SKR Review:This Mytho Series is Refreshing And Promises Potential!!!!!

VirusForever thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Siya Ke Ram TV Review: This mythological series is refreshing and promises potential!

Mon, November 16, 2015 9:35pm IST by Rukmini Chopra
348SHARES
  • Facebook share
  • Twitter share
  • Share on Google+
comments
Siya Ke Ram TV Review: This mythological series is refreshing and promises potential!

For the first time ever, the epic Ramayana is being told through Sita's perspective. Read BollywoodLife's review of the show!

There isn't a depravity of epic shows in Television. India's two mythologies Ramayana and Mahabharata, have been presented on the small screen, with varied formats through the years. The older generation still gets nostalgic with the Mahabharata series that was showcased in the year 1988, on channel Doordarshan. Same goes for Ramayana, which was aired in the year 1986, starring the likes of Arun Govil as Ram and Deepika Chikhalia as Sita. Ramayana is being retold but in a different manner. For the first time ever, the epic tale is being presented through Sita's perspective. Star Plus' much anticipated show Siya Ke Ram saw its premier tonight, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Though the show isn't grand and magnanimous as I expected it to be, the believable manner in which it has been presented is worth a mention. Here's my review of the show:

What's it about:

As informed before, Siya Ke Ram is the story of Ramayana, through Sita's perspective. For ages, the epic tale has been told, keeping Ram in focus. Siya Ke Ram sheds light on the story of Sita and presents her narrative for a change. The series is being aired on Star Plus and has been produced by Nikhil Sinha, who also produced the hit series Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev, starring Mohit Raina. This show will see Ram being played by popular TV actor Ashish Sharma and his Sita will be portrayed by Madirakshi Mundle.

What's hot

The entire concept of the series is different. The very fact that the makers are attempting to present Ramayana through Sita's eyes, is commendable. The epics Mahabharata and Ramayana, have been put forth in a way where the men stand as powerful and superior. Hence, the fact that Sita is being made the protagonist here, is an example of a broader mindset. The series is not melodramatic or exaggerated in its narration, which is its high point. Often, mythological shows tend to go overboard with their presentation, especially when supernatural tracks are concerned. But Siya Ke Ram is realistic and simple, in its approach. The first episode was a pleasant one, where the base of the story was highlighted. It showcased the childhood of Ram and Laxmana and the ending scene was that of Sita being discovered.Each character is crafted carefully and the actors do justice to their roles. Here's a shout out to Dalip Tahil, who essayed the role of Dashrath, effortlessly.

What's not:

When I saw the promo of the show, I got the sense that the series is grand in its presentation. However, having watched the first episode, I can say that the show lacks magnanimity. The CGI effects are presented carelessly and do not have the much needed finesse. Another factor I found unappealing was the slow pace of the narration. Though the show still managed to NOT be boring, I felt that the scenes lacked a steady flow, owing to the stretched and prolonged story telling.

What to do: There are ample mindless shows on TV today. Be it the unnecessary supernatural track in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein or the over dramatic storyline in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya; there's enough crap on TV to be avoided. Hence I would suggest, give this show a try. It's new and different. It will give you a much needed break from the vile stuff being showcased on TV these days!

Rating:3.0 out of 53.0 Star Rating

Reviewed by Rukmini Chopra

* Poor

** Average

*** Good

**** Very good

***** Excellent

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing.
I feel it atleast deserves 4 out of 5.
947708 thumbnail
I agree in a way to this article bit slow pace but will pick up after mahadev this is something huge to watch out .
Setting , effects are pretty cool but expected crisp script like mahadev .
I liked whole cast I would have given 3.5 .
Faerydae thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
SKR is not a movie...too early to give such review after watching just one episode.
947708 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aashna_30

SKR is not a movie...too early to give such review after watching just one episode.

agree its too early to rate it😃
Edited by rs.shailu29 - 8 years ago
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
For the first episode, the show delivered and how. Loved the pace and the flow of narration. The makers have done a great job so far and hope they keep it up with the coming episodes as well👏For this episode, I'll give 5/5⭐️
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the review Tarun😃
Awesome episode👍🏼
Edited by Nonie12345 - 8 years ago