Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: *Dev.*

I like everything you posted, I would to read more about Shanta.

Hi Dev,

Thanks. 😊
I wrote everything I know about Shanta. If you find more on this, please do let me know.
I always like to know more in Mythology.

Love
Kshithi
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely analysis dear. Thank you for touching upon the bits about Shantha, I wasn't aware of this and it really helped😳
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhinaya08

Lovely analysis dear. Thank you for touching upon the bits about Shantha, I wasn't aware of this and it really helped😳

Thanks Abhinaya. 😊

Shanta's story is not very well known and I also came across this only this year, some time back.

Love
Kshithi
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice post and though I know Ramayana quite well Shanta's story is something which is also new to me.
When I had to study " Urmila" as Malayalam second paper for my 9th standard, I was deeply touched a dialogue Urmila says after Ram sacrifices Lakshman for upholding his word in the end.
That the waters of Sarayu is running with the tears of the woman of Ayodhya. And what will be the fate of such a kingdom.
The new narrative is portraying that perspective of Ayodhya by bringing in Shanta's story. That Dasrath was not happy having a daughter.
Also I want the CVs to present in a way that is understandable to present generation, lot of Lord Ram's debatable decisions.
mansi_as18 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I agree... i haven't known about shanta before... thanks for letting me know about that strory...
Little_cupcakes thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Nice post and though I know Ramayana quite well Shanta's story is something which is also new to me.

When I had to study " Urmila" as Malayalam second paper for my 9th standard, I was deeply touched a dialogue Urmila says after Ram sacrifices Lakshman for upholding his word in the end.
That the waters of Sarayu is running with the tears of the woman of Ayodhya. And what will be the fate of such a kingdom.
The new narrative is portraying that perspective of Ayodhya by bringing in Shanta's story. That Dasrath was not happy having a daughter.
Also I want the CVs to present in a way that is understandable to present generation, lot of Lord Ram's debatable decisions.

hi r u a keralite, if so watch filim vais ali. ...That filim had a reference of santha she was given away to king of an ga, because of her kundali dosh.
sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Beautifully written! I'll have to watch the epi ASAP and join you people in discussion!
ankithasushma thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well i agree with all your points
Just like to add i just loved the scene where kaushalya was singing that song. It was amazing
Looking forward to the. Show
Nice post by the way
aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
hey !!!

Let me introduce myself ... I am Ruchi. Glad to meet you.

I loved ur post.

I am quite surprised myself that they have included the story of Ram's sister Shanta in this. Whether she shall make an appearance in the show or not is a different thing all together. Lets see how they take it.

This however brings to light how people behave in the same situation and adopt different ways to overcome it.

The way in which this difference in approach to child birth has been brought out by showing Janak and Dashrath in same situation is commendable. It was hard hitting and very stark in ur face difference. This is my first point.

Janak did not have a child , he however despite his wife asking him to remarry wanted to shoulder the responsibility to face the world saying he was equally involved and it's not just the woman who needs to take the onus. What a progressive thought process he had for those times ?

Looking at King Dashrath , he had a daughter Shanta with Kaushalya but he wanted sons ! so he married Kaikeyi and Sumitra for this while the girl was given away for adoption . The new wives too could not give him children so A yagna was performed and the all 3 ate the sacred fruit which gave them 4 sons.
Yesterday he was shown too impatient and concerned for his sons, it makes me think did he ever pine for his daughter at all ?? Kaushalya 's displeasure confirmed my doubt ...he did not !!! It is so unfortunate ...guess it is from here that people imbibed that Girls are burdens to be given away and still believe it ! or that boys are more important than girls .

Secondly, the direction is top notch and intervowen !! one scene flowed into another ...no abrupt scenes !

3. The enchanting locales.

4. Soothing and apt BG score.

5. Cast is really good...specially King Janak And Rani Kaushalya ...her bitterness and disappointment was so visible! Awaiting for Ashish's entry as Ram ji ...and of course Sita ji played by Madirakshi.

There is a lot to be explored from a Woman's perspective and the beginning was Kaushalya's depressed state they showed yesterday ...there are more ...Shanta, Sita ji, Urmila, Ahilya , Bharat's wife as he too spent 14 years pining for his brother whatever happened to his wife , no idea ...I would even say Ravan's wife...Mandodari ...what was her state of mind seeing her husband going mad after another man's wife , she was still with him till the end...so much to ponder about ...so much to know !!

Looking forward to the show and more interactive sessions.
Edited by aaliah3108 - 8 years ago
Muggle_Diaries thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Thanks Shruthi.

I agree. We do need a woman's perspective for Ramayana. From all the stories I have seen so far, I could only see Sita as a sort of victim or a person who was left alone by her husband while she was pregnant. And Urmila! She was never an important figure in all the stories. She was left in Ayodhya for 14 years by her husband who chose his brother over her.

So yes, I do want to understand the reasons and rationale behind Ram's questionable decisions.

Love
Kshithi