unparalleled warrior, he was known for his kindness, sensitive, loyalty. I think CVS doing injustice to Ram character by projecting him as Great warrior.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: iDea-yeS-viruS

It's very much needed post before watching or reading Ramayana. honestly I'm pissed off when people claiming who is greater Ram or Sita?it sounds like which is greater word or meaning?Ramayana never sidelined Sita character. in fact I think whole Ramayana tried to explain one point how Ram took responsibilities of people and Sita took Ram responsibility to guide their children. how they both loyal to their commitments. Anyway I'm not impressed with this show one point. why CVS trying to project Lord Ram as Brave and power. Though Ram was unparalleled warrior, he was known for his kindness, sensitive, loyalty. I think CVS doing injustice to Ram character by projecting him as Great warrior.

Yes, exactly! I disliked Nikhil Sinha's interview where he said Sita was always a secondary character in Ramayan. Which Ramayan did he read? Neither Valmiki Ramayan nor Ramcharitmanas ever sidelined Sita, and I know other versions of Ramayan have many interesting stories about her too. If Ram is the male protagonist, Sita is the female protagonist. Ramayan cannot exist without either of them. They together create the very essence of the epic.

And I wish people would stop saying other television adaptations of Ramayan showed the "same old story" and this one will be different. Really? On what grounds will this one be different? Guess what? Siya Ke Ram may have a different title, but it's still the "same old story" as well. Whether from Sita's POV or Ram's POV or Hanuman's POV or even Lakshman's POV, the story is not going to change. Ramayan will be Ramayan, whatever title or POV you give it.

One other thing that's bothering me is that Nikhil Sinha is completely disregarding Ram's divine side. Yes, he reincarnated as a human, but he was not just a warrior, he was also very soft-natured, kind and sensitive, like you said. I hope Nikhil Sinha shows Ram and Sita as divine along with human.
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I agree
in fact I feel that makers are sidelining ram somewhere and the stories they r showing are somewhere more of fictions

I had a feeling m watching bahubali as I watched the episode today
no offence to anything or anyone

it is not appearing any mythology to me
Edited by suhaaana - 8 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: suhaaana

I agree
in fact I feel that makers are sidelining ram somewhere and the stories they r showing are somewhere more of fictions

I had a feeling m watching bahubali as I watched the episode today
no offence to anything or anyone

it is not appearing any mythology to me

Yes, the entire waterfall scene was OTT and silly. It was nice to see Prabhas as Bahubali jumping a waterfall, but to see Lord Ram in that way? The whole scene seemed a joke. 👎🏼 While they give Sita strong and beautiful scenes, dressed up as a devi with her sisters, can't they give a nice scene to Ram and his brothers too? It doesn't take much to write a nice scene, even if it's fiction, because to be honest, no written version of Ramayan has detailed accounts of Ram's Gurukul and Sita's childhood. The stories we see on TV are mostly always fiction.
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
It is more of Siaram so how can anyone be ignored like you said both Sitaram Ramsita have to be there have to be there
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Yes, the entire waterfall scene was OTT and silly. It was nice to see Prabhas as Bahubali jumping a waterfall, but to see Lord Ram in that way? The whole scene seemed a joke. 👎🏼 While they give Sita strong and beautiful scenes, dressed up as a devi with her sisters, can't they give a nice scene to Ram and his brothers too? It doesn't take much to write a nice scene, even if it's fiction, because to be honest, no written version of Ramayan has detailed accounts of Ram's Gurukul and Sita's childhood. The stories we see on TV are mostly always fiction.

You are right.. Ram's stay in his gurukul has some very beautiful stories showing what a sensitive and fair person he was.

I think in the eagerness to be 'different' the show creatives may be forgetting that to show a strong Sita, you need to show an equally strong and sensitive Ram. It has ot balance out or otherwise one will not be able to connect and understand why Sita and Ram were so made for each other.
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
@janaki Di

I agree , even sagar's mixed fiction in ramayan but they were like that can be relied

lord ram's or simply even if u say rama as a human was calm and gentle , he had that aura that if anyone would see him he couldn't take off his eyes that pious quality m not getting in this

even with a younger rama we used to get that feel
that is now missing somewhere

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
The Ramayan I grew up watching ( with my entire family ) was that of Ramayan in NDTV Imagine . Watching that I never felt like Sita ma was sidelined anywhere . Sita ma's strength , beauty , pain , happiness , grace , her thoughts and emotions had been beautifully shown in it .

Btw , in previous Ramayan that I saw , as far as I can remember , Ram and Sita were shown to be of the same age whereas in this show Ram is at least 6-7 years older than Sita jii . So , I want to know what is more accurate ? 😳
Edited by VasusenaRadheya - 8 years ago