Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: mansi_as18

I agree... i haven't known about shanta before... thanks for letting me know about that strory...

Thanks Mansi.😊

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Beautifully written! I'll have to watch the epi ASAP and join you people in discussion!

Thanks Radhika. 😊

and Hurry up...πŸ˜ƒ

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankithasushma

Well i agree with all your points

Just like to add i just loved the scene where kaushalya was singing that song. It was amazing
Looking forward to the. Show
Nice post by the way

Thanks. 😊 Is your name Ankitha or Sushma? 😳

Yes, I liked that scene as well. The sadness of Kaushalya was palpable.

Love
Kshithi
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaliah3108

hey !!!

Let me introduce myself ... I am Ruchi. Glad to meet you.

I loved ur post.

I am quite surprised myself that they have included the story of Ram's sister Shanta in this. Whether she shall make an appearance in the show or not is a different thing all together. Lets see how they take it.

This however brings to light how people behave in the same situation and adopt different ways to overcome it.

The way in which this difference in approach to child birth has been brought out by showing Janak and Dashrath in same situation is commendable. It was hard hitting and very stark in ur face difference. This is my first point.

Janak did not have a child , he however despite his wife asking him to remarry wanted to shoulder the responsibility to face the world saying he was equally involved and it's not just the woman who needs to take the onus. What a progressive thought process he had for those times ?

Looking at King Dashrath , he had a daughter Shanta with Kaushalya but he wanted sons ! so he married Kaikeyi and Sumitra for this while the girl was given away for adoption . The new wives too could not give him children so A yagna was performed and the all 3 ate the sacred fruit which gave them 4 sons.
Yesterday he was shown too impatient and concerned for his sons, it makes me think did he ever pine for his daughter at all ?? Kaushalya 's displeasure confirmed my doubt ...he did not !!! It is so unfortunate ...guess it is from here that people imbibed that Girls are burdens to be given away and still believe it ! or that boys are more important than girls .

Secondly, the direction is top notch and intervowen !! one scene flowed into another ...no abrupt scenes !

3. The enchanting locales.

4. Soothing and apt BG score.

5. Cast is really good...specially King Janak And Rani Kaushalya ...her bitterness and disappointment was so visible! Awaiting for Ashish's entry as Ram ji ...and of course Sita ji played by Madirakshi.

Looking forward to the show and more interactive sessions.

Thanks Ruchi.

And lovely points...
I too liked how they showed the difference between Dashrath and Janaka so beautifully. Janaka was indeed progressive for that age. He had his court filled with thinkers and sages, held discussions everyday.

Janaka had so much darkness around him, yet he shone with inner brightness of soul and peace. Dashrath is surrounded by light, yet his inner soul is filled with darkness, curses and anxiety.

Are you rich for having sons or poor for not caring for your daughter?

Kaushalya's bitterness and sadness was shown very well. The back ground score really adds to the mood.

I am looking forward to Vishwamitra. πŸ˜ƒ

Love
Kshithi
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful write up. I loved the first episode. Apart from showing the stark difference between Dasrath and Janak, the episode also showed us the essence of each character.

@ Ruchi, looks like u managed to watch the epi after all.πŸ˜ƒ Lovely reading ur views.
aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: varshu27

Wonderful write up. I loved the first episode. Apart from showing the stark difference between Dasrath and Janak, the episode also showed us the essence of each character.

@ Ruchi, looks like u managed to watch the epi after all.πŸ˜ƒ Lovely reading ur views.

Thanks dear Varshu !

Yes I did !! I was dying to watch it ...have figured a way out somehow !!! πŸ˜‰ Using own Data card ...πŸ˜›...office network lagaungi hi nahi !!! πŸ˜†...bahahahaha!!! phir toh link chalega hi na !

It was mesmerising ...and there is indeed so much to talk about ... our mythology is so deep yet so debateable ...
Edited by aaliah3108 - 8 years ago
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: varshu27

Thanks.😊

Love
Kshithi

Word Count: 1

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Thanks.😊

Love
Kshithi

Word Count: 1

ayushimehra thumbnail