Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FromTheAshes thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: iDea-yeS-viruS

@bold The truth is neither Ram or no one wanted Agni Pariksha to prove Sita chastity. Sita only decided to give her life by falling into fire. look here it's not Sita attempt to prove to her chastity by doing agnipariksha. she wanted to die but due to her purity fire didn't harm her. then only Ram bring her outside to tell the world he wanted to show his wife purity. unfortunately that scene was misconcepted like Ram wanted Sita to do Agni Pariksha

I dont know how actually it happened,But from always I have been told and by many poeple that Ram asked sita to go through that agnipariksha.

But sita did left ram after she gave agnipariksha So why would she leave if she herself wanted to go through it?
iDea-yeS-viruS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .MysticalWaters

I dont know how actually it happened,But from always I have been told and by many poeple that Ram asked sita to go through that agnipariksha.

But sita did left ram after she gave agnipariksha So why would she leave if she herself wanted to go through it?

No Mata Sita never left Ram.after Agni Pariksha, Sita united with Ram. they both ruled Ayodhya as King and queen. but after street gossiping, Ram decided to leave Sita at Valmiki ashram.Sita got to know this only after she reached there. she understood his plight and respected her husband decision. Then she gave birth to twins (not exactly), at teen age they both reached Ayodhya to sing Ram's divinity. Ram wanted to know their identity. Sage Valmiki acknowledged him them as his sons. Ram told Valmiki that if Valmiki assured Sita purity, he would ready to accept her back. After Valmiki assured her chastity, Sita decided to give her life. Thus Mata died in Ramayana.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
First of all, no Ramayan on TV has ever shown Sita as a weak woman waiting for Ram to take her back. Every Ramayan has shown Sita as a strong woman. Her strength lay in her silent resilience. Sita was not a woman prone to tantrums or aggressiveness, and neither does a woman have to be aggressive to be strong. Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan, Anand Sagar's Ramayan, even Meenakshi Sagar's Ramayan have all shown Sita to give cutting remarks to Ravan and warn him multiple times that if he did not return her to Ram in all dignity, he and his dynasty would be killed. No television adaptation of Ramayan has shown Sita to bend to Ravan's will or show weakness in front of him.

Yes, Sita cried in the Ashok Vatika many times, but tears are NOT a symptom of weakness. I hate how crying people are seen as weak people. To cry when in times of distress is a natural human response to tragedy, and every human being cries, both males and females. Yes, Valmiki has written Sita often crying in the Ashok Vatika, but she only cried when in front of Trijata (her only friend and supporter in Lanka) or when by herself. She never cried in front of Ravan or the other demons, and no TV serial has shown this.

You may ask why did Sita wait for Ram to come and kill Ravan, but to question this would be to question the entire Ramayana. Sita had the strength to kill Ravan, but he was destined to die by Vishnu's hand due to the Sanat Kumaras' curse. It's not the Sita couldn't kill Ravan, it's just that she chose not to, to respect the curses various Gods gave Ravan, and also to give Ram the chance to avenge her abduction. This does not mean Sita was a weak character, just that she was a very wise and patient one, whose strength lay in her silent resilience.

I wish people would stop equating strength with shouting or being aggressive. Sita was not a woman prone to fits of rage. She was the embodiment of patience and resilience, and that is what made her strong and worthy of respect.

So stop criticizing other television adaptations of Ramayan. None of them showed Sita as weak. They showed her as she was written in Ramayan, a strong and patient woman.
Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .MysticalWaters

No Sita never left Ram after agnipareeksha...Ramayan & the story of Ram/Sita is highly misunderstood & agneepareeksha TOPS the list ...there was a WWWHY agneepareeksna was done & believe me it had NOTHING to do with Ram doubting Sita's chastity...I don't think I can really explain right now coz I am running short of time but I can ASSSURE you that the misconception regarding agneepareeksha will be very well explained in the show & after that I don't think anyone will ever have a ? on it
FromTheAshes thumbnail

Originally posted by: NavyaKavya30

No Sita never left Ram after agnipareeksha...Ramayan & the story of Ram/Sita is highly misunderstood & agneepareeksha TOPS the list ...there was a WWWHY agneepareeksna was done & believe me it had NOTHING to do with Ram doubting Sita's chastity...I don't think I can really explain right now coz I am running short of time but I can ASSSURE you that the misconception regarding agneepareeksha will be very well explained in the show & after that I don't think anyone will ever have a ? on it

I am saying what I have been told and not only by one person but many poeple did.
As you guyz Said the story has been misunderstood then I will wait for the Misunderstanding or say misconception to be cleared soon.

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Sensible post TM
I share ur exact same thought👍🏼
We have seen this godly aspects in so many shows now
And we r not ready to accept anything negative about godly portrayals
But there are things tat needs to be addressed
I recently read an IV of Debina who played Sita in NDTV Ramayna

When the agni parksha scene was shot
It was shown like someone else ask her to proceed with the test
Debina went to the director and asked
Why is it not Ram who is not saying those words in the show
And he replied"Ram is divine,we can't show anything negative"
What do we want to see a completely white Ram
Offcourse he is great
But he had his own share of mistakes,wrongs
Since it's a human avathar better show him as a human
Yes he will have this super power in him
yet he was a human

I am liking the way the show is moving forward
Hope we get answers to our question
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
FromTheAshes thumbnail
Sita proves her chastity by undergoing a trial by fire. Thereafter, Rama and Sita return to Ayodhya, where they are crowned as king and queen. However, Rama abandons a pregnant Sita when one of his subjects casts doubt over her chastity. In the refuge of Sage Valmiki's hermitage Sita gives birth to twins Lava and Kusha. After her sons grow up and unite with their father, Sita returns to her mother, the Earth's womb, for release from a cruel world as a testimony of her purity. Her other names are Bhumije and Janaki.[4]
Cr.Wikipedia

It sayd that Ram abondened sita because one of his subjects Possed a doubt over sita's chastity,leaving your wife to somewhere else just because someone possed A Doubt,Isng it wrong?
Just a curious question.
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely post Shruti and I completely agree with you. I really hope that the makers address these points in the show and in a satisfactory manner.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Regarding Sita's Agnipariksha, I would like to clear up some misunderstandings many people seem to have in this forum. First of all, there are many different versions surrounding the Agni pariksha, but I will describe what happened in the two most popular and well-read versions, Valmiki Ramayan and Tulsidas Ramayan, which is what most serials and movies follow.

Valmiki Ramayan

Here, Sita's "Agnipariksha" was not a pariksha at all but a pravesha. After Ravan was killed, Ram ordered Vibhishan to bring Sita to him from the Ashok Vatika, and when Sita appeared before him, Ram gave a long discourse on why he killed Ravan. He listed may reasons behind Ravan vadh, but he did not say rescuing Sita was one of them. He told Sita that he has freed her from Ravan's clutches and she was free to go where she pleased. Although Ram spoke harshly to Sita, he did it not because he had any real doubt in Sita, but because he wanted everyone present to personally witness her greatness. Ram did not need any proof of her chastity. Although they were apart in body, they were always together in soul and Ram's victory over Ravan was in itself a proof of her virtue. But society in those days was harsh and unfair, and Ram did not want anybody to point fingers at his wife and doubt her character, so he spoke harshly to spur Sita to defend herself, thereby letting everyone witness her greatness and strength.

After hearing Ram's words, Sita defends herself and states that if he has any doubt in her, retaining her body would be of no use. She decides to jump into fire, not to prove her chastity, but because she wants to end her life then and there. She orders Lakshman to create fire for her, and then jumps into it, but due to the power of her chastity the fire does not harm her and Agni Dev appears before Ram to give the proof of Sita's chastity to all present.

Anand Sagar's Ramayan in 2008 showed Valmiki's version of the Agni pravesha, including some of the dialogues which are straight from Valmiki. They did a really great job with this scene, and I strongly encourage anyone wanting to learn this version of the agni pariksha to see this video:

Ramcharitmanas

In this Ramayan, Sita's Agnipariksha was all a drama to hide the truth - that the real Sita Mata was never kidnapped by Ravan.

Here, what happens is that before Ravan kidnaps Sita, Ram and Sita who know that Ravan is about to come, come up with a plan. Ram tells Sita that due to the power of her chastity, no man can touch her without burning his hands and dying on the spot. If Ravan abducted Sita, he would die on the spot and there'd be no chance of waging a war against his kingdom. Remember, Ravan was not the only unrighteous man in his kingdom. His dynasty too had to be killed, and in order for that to happen, Sita had to be kidnapped.

So Ram invokes Agni Dev and sends the real Sita to stay with Agni Dev (who is her brother in relation, due to being the son of Bhudevi), while creating an illusionary Sita to take her place. The illusionary Sita is abducted by Ravan, and this is a secret that only Ram and Sita know, not even Lakshman.

After Ravan is killed, Ram tells Lakshman to create fire for Sita to go through, and when Lakshman gets angry, Ram reveals the truth and states he does not want to test Sita, but he wants to get his real wife back. So when the illusionary Sita is brought in front of him, Ram pretends to doubt her chastity and orders her to walk through fire to prove herself, but in the process, the illusionary Sita disappears and Agni Dev returns the real Sita to Ram. To the whole world it looked as if Ram was testing Sita, but in reality he was simply getting his wife back.

Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan in 1986 followed this version of the Agni Pariksha. If interested, you can watch it here.
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 8 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Sensible post TM

I share ur exact same thought👍🏼
We have seen this gold aspects in so many show now
And we r not ready to accept anything negative about godly portrayals
But there are things tat needs to be addressed
I recently read an IV of Debina who played Sita in NDTV Ramayna

When the agni parksha scene was shot
It was shown like someone else ask her to proceed with the test
Debina went to the director and asked
Why is it not Ram who is not saying those words in the show
And he replied"Ram is divine,we can't show anything negative"
What do we want to see a completely white Ram
Offcourse he is great
But he had his own share of mistakes,wrongs
Since it's a human avathar better show him as a human
Yes he will have this super power in him
yet he was a human

I am liking the way the show is moving forward
Hope we get answers to our question

Lol, I never read this article, and nothing like this was showed in the show.

NDTV Ramayan handled Sita's Agni Pariksha in a very realistic manner, and I liked it. It was between Ram and Sita, and no one else was involved. They showed Ram only saying those words. They did not whitewash him, and they showed Sita responding likewise. Gurmeet and Debina did really well in this episode. I posted a link right above with the scene. I strongly encourage you to watch it.